PDA

View Full Version : iPod vs USB Stick

Afrocleland
26th October 2011, 08:42 AM
Apart from the capacity... Is there any difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gismo
26th October 2011, 12:29 PM
Personal choice methinks, but, a fully integrated iPod can allow the use of steering wheel controls, on screen display and some other options i can't think of at the moment :Whistle:

Afrocleland
26th October 2011, 02:58 PM
But my USB does too... I can flick through album tracks... I can't seem to find any differences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markjbb
26th October 2011, 06:01 PM
usb stick for me

but i'll need to get a new radio at some point i'm wanting a kenwood kiv-700. i'm just using one of those radio usb transmitter things at the moment
the cd changer works when it wants too and at the moment its not and a can't get the cartridge to come out.

Stewart
26th October 2011, 06:22 PM
My Sister got a brand new Mini and as it had a USB I got her a stick and copied all her songs on to it. She is not the best when it comes to Tech but fairs fair its in the car since she got it and as she enjoys it. Also got the car programmed to switch between her two phones one for work and personal. I just wish My Cooper had the phone and the USB…..

Scottie
26th October 2011, 08:53 PM
Can anyone tell me can I down load to a USB stick songs that I have purchased through iTunes and on my library. If so please give me step by step dummy guide.

Burple
27th October 2011, 10:06 AM
Can anyone tell me can I down load to a USB stick songs that I have purchased through iTunes and on my library. If so please give me step by step dummy guide.

Short answer - yes.. if you're using Windows, dead easy :) (Mac, I'm not so sure never use one! :D)
Depending on whether you're using windows 7 or XP or Vista.
For Windows 7, you'll have to find the folder 'My Music'. The full path to it should be something like..

C:\Users\*YOUR USER NAME*\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music In there should be all your (bough from iTunes) albums, you should just be able to copy the folders to the usb.

:thumbs up:

craigib76
28th October 2011, 08:12 PM
my headunit does both i can use a usb stick and get all the functions i would get from an ipod and it is ipod compatible aswell

best of both worlds for me lol

Craig
28th October 2011, 08:15 PM
my headunit does both i can use a usb stick and get all the functions i would get from an ipod and it is ipod compatible aswell

best of both worlds for me lol

And you got a great deal on it too !! :lol:

mark1984
29th October 2011, 07:07 AM
i think since u sent that from your iphone you allready know the answer to that question.

peterb
30th October 2011, 09:31 AM
Ipod touch £300, same size USB £70, same functionality!:bigwave: