PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP

Gismo
23rd October 2011, 06:38 AM
Another Yamaha no show today with Spies withdrawing, get your fantasy league changes made Zimbo :biker:

Gismo
23rd October 2011, 11:22 AM
Side Show Bob, RIP fella, wasn't able to watch the MotoGP and i'm glad i didn't, Simocelli was involved in an accident and lost his life
No matter he pissed a few folks off at the start of the season, he had a certain panache about him that will be sorely missed :sad:

Tis a sad time for motosport this past few weeks

EcosseGP
23rd October 2011, 12:44 PM
Gutted the best talent since Rossi.

Watched it live and very disappointed with the BBC as they ended coverage thinking he was serious but stable.

Another great talent in Motorsport lost .. Long live the memories

RIP Sideshow Bob - you will be missed.

Big Gordy
23rd October 2011, 01:17 PM
I think they stopped it early after what happened with Senna all those years ago :frown: I knew it was bad when I saw his helmet was 20 feet away from where he lay :sad: Feel so sad for poor Edwards as he could do nothing but hit him. Vale must be devastated as Simo was a close pal. God I feel sick just thinking about it. There have been a few really nasty crashes in the last 2 weeks......Spies, Lorenzo,Vale...to name but a few :frown:

Big Gordy
23rd October 2011, 01:19 PM
he had a certain panache about him that will be sorely missed

And a fine head of hair :yes nod:

zimbo
23rd October 2011, 07:35 PM
I was fortunately working today and also missed this race and I am SO GLAD that I did. I was out on my rounds when I heard the news on the radio, and I couldn't believe it and in some ways I still can't :thud: that is not something I would have liked to have seen, it would end up haunting me forever.

A very sad day indeed :frown:

Simoncelli will be sadly missed, he was a great rider and yes he certainly didn't make many friends on the GP paddock especially Lorenzo and Dovi but thats what I liked about sideshow bob, he was different to all the other guys and was a totally unique character on the MotoGP grid.

The only consolation if any is that he went doing something he loved.

R.I.P Marco.
My thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him.

Gismo
24th October 2011, 06:54 AM
You can leave personal tributes here (http://www.motogp.com/en/contact/tributetosimoncelli)
You might have to be a registered user to do it, not sure.

Thing about the crash was that he had lost the front end and should have simply slid in that direction, somehow he managed to correct the slide and the rear wheel gained grip and shot him right across the track, if he hadn't have managed to almost save the incident he would most probably have survivied, pure an opinion of course, but, he should have slid out of harms way

Big Gordy
24th October 2011, 08:03 AM
Think your right Alan....in saving the crash he shot right in front of Colin and Vale who had no hope of missing him. The medical centre in Malaysia say they performed CPR for 45mins to try and stabalise his condition.....such a shame he's gone :(

Big Gordy
28th October 2011, 12:16 PM
Rumour has it that Vale might pack it in with the demise of his pal Marco :sad:
I don't think he will because his pride wants the Ducati to be a winner again.....but I could be wrong:frown:

Gismo
28th October 2011, 02:07 PM
An excellent montage for Marco:-

SpOsxTNteQQ

And this from MotoGP (http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/Marco+Simoncellis+Funeral)

Very emotional and can't begin to know what it must feel like to bury one of your own kids.

Big Gordy
28th October 2011, 03:02 PM
Cracking tributes there....brought a lump to my throat....still can't believe he's gone :sad:

zimbo
6th November 2011, 10:44 PM
Well thats the season over for yet another year once again, as far as I'm concerned it's been a brilliant season even with Casey and Hondas domination :yes nod: the worst part of the season was the loss of Marco :sad:

Bit miffed that I had to work today all day so missed all the races :ragin:, not happy last race of the season for all the boys and I had to fecking work!!! :argh: got home and raced into the livingroom and switched on the telly and caught the last 15 laps I think it was on eurosport. great race that I saw anyway, well done Ben, very unlucky to be pipped to the post by 0.015 of a second!!! :thud:by Casey (Damn those Hondas are fn fast...)

Dovi did an awesome job and deserves his 3rd spot in the championship :clap: be a new experience for him next year with Tech 3 Yamaha and will be the 1st time he has not been racing on a Honda throughout his career!

I finished my very 1st MotoGP fantasy league in 79th place overall :thumbs up: excellent job even if I do say so myself :smilewinkgrin:

Bring on the 1000s and 2012 woohoo.....

Gismo
7th November 2011, 12:25 AM
Bad crash at the start and could have easily been another fatality, when you see how lucky Rossi was to basically be carried along on a tide of bikes.

Hayden was injured

Bad luck for Spies

I ended up 460th in the league

Big Gordy
7th November 2011, 08:38 AM
What about the poor wee jap rider leading the 600's......honestly thought he was a gonner.....the way his head smacked the track and he then went all limp....feared the worst. Thankfully he seems to be OK.