PDA

View Full Version : Not The Best Start to the Weekend...

RobSco
21st October 2011, 10:28 PM
Driving to work today my Power Steering Pump decided it had, had enough and thought to itself to stop working... :argh:

I had my suspicions for a while regarding the pump as it was quite noisy, but could have done without this first thing in the morning, especially when trying to turn a corner, so it's of to the guys at Peter Vardy's in Edinburgh who will hopefully fix it 110%, all that I can say is, I'm glad its under warranty... :yes nod:

Mini Breakdown Cover on car as well, Car collected and a Hired car delivered... :thumbs up:... Well worth having this on your car... :yes nod: ... All Part of the Warranty...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/saltire832ad/Miscellaneous/photo-4a.jpg

lorraine
21st October 2011, 10:38 PM
hope its fixed soon

Craig
21st October 2011, 10:48 PM
Not great news Robert :frown:

Glad it's still under warranty as it's big money :yes nod:

MINIme:)
22nd October 2011, 12:01 AM
aww no! poor you and POOR MINI!!! :sad: at least it's under warranty.

Can I ask, what happens when that 'stops working'? can you just not turn/control the car? hope it was easy to handle safely.

fingers crossed you and mini are soon:motoring:

RobSco
22nd October 2011, 12:16 AM
aww no! poor you and POOR MINI!!! :sad: at least it's under warranty.

Can I ask, what happens when that 'stops working'? can you just not turn/control the car? hope it was easy to handle safely.

fingers crossed you and mini are soon:motoring:

Steering goes Very Heavy and is hard to turn round corners as more effort is required, wouldn't like it to happen at speed, just drove to our work very slowly but at the same time didn't want it to leave us stranded, the easiest way to describe it is, it's like driving with a flat tyre... :thumbs up:

RobSco
22nd October 2011, 08:21 AM
Not great news Robert :frown:

Glad it's still under warranty as it's big money :yes nod:

Don't I know it Craig, better to happen the now and not later... :yes nod:

stoney
22nd October 2011, 08:53 AM
dam i had it happen to me on my 1st mini when going round a corner luck i has just a little on

as for driving with it neer imposable as rob said it VERY heavy even worse than a car with out power steering

Stewart
22nd October 2011, 02:06 PM
Not too bad then and as these things usually have a habit of kicking you in the nuts just as the warranty has passed I’m glad you’ve got it covered.
It’s a Min fault this anyway is it not this steering pump fail, they should have had them all recalled.

When I read the Title I thought it was a mini that had been bashed.

Sounds like Mini are on the job so its all good......hope you get it back soon.:thumbs up:

RobSco
23rd October 2011, 08:12 PM
Speaking of which, Robert......How's your wee mini with the steering pump failure??? :eek:

Who knows... :idunno: Haven't heard from the Service Department, Last contact I had was a text saying ETA 1.18 PM on Friday so must have been the Breakdown Vehicle arriving at Peter Vardys, Not hassling them as I have a Hire Car and they would be open half day on Saturday and closed today... :thumbs up:

23rd October 2011, 08:37 PM
What's your current runaround? :motoring: hope it's not a 2008 cooper S!!

RobSco
23rd October 2011, 09:24 PM
What's your current runaround? :motoring: hope it's not a 2008 cooper S!!

Current runaround is a 2011 Red Mini One... :thumbs up:

RobSco
25th October 2011, 07:59 PM
Received word today from Peter Vardy that my car was now ready for collection, so I've been through to pick it up, all repaired with New Power Steering Pump fitted and a Full Valet... :thumbs up:

Excellent Service as always from Peter Vardy... :yes nod:

Would also like to Thank Victoria who gave me a lift through to Peter Vardys from www.gogetarentalcar.co.uk who supplied the Hire car given to me when my car was being repaired all under Warranty... Excellent Service... :thumbs up:

stoney
25th October 2011, 09:51 PM
Glad it's all sorted :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Craig
25th October 2011, 09:54 PM
Great news Robert ;)

25th October 2011, 09:55 PM
:thumbs up:

have you named your car yet?

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2011, 10:12 PM
Received word today from Peter Vardy that my car was now ready for collection, so I've been through to pick it up, all repaired with New Power Steering Pump fitted and a Full Valet... :thumbs up:

Excellent Service as always from Peter Vardy... :yes nod:

Would also like to Thank Victoria who gave me a lift through to Peter Vardys from www.gogetarentalcar.co.uk who supplied the Hire car given to me when my car was being repaired all under Warranty... Excellent Service... :thumbs up:

Good to hear the cars all sorted Rob.:thumbs up:

And great service from Victoria too. Would have been easy to say "sorry too busy, here's a phone, call a taxi." Especially considering it wouldn't just have been gogetacar she was coming from.:smilewinkgrin:

A.:D

RobSco
26th October 2011, 01:37 AM
:thumbs up:

have you named your car yet?

No Name Yet - It's already got one - Mini Cooper... :lol: ... What more could you ask for... :thumbs up:

RobSco
26th October 2011, 01:39 AM
Good to hear the cars all sorted Rob.:thumbs up:

And great service from Victoria too. Would have been easy to say "sorry too busy, here's a phone, call a taxi." Especially considering it wouldn't just have been gogetacar she was coming from.:smilewinkgrin:

A.:D

Certainly was Great Service from Victoria... :thumbs up: As I would have been driving past Eastern where they operate from and could have dropped the car off at Peter Vardys, they would have then had to send some there to collect it and wasn't sure what to do, she came up with the idea of giving me a lift through to collect my car as she stayed out that way...

In doing so saved me the hassle of leaving car at Peter Vardys and then having to get them to collect it from there, This helped out both parties, Still Great service as when I had car, insurance was extended past the time I should have returned car. Would certainly use them if I ever needed to hire a car... :yes nod: