stoney
18th October 2011, 11:33 PM
Spoted the the ring

Wider track dig defuser and big brakes

http://tapatalk.com/mu/52848b10-feb8-66e8.jpg

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Track Ali
19th October 2011, 02:11 AM
It had different wheels on it when I saw it going round. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what MINI decide to do with it (assuming it's definitely coming).

Gismo
19th October 2011, 04:48 AM
Anyone else get the latest e-mail from Mini UK which kinda shows an R56 GP, well, it has the red roof and mirrors, i'll try and link to it later when i have time, see what you think

http://minimarketingmachineinfo.co.uk/AEM/Clients/MIN001/2011/10/12/1341/images/24014_Header.jpg

JOHN MILNE
19th October 2011, 06:59 AM
i think that pic is a jcw
there is an option on thrm now for roof colour and mirrors in red

stoney
19th October 2011, 08:17 AM
Yep you can speck it but why would they have that on the ring if it was not testing we allready have a r56 jcw

Mon the fish
19th October 2011, 08:25 AM
It's got back seats :frown:

Gismo
19th October 2011, 08:26 AM
i think that pic is a jcw
there is an option on thrm now for roof colour and mirrors in redYep, you can see the JCW badge, but thought that maybe it was Mini giving somethign away, also, the door shape appears different

zimbo
19th October 2011, 09:59 AM
Yep, you can see the JCW badge, but thought that maybe it was Mini giving somethign away, also, the door shape appears different

I think you been spending too much time out in the sun... :yes nod:

Track Ali
19th October 2011, 12:34 PM
The contrasting red roof was just a sort of limited edition thing that they did. It's not any different to a standard car except that it has a red roof and mirrors. The car Rob has posted a picture of seems to definitely be a different model. Whether it's an R56 GP or simply a test mule for newer engines remains to be seen.

I do remember talk a while ago of a JCW diesel variant but the car pictured above was definitely petrol when I heard it :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
19th October 2011, 01:59 PM
Ok, I'll admit it - it was ME with some strategically placed vinyl and spare alloys!!!!!!
And a quick LHD Conversion...

MINIme:)
19th October 2011, 02:04 PM
where is this to see/hear it? Do they test things somewhere nearby?

EcosseGP
19th October 2011, 02:58 PM
No GP it'll become like the Mitsubishi Evo .. The GP should remain unique & as such the next limited edition called something else ..

ELFMAN
19th October 2011, 04:36 PM
No GP it'll become like the Mitsubishi Evo .. The GP should remain unique & as such the next limited edition called something else ..

I agree, if it ever happens it should be called the 'R-S' (Father Jack's favourite car...) or 'COOPER S/R' or something, although I had a NOVA SR... about 300 years ago - actually a good wee motor in its day.

The R53 GP is a MINI icon, and it's up to the R56 to make its own mark - calling it a GP would do neither model any favours.

SuperCooperS
19th October 2011, 05:57 PM
4x4 and reduced weight, with carbon fibre trim... sexy weld lines ( like 360 modena), no carpets and stripped out and finished in black suade hmmmmm i likey

MINIme:)
19th October 2011, 08:49 PM
I had a NOVA SR... about 300 years ago

Aw Mr Elf, I'm sure you're not THAT old:lol:

(I had a Corsa SRi - Is that as good? ....Electrics were cr*p in it :frown:)

SuperCooperS
19th October 2011, 09:09 PM
Ive had 3 vx corsa.. one of which was an SRi and at the time i thought it was nippy and felt quite sporty... that was 5 years ago though

AndyP & Lenore
20th October 2011, 08:34 AM
I know, it would disappear up its own RS... :argh: :frown:

After my original Mini Clubman Estate and tuned 1275 Mini '1000 HLE', I was a Vauxhall Nova man for years - I.0 litre (terrible), SR (good car for its time), .......

1.0 Litre Vauxhall Nova was an amazin' car. Was my first car as a teenager and felt like a supercharged Cooper S does to me now. I loved it. Also, it had "just" the right amount of room on the back seats, if you racked the front seats forward fully and tipped the seat backs forward.:blush: :thumbs up:

Always wanted an SRi. Never could afford one.:frown:

A.

ianking
20th October 2011, 09:11 AM
To keep this off topic when I was 18 I had an H reg Silver Nova GSi. Quite the envy of all the boy racers in Penicuik. Only way I could get cover to drive it was on my step dads garage policy so I only kept it for a couple months. Even to modern day standards that was a quick car. The boy I sold it to totalled it 2 weeks later.
In 2001 I got a 2000 W reg corsa Sport 1.4 16v in silver (sucessor to the SRi) but it was pants so only kept it about 10 months as the Mini was launched and the rest is history.

An R56 mini GP, hmmm that would be nice but it would need to be very special and not just a FJCW with the rear seats out.

Mon the fish
20th October 2011, 01:28 PM
There wasn't a huge mechanical difference between the GP and the R53 JCW, the intercooler was the only drivetrain/suspension/brake part you couldn't spec normally on a JCW, so I don't see an issue with calling it a GP.

As much as I would like a stripped out 250bhp R56 GP, going by the past, it'll have an extra 10bhp and be a bit lighter than the R56 JCW

stoney
20th October 2011, 02:17 PM
There wasn't a huge mechanical difference between the GP and the R53 JCW, the intercooler was the only drivetrain/suspension/brake part you couldn't spec normally on a JCW, so I don't see an issue with calling it a GP.

As much as I would like a stripped out 250bhp R56 GP, going by the past, it'll have an extra 10bhp and be a bit lighter than the R56 JCW

There is also smaller sc pully I think

ELFMAN
20th October 2011, 02:28 PM
Mon, like you said about speccing the R53 to 'GP standard' - my R53 had all the JCW bits, 210 engine, brakes, suspension, JCW Seats (Sparcos) etc, plus various aftermarket stuff as the icing on the cake, so it was a kind of 'GP in disguise' if you like. Except it sounded better! :smilewinkgrin: :shut up: :D

On reflection, I think 'R56 GP' would be an OK title, but maybe it should be something more individual and appropriate, like the "R56 HFE"(Hideously F****** Expensive). :yes nod:

ELFMAN
20th October 2011, 02:40 PM
:off topic:
1.0 Litre Vauxhall Nova was an amazin' car. Was my first car as a teenager and felt like a supercharged Cooper S does to me now. I loved it. Also, it had "just" the right amount of room on the back seats, if you racked the front seats forward fully and tipped the seat backs forward.:blush: :thumbs up: A.

:hand: You are a Very Naughty Man, Mr. P. The same was true for the seats in my modded 106 GTi - AND it was never beaten on the road... a true Multi-Purpose Vehicle! You could get points on your licence and a knackered back in the same evening :smilewinkgrin:

Re. the performance of the 1.0L Nova - I went from a 'mad as a box of frogs' 95BHP Mini to that car, so it always felt as if it was going backwards (especially when it was going backwards...) :bigwave:

Mon the fish
20th October 2011, 06:05 PM
There is also smaller sc pully I think

All JCW pulleys are 11%

Mon the fish
21st October 2011, 08:18 AM
The intercooler is the only mechanical difference, the GP map has the rev limit raised to 7200rpm giving more power. A friendly dealer can flash the GP map onto a JCW

Gismo
21st October 2011, 09:15 AM
The intercooler is the only mechanical difference, the GP map has the rev limit raised to 7200rpm giving more powerI didn't know that, cheers for the info :thumbs up: