PDA

View Full Version : All Season OR Winter Tyres?

gauldrymini
17th October 2011, 01:09 PM
What are the views on either:

(a) Fitting All Season tyres to the R57 MINI?:confused:

OR

(b) Getting a set of steelies and Winter tyres?:confused:

Any thoughts most welcome as is recommendation on brands / suppliers etc....

Has anyone bought MINI dealer Winter Wheel and know the fitting costs?

Cheers

Craig
17th October 2011, 01:17 PM
Winter tyres definitely. :thumbs up:

Thus means you get the best out of all your tyres. All season tyres are a compromise I'n both seasons (as you can use then all year round)

Brands - fir me it has to be vredestein or nokian. Nokian is my no1 as I used them for the last 2 winters on my mini and never had any issues ;). Mine were the wrg2 variant. I have the W+ on the punto ;)

So my advice, get steelies and winters :yes nod:

gauldrymini
17th October 2011, 01:27 PM
Cheers Craig...

Maybe a daft question but I assume you can use the existing wheel bolts with steelies?

Andrew

Craig
17th October 2011, 01:44 PM
Cheers Craig...

Maybe a daft question but I assume you can use the existing wheel bolts with steelies?

Andrew

Most times.... As long as they are standard wheel bolts I don't see an issue ;). It's the length of them that would be the only issue .. But I cant see it if they are mini steel wheels :yes nod:

The Dogfather
17th October 2011, 02:20 PM
I've been tempted by a set of Vred Quatracs but they're too expensive. The Nokian WRG2 are practically an all season with the performance of a full winter.

stoney
17th October 2011, 05:41 PM
what the 2 of them said :lol: would defo go for winter rather than all season ones :)

gauldrymini
18th October 2011, 12:31 PM
Ordered a set of Steelies and Winter Tyres from JC Dundee today, maybe not the cheapest option but more convenient :yes nod:
Pirelli Snowcontrol are the tyres in question...

Thanks for the advice guys.