PDA

View Full Version : 1st sighting of a coupe on the road.

zimbo
15th October 2011, 10:55 PM
Well I spotted a coupe' on the road for the very 1st time today (twice, same car) in broughty ferry. It was spice Orange with black roof and viper stripes up and over the car, :idunno: still not my cup of tea.

SuperCooperS
15th October 2011, 11:28 PM
Ive seen a couple in Aberdeen over last few weeks.. sound much better then they look..

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2011, 11:35 PM
Ive seen a couple in Aberdeen over last few weeks.. sound much better then they look..

I have to say the one we took out for a thrash test sounded lovely. :yes nod:

A.:D

SuperCooperS
16th October 2011, 08:46 AM
there is a very nice deep tone to them lol..i was like hmm thats sounds good.. (lifts head)....erggggg grose lol

Stewart
16th October 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not a fan of the spice Orange in the first place. I'm waiting on that all Black Works pulling up and thinking "oh yeah". Once these things are spotted they will sell like hot cakes around here. Although the Yummy Mummy brigade cant really fit their kids in there. :smilewinkgrin:

I keep see this all kitted out White Countrymen with the Black and its growing on me and I have to say i was not a fan of them at all.

peterb
16th October 2011, 10:01 PM
Mine sounds good and moving the engine forwards and the lower centre of gravity has sharpened the handling over the last 3 Minis. It is a wow to dive! How it looks is growing on me, though the other half has named it strawberry short cake.

Craig
16th October 2011, 10:05 PM
Welcome Peter.... Member since 2003 and this is your first post :thud: that's some kind of record :clap:
Glad your loving your mini ;). I'm still I'n the "can't see the point of this model" camp :rolleyes:

Gismo
17th October 2011, 04:45 AM
Welcome Peter.... Member since 2003 and this is your first post :thud: that's some kind of record :clap:And he survived the annual member pruning too :welcome:

zimbo
17th October 2011, 09:28 AM
JCs in dundee have a JCW coupe in the same colours as peterb has except their one has no-black wheels on and it's a customers car, looked through the window of the car and it's got the sat-nav/media screen and harmon-kardon too (big speakers on the A-Pillars!!:Whistle:)

Stewart
17th October 2011, 10:23 PM
Very nice Peter a few more pics would be nice.....I think your the first Coupe owner on here!

Well played your car looks great! Still a bit unsure about the roof but I think the more you see it the more it will grow on me.

So the engine is further forward?

This is now in the Dealers, still think it needs the kit.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6222/6240230123_f508259a3e.jpg

The Dogfather
18th October 2011, 06:14 AM
Very nice Peter a few more pics would be nice.....I think your the first Coupe owner on here!

Well played your car looks great! Still a bit unsure about the roof but I think the more you see it the more it will grow on me.

So the engine is further forward?

This is now in the Dealers, still think it needs the kit.

If they moved the engine forwards that would knacker the steering, the engine has to be behind the front axle. This is why some Audis don’t handle well.

Mon the fish
18th October 2011, 07:58 AM
Can't see them moving engine mountings etc just for the Coupe, surely the front end is the same as the hatch?

mark1984
18th October 2011, 08:14 AM
i wish they would have done the coop better they should have the motor in the rear and rear wheel drive keeping he engine over the rear wheels keeping it balanced better.
since they have not done it on this one they should bring out a ltd edition hatch that has rear wheel drive and the motor in the back too front end boot and keep it middle of the market haveing a 150 ish hp or mabe just go all out and stick a bigger turbo on the jcw motor and bring it up to 250 bhp.

peterb
18th October 2011, 09:09 PM
A few more pictures, yes the engine is pushed closer to the font of the engine bay making it more nose heavy. Peter Vardy at Seafield in Edinburgh have 4 in the show room, well worth a look. My first Mini in 1975 had only 2 seats largely because there was so much rust, but then it only cost £50. The roof line is growing on me but at 6’1’ I have to remember to duck.30193020

Remember there was almost the Mini Broadspeed!

Stewart
18th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Very nice, you must be getting some looks with it being such a new toy on the road!

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Hi Peter welcome along.. good to see a new style of mini on the forum:thumbs up:.. i noticed you said your not sure about the roof line and the looks are growing on you... did you buy the car, and in the back of your mind said to yourself.. not sure if I like this or not but what the heck.. ill give it a shot..:p... good on you though. im sure youll enjoy it

mark1984
18th October 2011, 09:27 PM
i love the look it has tidy looks but i also have this thing in my head that the jcw would be a proper motor. i will have one one day think i will wait till they bring out a ltd edition.

RobSco
18th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Peter

Very Nice and Glad to see your Enjoying your Mini Coupe... :yes nod:

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

:welcome:

MINIme:)
18th October 2011, 09:38 PM
Nice one Peter, I'll bet that turns a few heads as it drives by:thumbs up:

peterb
18th October 2011, 10:04 PM
Ah, I have had 3 JCW's, I saw the coupe in Berlin in June (Blue and silver) and fancied a change so ordered one when I got back. Yes a lot of people are looking at it all positive so far. But more importantly it’s a blast to drive and that’s what it’s all about!
:smilewinkgrin:
This is my configuration which may be of interest. Did you know it has a rear view mirror from a BMW one? Build date was 19/9/2011.

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 10:36 PM
as long as your having fun and it makes you smile.. thats the main thing... no other car in the same price range has given me as much fun