PDA

View Full Version : Electrical woes....

MiniTheMinx
12th October 2011, 04:11 PM
Hi
Sorry I only seem to post something when I've got a problem! :blush:
I seem to have a problem with my electrics - and a few weird things are happening....any ideas?

1. Boot/bonnet light comes on when I take off quickly, go over a bump or if it is really windy AND the interior light comes on when the boot/bonnet light comes on

2. Rain sensor wipers sometimes come on when its not raining, but dont always come on when it is.

3. Interior light does not switch off when car is turned off. It only goes off if I switch it off or if I lock the car.

4. Automatic headlight sensors - come on when car starts, switch themselves off after a few seconds and then switch themselves back on again about a minute later. Sometimes they wont switch off at all in the daylight (after the issues when initally starting). Its a real pain at night as I have to sit for a few minutes waiting for the lights to sort themselves out before driving off (yes I know I could just put them on normally but I'm lazy;))

Any advice would be much appreciated before I spend more money on the bl**dy thing!

Thanks

Craig
12th October 2011, 07:04 PM
could be a faulty BC1 module..... they do cause various electrical issues.. What year is your car? as this only normally happens in earlier models....

MiniTheMinx
13th October 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Craig
Its only a 2007 - is that classed as old? :)

Crombers
13th October 2011, 04:25 PM
Hi Craig

Em, no, not in my book, definitely not, ........ spring chicken even :thumbs up:

Time to get it hooked up to the diagnostics I'm afraid, hope you get a fix

Craig
13th October 2011, 05:31 PM
Hi Craig

Nope and amazingly Crombers gave an informative post ! :thud:

I would get it into an independent garage and hooked up to a diagnostic machine ;). That shod hopefully tell you what your leccy probs are

Crombers
13th October 2011, 05:49 PM
Nope and amazingly Crombers gave an informative post ! :thud:

Feck !!!! , must try harder , it's nearly Panto season :D ...... where are my usual suspects

.......... Mwuuuuuuughaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

MiniTheMinx
16th October 2011, 10:32 PM
Cheers guys! Any recommendations for a garage that won't rip me off (Aberdeen area)? Thanks x

SuperCooperS
16th October 2011, 10:38 PM
Hi AW Autoworks... i hear is very good.. I will be using it for anything i need now that my warrantee is up.. few folk said they use it and its great

The Dogfather
16th October 2011, 10:43 PM
1. try adjusting the boot bump stops sounds like the boot isn’t shut properly - same with 3

The others are related to the sensor near the rear view mirror, I suspect possibly a corroded connection. Mind you that could also be the cause of the boot/interior lights issue

MiniTheMinx
18th October 2011, 08:39 PM
Car maybe just needs a bl**dy good wash :D

Thanks for all the advice.