PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S kit!

Afrocleland
11th October 2011, 04:05 PM
I just got offered a pair of cooper s bumpers already in my colour for £130. How hard will it be to install them?

SuperCooperS
11th October 2011, 04:25 PM
Flip that was lucky.. where did you get such a good find?..im not overly experienced in this kind of thing.. but i would imagine its just a matter of unscrewing some screws and bolts and reinstalling the new one as the reverse of taking the original off

Afrocleland
11th October 2011, 04:35 PM
A friend of a friend of a friend. Lol. They seem to be in good nic!

stoney
11th October 2011, 04:55 PM
never took an R56 bumber off but the R53 one is a doodle can not seeing it being much different :)

Craig
11th October 2011, 05:36 PM
Shod be fairly straight forward as per the r53. Just check for bolts/screws I'n the front wings and I'n the under tray ;)

The Dogfather
11th October 2011, 06:43 PM
I did a rear bumper, it took me about 45 mins but there was some damage to the one I was taking off which meant it took longer than it should have.

Mon the fish
14th October 2011, 06:52 AM
The R56 front bumper is a bit of a faff compared to the R53 - the black trim overlaps the bumper, a few bolts that are awkward to access. 45 mins or so.

As for the back, can you change the trim so the exhaust holes match up? You could on the R50/53

Craig
14th October 2011, 07:29 AM
The R56 front bumper is a bit of a faff compared to the R53 - the black trim overlaps the bumper, a few bolts that are awkward to access. 45 mins or so.

As for the back, can you change the trim so the exhaust holes match up? You could on the R50/53

Not on the back bumper Gordon as the bumper is a diff shape :frown: the cooper s bumper has an indent I'n the centre where the exhausts are

Duncan Stewart
14th October 2011, 07:54 AM
A tip - get some new plastic clips for the front arches
Had to replace my front bumper this year (argument with some wild life), got a new, painted one of e-bay (under £100) but got a body shop to fit it - unfortunately they broke the plastic clips on the front arches (apparently this usually happens) so we had to get replacements.

ianking
14th October 2011, 09:15 AM
As others have said rear bumper exhaust recess is different. As Duncan mentioned go to mini dealer and get the wee plastic clips that hold the black arch exterior covers to the body as these are designed to break. You need to pop the bottom sections of the arch covers off to reveal fixings for the bumpers. This is the case for both front and rear bumpers on the R56 style mini. Ive done both fronts and rears and its not difficult.

Mon the fish
14th October 2011, 10:33 AM
You may also need the grille part - I put the S front bumper on the wife's car, and I had to use the S grille as the top of the bumper is slightly different