PDA

View Full Version : New Owner! Needs Ideas for first MINI!

Afrocleland
10th October 2011, 09:52 PM
Hello there!

I'm just after buying my first Mini! It's a 58 plate Cooper D!
It's Red with a white roof, bonnet stripes and mirrors... And has 16" blaster alloys! All in all... Standard!

I'm looking to Mod it a little to make it a wee bit different! Any Ideas?!? Preferably not too expensive! I was thinking of painting the alloys white to start!

Cheers, the site is awesome!

SuperCooperS
10th October 2011, 09:59 PM
Hi there glad to hear you are enjoying your mini, where are you from?, well ive had my cooper s for about 6 months. ive painted my drums to freshen them up, upgraded the panel air filter to an ITG performance one, installed an armrest, replaced the standard side light bulbs to nice bright LED ones, all at minimal cost.. what had you thought about doing other than painting your wheels.. youll have to get some pics up to

N16SHP
10th October 2011, 10:00 PM
Hey, and welcome to NMS! I have a red Cooper S with white alloys. They look great when they are clean, but be prepared to be washing your wheels, and your car while your at it, at least once a week depending on mileage. A lot of people make tweeks to the look of their car with vinyl, as it's pretty cheap and easy to work with once you get the hang of it.

Get some pics up of your car though so we can all have a look!!

stoney
10th October 2011, 10:01 PM
hi and :welcome: glad you like the site a lot of banter going around the now ;)

as for mod's well you can go for a roof graphic there are loads to chose from or go custom

there are lot of diffident things you can do depends on what you like have a look in the gallery at the diffident minis to get some ideas :thumbs up:

RobSco
10th October 2011, 10:06 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

:welcome:

Craig
10th October 2011, 10:41 PM

Give us an idea of what you mean re mods... Cosmetic, power, wheels, suspension etc and then we can give you a better idea ;)

MINIme:)
10th October 2011, 11:28 PM

silver spirit
11th October 2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome to N. M. S. :)

Afrocleland
11th October 2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone! I live near motherwell! I was thinking cosmetic stuff only! I like the idea of changing lights and stuff! I was looking at gettin a cooper s kit but I'm not sure of the effort involved! I'll get a photo up tonight! How hard is it to uupgrade headlight bulbs?

Afrocleland
11th October 2011, 06:06 PM
Have you got a photo of how that turned out? Cheers for the help!

lorraine
11th October 2011, 10:11 PM

Afrocleland
11th October 2011, 10:41 PM
That's pretty cool! Seems a lot of work... I'm thinking I'm defo gettin the lights sorted first! Here's a photo of it when it was on Arnold Clark site! I seen it a week ago and I've been in London all week so bought it over the phone! Fly back Friday, pick it up Saturday! I quite fancy viper stripes but I think I'll leave the bonnet as is for now!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2cy65fp.png

P.s That big red square is an advert of some sort... Not a graphic gone wrong!

mark1984
12th October 2011, 06:57 AM
i just stuck a set of piaa spots on my red cooper d looks difrent.
i also have bonet stripes etc.
i think tinted back windows and a stripe down at the bottom of the doors would be cool.
there are a lot of white alloys and black.
you defo need to remap your motor
k&n filter.
set of nice recaro buckets.
roll cage.
raceing harness.
a nice wing on the back some thing to fit the size or the mini.
upgrade the breakes mabe brembo with red calipers.
u can get lots of nice bits to chrome or carbon fibre up your interiour.
eh cant think of any thing ealse rite now but if i do i will get back to you.

mark1984
12th October 2011, 06:58 AM
led lights and bulbs are a nice adition

bullet
12th October 2011, 07:02 PM
welcome to nms from fellow newby

edd44
12th October 2011, 07:52 PM
led side lights and number plate lights are a quick easy mod..makes a big difference.. did mine yesterday.. and when i had my r56 cooper i changed the top grill to a cooper s version.. not expensive either, red cooper with white wheels look great to.. side scuttles lots of different designs to choice from.. bmw or after market... and welcome to nms..

Duncan Stewart
14th October 2011, 08:12 AM

markjbb
16th October 2011, 08:24 AM

SuperCooperS
16th October 2011, 08:30 AM
another quick, cheap and easy mod is changing the interior lights and puddle lights under the edges of the front doors to LED to give it a sharp crisp look..

SuperCooperS
16th October 2011, 08:30 AM
Edd, what bulbs did you use for your number plate?

edd44
16th October 2011, 08:13 PM
Edd, what bulbs did you use for your number plate?
http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=824

SuperCooperS
16th October 2011, 10:08 PM
cool thanks.. purchased.. :smilewinkgrin: is there much difference in brightness between the standard LED, the twin board 24LED and the twin board 48LED for the interior centre light.. and is it necessary just to look nice and better than the standard bulb

edd44
17th October 2011, 04:06 PM
cool thanks.. purchased.. :smilewinkgrin: is there much difference in brightness between the standard LED, the twin board 24LED and the twin board 48LED for the interior centre light.. and is it necessary just to look nice and better than the standard bulb i just used a single blue led bulb i had in my st focus and fiesta. still to do footwells.

Afrocleland
17th October 2011, 10:01 PM
I like the idea of doing lights... I fancy red footwell lights! But I dono if it'd maybe be nicer with normal bright ones!
Tiny new owner update... Totally loving the car!!

Colin
19th October 2011, 12:46 PM

Afrocleland
2nd November 2011, 08:36 AM
That's added some new side scuttles and had the wheels refurbed and painted... Thinking of back windows gettin tinted next! Let me know what you think!

Sorry for crap quality, both taken in crappy light with an iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig
2nd November 2011, 08:58 AM
Oh White wheels :thud: hope you like cleaning ! :thumbs up: looks good tho :yes nod: I always have the rears tinted, I think it looks good ;)

Neil - TXJ
2nd November 2011, 08:13 PM
Looking good. I am thinking of getting sun blinds for the rear rather than tinting.

Afrocleland
7th November 2011, 07:45 PM
Think red callipers would work?

peterb
7th November 2011, 11:12 PM
They always look good on a red car:thumbs up:

Think red callipers would work?

Gismo
8th November 2011, 12:09 AM
They always look good on a red car:thumbs up:

Agreed :thumbs up:

euan
8th November 2011, 11:07 AM
Yup, get the calipers painted and tints. Full tints on the back on the car will look miles better than the blinds as it increases the look that the roof is floating (that's the idea anyway..)

You could also think about getting either a check effect or the mini bars done at the foot of the doors in white?