PDA

View Full Version : another quick photoshop

SuperCooperS
8th October 2011, 11:53 PM
Jurys out.. I think it will look good in the flesh.

The Dogfather
9th October 2011, 03:32 AM
The wheels are too dark. There’s no visual impact from the wheels, the polished ones would look better, but they’re crap for winter.

This is why I was suggesting aftermarket, with the OZ wheels you get the polished effect with a painted wheel.

stoney
9th October 2011, 06:22 AM
i like it but do kind of agree with vidal (OMG can not belive i just said that :lol:) a bit to dark

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 08:35 AM
im just looking at your GP there ^ Stoney and your GP is grey with dark wheels and I think it looks great. If a car has the all black look, there is very little visual impact but i think it look hot.. as its subtle... im bored of shiney bling wheels and want a change just, ive had OZ wheels on a clio I had when I was 18 and liked them then but cant find a style i like enough to buy at the min

RobSco
9th October 2011, 08:52 AM
Hi Stephen, Have you looked at the wheels on this site... www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mini_alloy_wheels It might give you more ideas... :thumbs up:

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 09:02 AM
Hi thanks Rob, nice range of wheels on there

Sportspack Mark
9th October 2011, 09:30 AM
what about the jcw r95's? i love those :D

Sportspack Mark
9th October 2011, 09:37 AM
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k345/BostonR56S/IMG_9352.jpg

look what i found :D

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 09:44 AM
yes they are nice too

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 09:45 AM
ohhhhhhh i like lol where did you find that.... i think that looks great

Sportspack Mark
9th October 2011, 10:00 AM
I'm just brilliant :D you leave it with me sunshine :p

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v348/42/23/9032395/n9032395_37976396_6879.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v348/42/23/9032395/n9032395_37976405_7348.jpg

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 10:08 AM
I think thats helped me confirm my decision.. there is toooo much black on that car.. i like my crome highlights to break it up a bit

craigib76
9th October 2011, 10:12 AM
a different coloured wheel would make that car stunning too much black and no impact from the wheels now if the were candy red or bright orange lol

the GP wheels are dark stephen but are broken up by the diamond cut areas round the rim and on the spokes which makes them not toooooo dark oh and dont call a GP GREY owners a very proud (and sometimes a bit touchy) whisper)))):) of the colour on the car which is thunder blue

hope this helps

craig

Sportspack Mark
9th October 2011, 10:12 AM
Indeed i think its gone a bit far with the headlight rings etc

do you have an actual thread for your S? haven't seen any pics of it

Sportspack Mark
9th October 2011, 10:15 AM
I also like the r95's

http://images04.olx.co.uk/ui/12/18/38/f_177471038-b610b0ea.jpeg

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 10:34 AM
2008 Mini Cooper S
got it in April 2011 with 14k on the clock
minimal changes to car, intalled arm rest, upgraded front side lights to brighter LEDS, painted the drums silver to freshen them up, upgraded air filter to a ITG performance filter (gives the T-charger a nice whoosh and produces a few extra spilts and crackles from back end)

Next mod
wheels
and then we shall see what else takes my notion2966

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 10:38 AM
Ops haha Craig.. I better appologise.. so here goes..Stoney et al....please accept my humble appology, Ok thunder blue.. hmmm very close to grey though with a blue tint

stoney
9th October 2011, 02:09 PM
its ok yes i do have wheels for the winter they are a grey rather than black the OEM are black with silver face

N16SHP
10th October 2011, 09:47 PM
I like this look Stephen, as we talked about the other day. But remember one thing, it doesn't matter what any of us say, its your car and whatever look you like, then go for it :thumbs up:

But getting a thumbs up from everyone else on here along the way does help too :D

SuperCooperS
10th October 2011, 09:50 PM
Cheers Neil.. I know what you mean, however I just like putting it out there and hearing other peoples opinions while im confirming my own thoughts.. Ive always like the darker subtle looks...so will more than likely be going for this configuration ;)

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 06:46 PM
im just back from Peter Vardy getting my new wheels on the car, i think it looks stunning.. my photoshop didnt so it any justice.. as it looks sooo much better in the flesh... pics to follow soon, :smilewinkgrin: makes the ride a little harder but its hardly noticable

stoney
18th October 2011, 07:32 PM
im just back from Peter Vardy getting my new wheels on the car, i think it looks stunning.. my photoshop didnt so it any justice.. as it looks sooo much better in the flesh... pics to follow soon, :smilewinkgrin: makes the ride a little harder but its hardly noticable

Good stuff look forward to seeing them ;)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Craig
18th October 2011, 07:37 PM
Come on Stephen -PICS !!!!!! ;)

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 07:42 PM
i could put up a dodgy one i took while still at dealership when car id still dirty.. im ashamed of the dirt.. you could see that one oor i could take one tomorrow.....

cooperchris
18th October 2011, 07:44 PM
Dont be ashamed of a dirty car,They can always be cleaned. The dirt just means you like using it :yes nod:

Put the picture up, Before and after pics :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
18th October 2011, 08:00 PM
Hang on this is a family friendly site. No posting up of "dirty pics".:hand:

Oh, wait.... That's not what you meant. :idunno:

I'll get my coat.:blush:

A.:D

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 08:04 PM
ashamed of the dirt.. not a good pic..this was just after they had been fitted

will get more up when i give the car a good clean

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 08:05 PM
wierd.. not sure why there is two pics.. when i only uploaded one

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 08:06 PM
lol Andy... its a filthy pic.. i appologise.. hangs head with shame

AndyP & Lenore
18th October 2011, 08:08 PM
wierd.. not sure why there is two pics.. when i only uploaded oneNot sure either. I tried to edit the post to take one of them out and they are both still there. Weird.:idunno:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
18th October 2011, 08:09 PM
lol Andy... its a filthy pic.. i appologise.. hangs head with shame

Ahhh! My eyes, my eyes! Those arches! Arrgghhh! :lol:

Spankin' wheels though mate. Lookin very nice. :D

Good decision all round. :thumbs up:

A:D

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 08:13 PM
cheers... im very happy.. loving it :Whistle:

Craig
18th October 2011, 08:15 PM
Wheels look great :thumbs up:

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 08:19 PM
:smilewinkgrin: ill definately put the originalls back on when the snow comes in.. couldnt bare the thought of curbing them if i slide in the snow

RobSco
18th October 2011, 08:25 PM
Looking Good and Very... :cool: ... Excellent choice of wheels Stephen... :thumbs up: ... Once You've given it a good clean, :lol: ... ( I've seen worse ) ... you'll then have to take some more :camera:

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks Rob.. hopefully there will be a few nice sunny days this week.. and ill get it back to its usual shiny self

MINIme:)
18th October 2011, 09:55 PM
It didn't look dirty till you scrubbed the number plate in bright yellow. Then....oh dear, FILTHY:frown:

I don't know how I'll keep mine clean at all now that I don't want to take a brand new wee car through a car wash... :sad: (especially with auto start stop - will have to think that through....?!) maybe I'll go and visit the very lovely Craig every now and then with a wee packet of biscuits :smilewinkgrin:

Well done on going for what your gut told you - John told me he did you a rather good deal...

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 10:05 PM
Haha.. my subtle number plate disguise didnt work then lol.. thanks for your comments re the wheels Joanna.. i cant stop looking at my car, my neighbour stuck her head out her window when i got back earlier and said good lad, it looks more like a boys car now lol, shes funny... I was very pleased with services from Peter Vardy, Stephen claps hands and smiles lol.. I will definately be going back for other bits and bobs along the way.. nice crowd to do business with :thumbs up:

RobSco
18th October 2011, 10:08 PM
I don't know how I'll keep mine clean at all now that I don't want to take a brand new wee car through a car wash... :sad: (especially with auto start stop - will have to think that through....?!) maybe I'll go and visit the very lovely Craig every now and then with a wee packet of biscuits :smilewinkgrin:

Joanna - Don't you ever use those Bad Words again or even think about it - Car Wash ... :frown: ... :lol:

18th October 2011, 10:09 PM
not much choice robert I live in a third floor flat. And opposite a 'soft cloth' carwash...

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 10:12 PM
I dont like automatic car washes or anyone else washing my car for that matter other than me (unless they really know what they are doing) as ive heard horrific stories of paint scratching etc.. my car did look very strange when i was driving home from Edinburgh with bright shiny wheels and tyres and a totally disguistingly filthy car lol.. ah well.

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Joanna.. even if you went to a wee place that they guys did it for you.. rather than put it through a machine wash.. I had the unfortunate circumstance of the automatic car wash deciding to attach itself to the front bumper of my clio I had years ago and decide to take most of the said bumper with it as it continued to wash my car... i swore never again to use one.. was a scary moment..

Craig
18th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Hmmm - what are these car washes you speak of..... :idunno:

:thumbs up:

18th October 2011, 10:24 PM
Hmmm - what are these car washes you speak of..... :idunno:

:thumbs up:

I think they are nice people called Craig:thumbs up: (What are your favourite biscuits?!!:smilewinkgrin:)

SuperCooperS
18th October 2011, 10:24 PM
are there no attended ones near you.. there must be somwhere Craig? there are loads dotted around the place

Craig
18th October 2011, 11:05 PM
I think they are nice people called Craig:thumbs up: (What are your favourite biscuits?!!:smilewinkgrin:)

Choc Digestives :yes nod:

Craig
18th October 2011, 11:07 PM
are there no attended ones near you.. there must be somwhere Craig? there are loads dotted around the place

Aye mine is attended by me...;) I normally wash about 6 cars on a sat or sun mostly family and neighbours... My drive has been nicknamed the street car wash! :lol:

18th October 2011, 11:12 PM
Choc Digestives :yes nod:

I'll remember that :thumbs up:

sorry for :off topic:

SuperCooperS
19th October 2011, 05:17 PM

managed a quick wash in between rain showers :thumbs up: