PDA

View Full Version : Comments welcome

SuperCooperS
6th October 2011, 04:01 PM
Hi folks..

I did a quick photoshop for the wheels I want.. I think it looks pretty good against the colour of my car.. what do you think?

Craig
6th October 2011, 04:06 PM
Sedgie had them on her R53 which was the same colour and they looked great. :yes nod: its a :thumbs up: from me ;)

stoney
6th October 2011, 04:16 PM
yep like them but they are bad for crording and trying to get the refurbed is a nightmare

SuperCooperS
6th October 2011, 04:24 PM
I had them on my red mini and they didnt seem to corrode at all with me and actually curbed one of them and it was a perfect restoration job I got done while still living in Northern Ireland...

Gismo
6th October 2011, 04:57 PM
:thumbs up:

SuperCooperS
6th October 2011, 05:05 PM
I have a delema though.. because when I see the all black verions I like them too... hmmm decisions..

and was just wondering if anyone has suffered from bad corrosion.. I must have been lucky with ones I had previously since I didnt seem to get any problems with mine

Mini Ecosse
6th October 2011, 06:02 PM
:thumbs up:

N16SHP
6th October 2011, 07:40 PM
I think they look good, but I can see your dilemma and I'd tend to lean towards the black version. Purely because I think that dark silver really suits black alloys as it's not as intense as the all black look, but gives it some contrast if that makes sense! Either way, its a :thumbs up:

SuperCooperS
6th October 2011, 08:06 PM
Yea I guess your right.. i have alot of crome bits on the car too.. so the wheels might be a bit overkill as they are sparkely too.. ive seen white and red cars with black wheels but never actually noticed the darker grey with black.. if anyone had any pics that might help me decide.. ive always fancied black wheels but could never bring myself to get them and always played safe with grey or polished finish

SuperCooperS
7th October 2011, 05:38 PM
yes i know.. i copied them off a previous car i had which was sitting in the sun and gave them that green tint.. they arent actually that colour

The Dogfather
7th October 2011, 05:57 PM
Dark sliver doesn’t suit a black wheel IMO, why not go for a set of R112s?

Alex on NM has those wheels and I think they really suit the car

http://forums.northernmini.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=5667&d=1299531441

SuperCooperS
7th October 2011, 07:20 PM
says the man driving a hair dresser car lol.. only messing.. there isnt anything in that link you attached by the way.. i like the black with grey look.. not a huge fan of the R112s.. cant put my finger on it but just not that fussed on them

The Dogfather
7th October 2011, 07:37 PM
says the man driving a hair dresser car lol.. only messing.. there isnt anything in that link you attached by the way.. i like the black with grey look.. not a huge fan of the R112s.. cant put my finger on it but just not that fussed on them

Why did you have to insult my car? No need whatsoever even ‘messing'.

As for the black and grey look, it’ll look crap but at least you’ll fit in with the riced up Corsa lot in Aberdeen.

There’s only a few colours that black wheels look good on - bright colours with black contrast roof, all black or the connaught green.

SuperCooperS
7th October 2011, 07:52 PM
I guess it comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.. and there are soo many options.. hard to choose.

SuperCooperS
8th October 2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Ali yes I think they are the only MINI style manufactured diamond cut wheels and think they suited the red car I had previously but I would just worry that they would cause me problems, as several people I know in Scotland and in countries that tend to get quite bad winters have commented on them corroding.. those challenge wheels do look good, but I like the style of the mini products and think the black version of the diamond cut ones would look pretty good.. and would be a change for me as ive always just gone for crome or silver wheels..i just need to bite the bullet and go for it...

Stephen

AndyP & Lenore
8th October 2011, 05:39 PM
At the request of a user, the previous posts relating to the merits of MX5's vs MINI's has been moved to a new thread here: http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22711-MX5-MINI-Handling-Thread

A.

Sportspack Mark
8th October 2011, 10:31 PM
Personally for me, i wouldn't go diamond cut, the all black ones would be the more practical option :)

SuperCooperS
8th October 2011, 10:48 PM
Yes i think im going to take the bull by the horns and go for the black version... i like the look and think it would suit the dark grey I have.. and is a bit different i guess.

Sportspack Mark
8th October 2011, 10:51 PM
i do like clubman pace spokes on hatches too......

SuperCooperS
8th October 2011, 11:14 PM
yes.. lots of different combinations and they generally look good in some shape or form