PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness when editing posts...

Burple
4th October 2011, 04:49 PM
Whether it's replying to posts or starting new ones, I'm suddenly unable to click on and add emoticons, and no matter who many I hit, all my text appear to run on in the same line.. has there been some kind of weird update? For example, I put 4 blank lines between this and the previous line as I was typing.. Is there a setting I've accidentally changed... or is Firefox 'Avin a Larf'? Anybody any ideas or similar issues? Incidentally.. I'm on Firefox 6.0.2 if it makes any difference..

Gismo
4th October 2011, 05:13 PM
I'm using firefox 7 with no issues, not sure if it's your browser

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2011, 05:36 PM
This is a post using the horrid Firefox 3.6.

It seems to be working, but lets see what appears on screen after I've clicked Submit Reply.

Note: 3 line spaces between each paragraph.

Oh, and smilies.... :confused::p;):cool::hand::ragin::moonie::moonie:: moonie::moonie:

Stewart
4th October 2011, 06:45 PM
I'm in the same boat, can get it some times but not others...I'm on IE all the same.

Gismo
4th October 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm in the same boat, can get it some times but not others...I'm on IE all the same.What version of IE?
IE 6 is not really supported with vBulletin

Burple
5th October 2011, 09:52 AM
This is a post using the horrid Firefox 3.6. It seems to be working, but lets see what appears on screen after I've clicked Submit Reply. Note: 3 line spaces between each paragraph. Oh, and smilies.... :confused::p;):cool::hand::ragin::moonie::moonie:: moonie::moonie: Sassin'Frassin'Rassin..... Still broked. On version 7 now too.

Burple
13th October 2011, 11:52 AM
I've noticed that down at the bottom of threads under 'Posting Permissions' that on my Pc it says that HTML Code is off.. is this right? should it be on? how do I change it if it's wrong? I can't seem to see the setting to do that... THe part I mean is wehere it says: (Probably garbled since it's not posting right just now..) BB code is On Smilies are On [IMG] code is On HTML code is Off

Gismo
13th October 2011, 02:02 PM
I've noticed that down at the bottom of threads under 'Posting Permissions' that on my Pc it says that HTML Code is off.. is this right? should it be on? how do I change it if it's wrong? I can't seem to see the setting to do that... THe part I mean is wehere it says: (Probably garbled since it's not posting right just now..) BB code is On Smilies are On [IMG] code is On HTML code is OffEwan, HTML is turned off in the admin panel and for a very good reason, imagine all those hackers out there wanting to run HTML scripts :frown:

Burple
13th October 2011, 02:32 PM
Ewan, HTML is turned off in the admin panel and for a very good reason, imagine all those hackers out there wanting to run HTML scripts :frown: fair enough.. didn't realise that was a global thing.. ;) still trying to figure out wtf is wrong here.. I'try running the older version of FF on my VM instead to see if it's that :)

Burple
13th October 2011, 02:45 PM
Ok try with the older version of FF 3.6.something-or-other

:shut up::shut up: Bugger. that works.

Ok.. so FF 7.0.1 isn't working for some reason. arse-biscuits.

Burple
17th October 2011, 04:17 PM
This is bizarre...

It's fixed itself! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Maybe there was an update to FF or something I missed... not complaining! :D

Gismo
17th October 2011, 04:18 PM
This is bizarre...

It's fixed itself! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Maybe there was an update to FF or something I missed... not complaining! :DWas gonna suggest you tried logging on from another PC, but, all seems well again :clap:
There was a FF update last week