PDA

View Full Version : Changing Cars

weefossy
27th September 2011, 06:29 PM
Spent all weekend cleaning cars and came to conclusion that having 4 cars is daft. Combine that with the fact that Mom would like to go back to a "Van".....there needs to be changes. Should never have sold the original S.

So the covertible and the Ford Ka have to go. I really don't want to sell the Ka, it's only done 38000 mile since we bought it new in 2003 and it has been the best value car we have run. It owes us nothing, so will be happy if we get about £900 for it. A great car for someone learning to drive or commuting to work. It is magic in the snow, better than a 4 x 4.

We have been offered a really good deal to part exchange the convertible for a van, but happy to sell it to anyone on NMS for the same value....£7,200. For full details see the "For Sale" section.

At what age will I get fed up with cars and stop spending loads o' money....doh

Stewart
27th September 2011, 06:46 PM
No don’t stop enjoying your cars, I love the fact your on runs like the HT with us all enjoying your WC50.

Your like your whisky you and your better half, getting smoother year by year! :thumbs up:

Good luck with the sale, and hunting for a new Van.

Craig
27th September 2011, 07:24 PM
Malcolm, my big sis is on the case re what we discussed ;)

weefossy
28th September 2011, 06:21 PM
Euan, will give the Bluefin "Plug in and go" to Rob this weekend, so that he can bring it back to you. We never got round to using it. Thanks again for giving us the chance to use it, but I don't want any money back!!

stoney
28th September 2011, 06:36 PM
no prob :thumbs up: and your never to old to enjoy your cars :) ;)

ELFMAN
28th September 2011, 07:23 PM
OK Malcolm, but that means I owe you and Siobhan some nice nosh (or maybe a decent bottle of vino?) for the meal on Skye you 'swapped' me for the Bluefin! :smilewinkgrin: I'll get it from Rob whenever it suits him :thumbs up:

Re. cars/age: Remember - You're never too old to rock and roll if you're too young to die! :hand:

Crombers
29th September 2011, 12:41 AM
You canny get rid of the Ka, it's yer winter saviour, I'd be lost without my 03 Punto :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
29th September 2011, 01:27 AM
You canny get rid of the Ka, it's yer winter saviour, I'd be lost without my 03 Punto :thumbs up:

<shakes head>

zimbo
29th September 2011, 09:21 AM
So mums been missing her "Van" has she? :Whistle: So any clues as to what colour your going for this time round or is it going to be the exact same as last time but only this time will have the aero kit which you really wanted last time dad? :yes nod: (I'm still wanting aero side-skirts for mine :sad:)

stoney
29th September 2011, 10:00 AM
It will be a jcw I bet :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

weefossy
29th September 2011, 10:16 AM
It's funny nobody has mentioned a Coupe........remember Mom was the first to have a Convertible and a Van :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2011, 10:59 AM
It's funny nobody has mentioned a Coupe........remember Mom was the first to have a Convertible and a Van :smilewinkgrin:

I didn't think you'd let her buy a MINI that has a baseball cap on the wrong way around. :lol:

A.

zimbo
29th September 2011, 11:19 AM
...Mom would like to go back to a "Van".....there needs to be changes. Should never have sold the original S.

It's funny nobody has mentioned a Coupe........ :smilewinkgrin:

:laugh:mom would NEVER be able to feed the masses out of a Coupe' I dont have a hat dad, but I would eat it (or some at least) if I did if mom got a coupe :p

Craig
29th September 2011, 11:22 AM
:laugh:mom would NEVER be able to feed the masses out of a Coupe' I dont have a hat dad, but I would eat it (or some at least) if I did if mom got a coupe :p

Feeling peckish Ali ?? :laugh:

stoney
29th September 2011, 01:17 PM

Or the countryman :) I just said it was a jcw ;)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

ianking
29th September 2011, 01:18 PM
Coupe has the biggest boot in all the mini range does it not? If so its the very thing for mum to feed us all from.

Whatever it is are you booking it in for a weekend at a double garage near Penicuik?

weefossy
29th September 2011, 01:26 PM
What ever made you all think that Dad makes the decisions in this house. :D

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2011, 01:45 PM
Coupe has the biggest boot in all the mini range does it not? If so its the very thing for mum to feed us all from.

Whatever it is are you booking it in for a weekend at a double garage near Penicuik?

It does. Just had a sneak peek at a dealer darn sarf. :D

A.