PDA

View Full Version : Side Window Adjustment

RobSco
24th September 2011, 08:57 PM
Hi

I'm looking for some help regarding the adjustment of my side windows and hope some of you can help in some way... :idea:

The problem is my drivers window isn't closing completely when I shut the door, the window is out by about quarter of an inch, it sits just below the roof moulding and when you check out both windows when they are open, drivers window goes down more than the other one by what I need for it to close perfectly...

Car is under warranty but the motor is working perfectly, is there a way that I can adjust the window so that it can get the window pulled up the fraction that I need, I believe there is two adjustment screws under the door for this,??? is this what these are for or do I need to remove all interior trim to fix this problem, I hope not... :frown:

Interested to see if you have experienced this problem and how I can resolve this as it use to close completely...

Thanks for you Help...

Cheers... :thumbs up:

Jim Burns
25th September 2011, 10:36 PM
According to the Haynes 'New mini performance manual:
The window system can be reprogrammed by placing the key in the door and holding in the lock position for 20 seconds
Hope this helps

Gismo
26th September 2011, 12:10 AM
Does your window drop about 1/4 inch when you open the door?
If it's under warranty i'd get them to check it

RobSco
26th September 2011, 12:13 AM
According to the Haynes 'New mini performance manual:
The window system can be reprogrammed by placing the key in the door and holding in the lock position for 20 seconds
Hope this helps

Thanks for that Jim, I'll give that a try and hopefully it will cure the problem, will let you know if it does... :thumbs up:

RobSco
26th September 2011, 12:21 AM
Does your window drop about 1/4 inch when you open the door?
If it's under warranty i'd get them to check it

I'm sure the window does drop when I open the door but not by as much as it use to I think, I've just noticed this in the past couple of days as top of window is sitting just under the roof moulding, something I would have noticed before when washing car...