PDA

View Full Version : rear lights i need to know

weefozzy Jr
1st August 2004, 09:26 AM
hey can anyone or even the owner tell me where bonnie scotland got his blacked out rear clusters.

cheers people the maddness starts here

macblob
1st August 2004, 04:33 PM
Its a tinted vinyl stuck on over the standard OE rear lamps as far as i know.

Im sure BS will be along to tell you more

Fontal
1st August 2004, 04:42 PM
It is a film fitted over the OE light units, I have the same.
Bonnie did send me a web address but I cant find it anywere8) they come from the states and were about $30 if I mind right.
Take the rear lights out and they are easy to fit with soapy water and time.

Gismo
1st August 2004, 04:49 PM
Neil, go to R Speed (http://www.rspeed.net/) just send them an e-mail as i'm sure they removed the film from their site ;)

dj_tigger1982
1st August 2004, 07:21 PM
You could jst pop to Halfords and buy a can of Tail light tint spray.

It come in black red and green and u jst spray it on the clusters when removed from the car. Remember that by law your car has to have reflectors on the rear, in most modern cars these are included in the tail lights so buy placing film or spray over the top u restrict the reflectiveness and can fail the MOt or get pulled by the fuzz.

Another cheep option is to pay a visit to tesco and but the darkest pair of black tights they sell and strech each leg over the clusters and double them up.. wolla you have black rear clusters with out damaging the original ones...

Hope This Helps

Gismo
1st August 2004, 07:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by dj_tigger1982

Remember that by law your car has to have reflectors on the rear, in most modern cars these are included in the tail lights so buy placing film or spray over the top u restrict the reflectiveness and can fail the MOt or get pulled by the fuzz.
Good point, however, the film does allow the tail lights reflectors to be seen also, the brake and side lights shine through very well :)

X30YES
2nd August 2004, 05:19 AM
New S rear lts have the reverse lts in there now one each side ...how does that go with changing the complete unit .....any ideas ????

Duncan Stewart
2nd August 2004, 04:50 PM
There are now two different types of replacement rear light available as the fog light has been moved to the middle, and the reverse light moved to the tail lights on the current facelift. Make sure you buy the correct type.

X30YES
2nd August 2004, 05:10 PM
Cheers ..I was just wondering if they were on the market yet !
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

There are now two different types of replacement rear light available as the fog light has been moved to the middle, and the reverse light moved to the tail lights on the current facelift. Make sure you buy the correct type.

weefozzy Jr
3rd August 2004, 05:22 AM
hey people thanks for the reply's. i will get straight on to it, sorry to copy people but i think it looks smart and will go with the red and black theme. i did the tights thing on my corsa what a laugh, people kept ripping them(stupid ned's)and they let a little water in. i'll let u know how i got on.