PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, Not Again......

rpn
17th September 2011, 07:43 PM
My wee car got hit from behind this afternoon :frown: Heavy traffic at the time so we were going fairly slow, kind of stop go stop go scenario. Anyway come to a complete stop and a few seconds later, BANG..... I remain sat in the car as I was totally pi55 off and :ragin:as this is the forth yes FOUR time we (me and Mrs rpn) got hit from behind in the past 10 MONTHS! :eek: Her 20 months old X3 had the bumper replaced twice already :ragin:

Anyway the accident happened near the football ground and there were a few http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/Smilies/bobby.gif kicking about at the time and one of them witnessed the whole thing and he just took over the incident and save me the hassle of exchanging details etc.

Anyway some fotaes

My wee car

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/MCSRearBumper01.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/MCSRearBumper02.jpg

and her's

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/MicraFront.jpg

A TOTALLY P-OFF rpn :ragin:

GCA3N
17th September 2011, 07:57 PM
Bloody hell mate, seriously you have had some bad luck.

RobSco
17th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Sorry to see you've had a bump and can see why you feel totally :ragin: Hope you get it resolved and sorted out quickly, She must have hit you with some force to do that amount of damage to your car and hers, At least you have a witness who seen all, but going with your past this is certainly something you could have well done without... Hope your Luck changes...

Hope you get all sorted and without any hassle... :thumbs up:

MINIme:)
17th September 2011, 08:23 PM
:sad: poor mini

and poor RPN, how bl*&dy annoying :ragin:

rpn
17th September 2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys, my Mini has to be recovered and taken away as the rear bumper mountings has been pushed right in and is grinding the near side rear wheel.

What a sorry sight... :sad:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/MiniFlat-Bed.jpg

Craig
17th September 2011, 08:28 PM
Crap luck Stan :argh: :frown:

Hope It gets back to good shape soon ;)

Fester
17th September 2011, 08:39 PM
Jeez talk about unlucky!!!! Goes to show how solid the MINI is compared to a Nissan!! Hope its sorted soon and as good as new.

Gismo
17th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Gutted for you Stan

rpn
17th September 2011, 10:12 PM
The Mini is currently at the recovery garage in Westhill and will be transported to JC on Monday. I will also pick up a courtesy car on Monday too

N16SHP
18th September 2011, 11:04 AM
Not cool! Just as well the old bill were around to save any hassle. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly mate.

lorraine
18th September 2011, 12:36 PM
hope your both ok its always a fright when it happens.i was in agony the next day with my neck worse was seat belt burn.
the worse bit for me was telling jim someone had crashed into his car by luck he just laughed and said it was only metal must have caught him on a good day

EcosseGP
18th September 2011, 03:48 PM
You must have Lorraine .. Had it been a Jag he may not have been so understanding ..

Stewart
18th September 2011, 05:42 PM
Sorry to see that hope you get your car back soon.

AndyP & Lenore
18th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Sorry to see that Stan, you just don't seem to have any luck.:frown:

Like others have said, it's surprising to see how little damage there is to the mini (just from looking at the pics), as opposed the way the Micra is fairly smashed up.

A.

lorraine
18th September 2011, 10:39 PM
You must have Lorraine .. Had it been a Jag he may not have been so understanding ..

your right it was the clio

rpn
20th September 2011, 01:40 PM
Got a 2011 PW Cooper S as courtesy car while my Camden is being repair.

:motoring:

Craig
20th September 2011, 02:25 PM
Got a 2011 PW Cooper S as courtesy car while my Camden is being repair.

:motoring:

That at least helps to soften the blow.... I used to get micras When my car was in for repair :thud:

Penny Louise
20th September 2011, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear that! Happened to me once before and its a nightmare... especially when there's nothing you could have done to avoid it. Hope you get it back soon with no hassle!

ELFMAN
20th September 2011, 03:18 PM
How Naff! :argh:
Only 'good' thing is that nobody was hurt, and at least the Micra's looks were improved... 4th time though? Maybe you shpuld paint 'Motorway Vehicle' stripes on the back. Joking aside, it's a total pain in the @rse (or the bumper), not to mention putting your blood pressure through the roof. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

I'm always wary of people not paying attention behind me - especially when you compare the braking power of 4-Pot Brembos to your run of the mill shopping trolley stoppers. :frown:

rpn
20th September 2011, 04:26 PM
Just got a call from my insurance saying that the other driver hasn't reported in the accident yet! However, they confirmed that the car is fully insured. That's very cheeky of her NOT telling the insurance after three days!

I'm not worry at all as the police was there and he told me that he'll sent in the incident report to both our insurers.

stoney
20th September 2011, 04:32 PM
That's a bit bad I'm shure all will get sorted

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

ELFMAN
20th September 2011, 04:55 PM
She could be in soapy bubble with her insurer if she doesn't get a move on reporting it - especially when the Police were witnesses... She'd better tell them herself before they get a report from the Boys in Blue. Her policy renewal should be interesting - Kerr£££££Chiiiiiiiiing!!!!

rpn
24th September 2011, 11:27 PM
Got a call from the insurer, more or less exactly one week on the hour since the accidental, that they have given approval for the repair. :thumbs up: