PDA

View Full Version : when should i be due a service?

mark1984
17th September 2011, 08:19 AM
i havd just turned 34k on my mini cooper d and i thought it was due a service at 34k. can any one tell me when i should be due one? does the car tell me when i need one?
i have txl serviceing.

GCA3N
17th September 2011, 09:41 AM
When you turn the ignition on it tells you when the service is due.

sent from my galaxy S ll

mark1984
17th September 2011, 02:17 PM
ah ok. so when i turn mine on it has a pic of a car and below says 2200 does that mean i have 2200 to have a service done or does it mean that i have to get it after 2200?

Stewart
17th September 2011, 02:36 PM
It’s a count down, If you have just got the car I guess its been serviced. . If you go into the options it tells you what the different service items are due.

Mini’s actually have a system that varies per car with driving conditions and styles from what ive been told.
MINI's service interval computer recommends relatively "long" intervals between oil changes of approximately 10,000 to 12,000 miles (or 2 years), whichever comes first. The exact mileage interval will vary depending on driving habits
The main factor determining 'conditioned based' service intervals is the degree of degradation in the engine oil. This is monitored by the ECM. This also monitors the diesel particulate filter. Likewise wear and tear of critical components such as brake pads is monitored by the DSC module.

Mini Coopers have 3 types of service: Oil Change, Inspection 1, and Inspection 2. Your Service interval display located in the center of the speedometer will notify you of which service type you need. Each time the vehicle is started the display will show the mileage until the next service is needed.
If the display is flashing and the mileage is displayed as a negative you have gone past the time of service and are overdue. The services come in this order, Oil change, Service 1, Oil Change, Service 2. repeat. Service 1 is also known as a Minor service and service 2 is also known as a Major service.
Oil Change
This service changes the oil and oil filter. It also includes: inspecting Brakes, Parking Brake, Fluid levels, Tire Condition and Air Pressure. At Greasy’s Garage we also perform a complete under-car inspection along with hoses, belt and lights check, and reset the oil change indicator.
Inspection 1 (Minor service)
Includes services in Oil Change (above) plus: change Interior Ventilation Filter, change Transmission fluid if CVT, add Windshield Washer fluid, check Wipers and Washers, lubricate doors and locks, check Battery condition, Suspension, CV boots, Exhaust System, Manual Transmission fluid level, pressure check Cooling System, and reset Service Indicator and road test for overall performance.
Inspection 2 (Major service)
Includes services from Oil Change and Inspection 1 plus: change Air Filter, Engine Coolant, flush Brake fluid, and mileage. Model dependent add on’s include: Spark Plugs (100K), Belt change (100k cooper 60K S) and Oxygen Sensor (100K).