PDA

View Full Version : Thieving gits

Sheilz
1st August 2004, 04:50 AM
A couple of weeks ago somone mentioned dust caps that appear to be untamperable with. discovered tonight mine have gone! Would like to get these for the new car. Could the chap who mentioned it let me know where I can get them from. Cheers!
:D:D

eddie 44
1st August 2004, 06:48 AM
i had so called ned proof dustys... tiny grub screw held them on....
NOT if you attack um with pliers , wrecked the threads on valves !
i hated the thought of a little ned a lone with my wee car.......
i stick to black plastic now.... dustys that is,

MartinSullivan
1st August 2004, 07:03 AM
Hi Sheilz, like Eddie I had some "theft" proof caps - but they got nicked :evil:

www.speeding.co.uk do a few nice ones or you can get them from ebay.

I have even had black plastic ones nicked

X30YES
1st August 2004, 08:03 PM
most auto shops sell tamper proof Valve caps and in all sorts of colours , Cooper Valve Caps from www.speeding.co.uk @ £9.99 free delivery and here from £5 upwards http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/acatalog/richbrookmini.html

Big Col
1st August 2004, 09:28 PM
Be ccareful what material the lockable caps are Shielz. I got aluminium ones that bonded to my ruddy valve stems. They were unstealable though. :)

X30YES
1st August 2004, 09:57 PM
Wee lick of grease helps ,try Petroleum Jelly... Commonly called Vaseline should do ;)
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Be ccareful what material the lockable caps are Shielz. I got aluminium ones that bonded to my ruddy valve stems. They were unstealable though. :)

Sheilz
2nd August 2004, 12:23 AM
Got cheapos from Halfords just now but will get decent ones for H2. Am away to scour the streets, lanes and parks in Aberdeen and I'm going to beat up the first kid I can find with mini caps!! Could make this a mini treasure hunt!
:D:D:D

Wul
2nd August 2004, 07:21 AM
Where my folks live the kids there are currently going through a craze where they nick the caps and show off who has the most and fanciest ones - wee turds!

Julz
2nd August 2004, 08:11 PM
My advice would be, if your wheels are less than 18", next time you get new tyres, ask to have flush valve caps fitted, looks much better and pointless for the kiddies to steal!!:evil::D

Fontal
2nd August 2004, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

My advice would be, if your wheels are less than 18", next time you get new tyres, ask to have flush valve caps fitted, looks much better and pointless for the kiddies to steal!!:evil::D

Here here I got them fitted and they look awsome.