PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 (+18s only)

zimbo
8th September 2011, 09:38 AM
** Over 18s ONLY**

This looks frigging awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FktL2pu2wE

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2011, 10:21 AM
That does look good.:yes nod: Destructible environments.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.:D

stoney
8th September 2011, 10:22 AM
i had a shot of battlefield 2 a few month back a much better game than COD but you can only get 4 in a team and as well norm play with a bout 6 or more then it was not the best one to get

stoney
8th September 2011, 10:23 AM
the best thing about it is you can jump in to any thing thats lying around choppers quads ect ect

Gismo
8th September 2011, 01:50 PM
That does look good :thumbs up:

Stewart
8th September 2011, 09:34 PM
Every so often a game makes me upgrade to a new system that’s nearly top end and BF3 is that game. Last time I bought a new system was in 2005 when BF2 came out.

BF2 with Project reality Mod is probably as near on scary close to the real thing none of this Rambo bull. You play like a normal shooter your dead simple as. You camp you owned and worse still loose the respect of your team. They take no prisoners on it I’ll tell you. But once you get past the getting owned all the time as bullets do actually take you down unlike BF2 vanilla when you could shoot a whole clip into a player only for him to turn and kill you.

Looks very promising, I’ve been following it for what seems like years.

Big discussion really over this game is it is not a port from the Console. They have built it from the ground up for the PC to show the game and what they can do.
Multiplayer as far as I can remember is only 24 players for the Console to that of 64 for the PC.

stoney
8th October 2011, 06:37 PM
i have pre orded this out 25th oct :)

bullet
8th October 2011, 11:14 PM
theres been quite a few moans about the beta release of this game,apparently its full of bugs and has screen tearing etc.also gamers are worried that the console versions of the game dont look anywhere as good as the pc version,hopefully come release they will have ironed out the problems with it,they will have to if its going to take on mw3 on the sales chart

stoney
9th October 2011, 06:18 AM
true but it has got to be better than the last COD :lol:

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 08:47 AM
flip.. i opened that youtube link to see the game,, either i havent played games in a long time or ive forgotten how good gaming is.. the graphics really arent too far off real life graphics these days... the game looks ace

bullet
9th October 2011, 06:42 PM
thats graphics from the pc version of the game,console owners expcted there versions to be as good and they were nothing like it,to be fair betas are a games test prior to release so will have bugs and unpolished graphics so it may be a top fps after all.

stoney
9th October 2011, 06:59 PM
been playing the download the day and it is very good only 1 map and type of game but still good

bullet
9th October 2011, 07:14 PM
cool m8,what do you think of black ops? i didnt understand what the hell was going on in the story mode half the time,lol zombies part of the game was top notch though

stoney
9th October 2011, 07:34 PM
Have not realy played zombie

mainly play online with the guy from here just team death match most of the time

I like the game it's a bit un realistic in ways that's where battlefield differs in the main

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

bullet
9th October 2011, 07:42 PM
playe bf2 alot,could be infuriating getting picked off by snipers but roaring up an down the road in a tank blasting campers out of there hidey holes was fun.

Stewart
9th October 2011, 09:47 PM
You can't beat jumping into a tank and going in to support your team mates.:thumbs up:

Used to love going sniper in Bf1942 and getting into an enemy base and picking them off and it was a lot better than BF2 with is UAV giving the game away…Dam that UAV……:ragin:but BF2 was class used to play Wake all the time.

I know you have consoles, but have you seen the Caspian Border Cips on U-Tube there is one guy that did two 24 minute rounds and it just looked absolutely stunning even for a beta.

So Rob Metro Beta was good?

stoney
9th October 2011, 09:55 PM
yep not bad look forward to seeing the full game when its out just seems to be a bit more realistic than COD but looking forward to the new COD

Gismo
9th October 2011, 09:58 PM
Am gonna trade in all my crap games and get this when it's released.
I had heard that camping was frowned upon in this game

stoney
9th October 2011, 10:01 PM

yep it is it really different to COD but controls are neer the same :) i have pe orderd it so i get the extra map packs with the game so i dont have to add them later

Stewart
9th October 2011, 10:41 PM

Not played COD so I don’t really know how it plays and if it’s everyone for themselves but BF has always been about team work for me – Well it is when you get a great server.

You can still be the deadliest Bush in it protecting a flag, but I expect the game will keep you moving.

AndyP & Lenore
9th October 2011, 10:53 PM
I don't really see the point in me buying this when COD MW3 is out so soon after - like 2 weeks. I can't justify spending 30 or 40 quid on a game I'd play 4 times.

So, TBH, as good as this looks, I think I'll pass on it and wait for MW3. If MW3 turns out to be a disaster and you're all playing BF3 I'll buy it anyway.

A.

stoney
9th October 2011, 11:08 PM
True but it looks dog dangly bits and the game moves on you are not just stuck in on bit of a map :)

Gismo
10th October 2011, 10:40 AM
Someone kindly pre ordered MW3 for me, so, i reckon trading in the games i don't play and trying BF3 is an ok option for me.
I'd expect that i would stick with MW3 if they finally sort out the server issues for online play

zimbo
10th October 2011, 12:41 PM
Someone kindly pre ordered MW3 for me, so, i reckon trading in the games i don't play and trying BF3 is an ok option for me.
I'd expect that i would stick with MW3 if they finally sort out the server issues for online play

:laugh: who you kidding... :lol: (thats a good joke Alan, I'll give you that :yes nod: )

zimbo
20th October 2011, 12:16 PM
I'm not going to be able to afford to get both this and MW3, so I will be getting this when it comes out and depending how this game turns out I will decide whether or not to even get MW3. The maps on this game are meant to be MASSIVE apparently, I cant wait :thumbs up:

stoney
20th October 2011, 12:26 PM
I will have both :) the only thing that draws me 2 mw3 is its the good ones making it this time :)

stoney
20th October 2011, 02:16 PM
Yep defo looking forward to playing it properly :)

Stewart
20th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to what you guys think, as I’ve said the plan to get this when I get a new PC. Watched the U-tube clips on the LCD tv and it looks fantastic.

http://youtu.be/449qyRPu-h4

zimbo
21st October 2011, 10:28 AM
I CANNOT wait for this :clap:

Destructible enviroments = win in my book :thumbs up:

Stewart
21st October 2011, 04:41 PM
You know what always annoyed me in BF2 was an enemy running into a bunker even two or three and me rolling up in a tank and being able to do so all. You could blast in the door and probably take one out or though the slit and get one when in real life they would all be blown with the shock wave to buggery.

Also a guy taking cover behind a small wall or sand bags and tank rounds not doing anything. Wake island is going to be an all new ball game with wooden shacks if they are still there.

Stewart
21st October 2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah they have moved on I take it from what I was used too, so looking forward when I get a new Rig to play it.

Not played BC2...