PDA

View Full Version : One Scottish Police Force -Good or Bad?

Craig
7th September 2011, 08:35 PM
Well as announced by the First Minister today in parliament there will be 1 force in Scotland. Due to the way my Job has changed over the last few years, it will prob be better for me and my co-workers, but what do you think?

Good or bad idea?:thumbs up:

Stewart
7th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Probably a good thing, centralise things with less waste and more focus. Worked in the HQ at Helen street, Strathclyde were trying to bring everything under one roof. Means the police can use there budgets better and plan ahead better and if needed able to shift focus as a whole. There has to be a lot of duplication the way its set up just now.

stoney
8th September 2011, 08:28 AM
dont relay know TBH not shure quite how it will work but hope it turns out for the best

euan
8th September 2011, 10:59 AM
I don't see why this shouldn't work.

The police provide a service to the public, but one where people make the biggest difference to the perception. So by all means centralise the call centres for all forces etc, just make sure the front line isn't affected and people won't worry.

lorraine
8th September 2011, 11:15 AM
think u have hit it on the head as long as the front line isn't affected it should be ok . as all areas still need a police presence dont know what will happen to specilast areas.where maybe more used in glasgow edinburgh will that mean they are based there ???? dont fancy getting held at gun point in central if the a.r.v's are all in glasgow!!!!!!!

mark1984
11th September 2011, 07:58 AM
i think it depends if they are going to stop wasteing time with speed guns and speed cameras mabe ban them then its a good thing for sure.

Stewart
11th September 2011, 11:40 AM
That reminds me both Saturday's i went through Glen coe at the moors end there was a mobile Camerea. just at the very spot you'd overtake.....

MiniSnaps
12th September 2011, 06:38 AM
Fine in theory, but who then investigates incidents involving police officers? Currently it would be done by officers from a different force, but if there's only one covering the entire country then any investigations would have to be carried out by either a) officers from the same force, or b) officers from England, which has a different legal system....