PDA

View Full Version : US Open Tennis

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2011, 12:31 AM
Anyone else see Andy Murray's 2nd round match against Robin Haase this evening?

Absolutely stunning match. First set was awful tennis with neither player really getting ahead much. Andy did break Haase, but Haase broke back. Andy went 4-1 up in the tie break but ended up losing the set with a multitude of unforced errors and a crappy forehand.

Second set it all went wrong for Andy too. Haase took it 6-2.

Third set Andy came out fighting and found his game big time, taking 3rd set 6-2, and rocking through the 4th set 6-0.

Haase seemed a beaten man with physio treatment at every opportunity. But with Andy leading 4-0 (two breaks up) in the 5th set Haase looked to the gods for inspiration - and found it. Breaking andy back his two games and levelling the set at 4 all.

The next two games were some of the most stunning tennis I've ever seen. Andy broke again to go 5-4 up and when serving for the match it went to deuce about 4 times, with Haase winning a challenge that had originally won Andy the match. A couple of points later and Andy won the match in convincing style. 6-7 2-6 6-2 6-0 6-4

I was sat on my couch watching the match and I'm drained... I've no idea how the players must feel.

Andy plays Lopez on Sunday in the 3rd round.

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2011, 04:03 PM
mx3AhuBeWk4

Andy Murray at his best. Probably need to click the video to open it in you tube to watch full screen, 'cos on that wee screen above you can't see the tennis ball - which is a bit pointless.

A.

Craig
3rd September 2011, 05:21 PM
Starting watching this last night after the gf and gave up when he went 2 sets down. Turned over to it later and it was 2-2 I'n sets and 4-4 I'n games. What a finish !!!

Great game ;)

Gismo
3rd September 2011, 05:47 PM
I'll be tuning into the matches when i get home, hopefully Mr Murray will still be in contention

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2011, 05:48 PM
I'll be tuning into the matches when i get home, hopefully Mr Murray will still be in contention

When you home?

Gismo
3rd September 2011, 06:41 PM
When you home?Wednesday :smilewinkgrin:

Delboy
5th September 2011, 08:41 AM
Yes Andy, I saw that match - what an incredible turnaround. I was sure Murray was a goner!

I see he blasted past Lopez last night too! :clap:

AndyP & Lenore
9th September 2011, 09:35 PM
Another cracking match tonight when Andy stole the first two sets from America's John Isner, only for Isner to come back and take the 3rd set. 4th Set was touch and go for a while but Andy blitzed Isner in the tie-break to take the match.

Next up is either Andy Roddick or Rafael Nadal, who are about to start hammering it out between them. Should be a good match too.

So, that's Andy through to the semi final. Federer and Djokovich play their semi-final match tomorrow - as does Andy.

The final has been pushed back to Monday to give the players a day of rest, which was looking unlikely due to losing two days to rain earlier this week.

euan
9th September 2011, 09:45 PM
What channel is this on Andy?

AndyP & Lenore
9th September 2011, 09:54 PM
What channel is this on Andy?

Sky Sports. They keep moving it each day between 1 to 4.

The quarter, semi and final are also being shown in 3D - if you're lucky enough to have a 3D telly.

A.

Gismo
10th September 2011, 07:19 PM
Excellent first set for Federer, bout time djokovic got a lesson :tennis:

AndyP & Lenore
10th September 2011, 11:07 PM
Excellent first set for Federer, bout time djokovic got a lesson :tennis:

Didn't last though. Djok just seems unstoppable.

Watching the Murray/Nadal match now with a certain amount of trepidation.

A.

Craig
10th September 2011, 11:14 PM
That federer djok game was awesome !!!!!!! :clap: hoping the Murray games is as good ;)

Gismo
11th September 2011, 01:34 AM
Come on Andy, 2 sets to 1 down but playing better

AndyP & Lenore
11th September 2011, 01:50 AM
Come on Andy, 2 sets to 1 down but playing better

You had to go and spoil it by posting something encouraging. Now a break down. :frown::frown::frown:

AndyP & Lenore
11th September 2011, 06:30 PM
Oh well. Maybe next year.

However, Lenore and I just ordered tickets to see Andy play at Braehead Arena on Friday. He's playing in the Davis Cup tie with Hungary. Taking Lenore's mum with us because she's a huge tennis fan and loves to see him play too.:thumbs up:

Delboy
12th September 2011, 04:25 PM
Have fun Andy! I was there in July and it was great to see Murray play, albeit there was no competition - he won 6-0, 6-0!

AndyP & Lenore
12th September 2011, 08:17 PM
Have fun Andy! I was there in July and it was great to see Murray play, albeit there was no competition - he won 6-0, 6-0!

Thats the thing. I like to see him win, but I like to see him tested. Can't have it both ways.:idunno: