PDA

View Full Version : Release of documents relating to Hillsborough - an appeal to sign an e-petition

The Dogfather
17th August 2011, 10:12 PM
Hi guys

A bit of an appeal from me, I'm a Liverpool Fan and I shocked and outraged by the governments decision to appeal against the decision that documents relating to the Hillsborough disaster should be made public. The cover up should end, the families of the 96 who died should know the full story.

There's now an e-petition in place which hopes to reach the required number of signatures so that this matter would be discussed in parliament.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

Please take a few moments to sign it and then check your emails for the validation link.

Thanks

Paul

GCA3N
17th August 2011, 10:15 PM
Done Paul :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
17th August 2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks Greig

Stewart
18th August 2011, 02:17 AM
Done!

Well not got the " emails for the validation link" but will do when it comes.

Gismo
18th August 2011, 04:06 AM
Done, i'm 12,502.

The Dogfather
18th August 2011, 06:23 AM
Wow, it was at 1852 when I signed last night.

Thanks for signing it guys.

Gismo
18th August 2011, 06:29 AM
This is obviously close to your heart Paul, I obviously don't have all the facts and i guess this petition will help.
Am i wrong in thinking that a public enquiry has already taken place?
I thought that this had already been fully documented and blame proportioned accordingly, so, i'm asking what truth is not known?

The Dogfather
18th August 2011, 06:45 AM
This is obviously close to your heart Paul, I obviously don't have all the facts and i guess this petition will help.
Am i wrong in thinking that a public enquiry has already taken place?
I thought that this had already been fully documented and blame proportioned accordingly, so, i'm asking what truth is not known?

Alan, there's a bit more about the documents here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14296590), the key documents are cabinet papers.

Did the Thatcher government act in such a way so that the police weren't criticised? There's also allegations that senior police officer amended the statements of junior officers who were on duty at the game. Who knows all of the material could just line up with what the Taylor Report says but the fact that the government doesn't want it revealing means that there's something that needs to be kept 'hidden'.

Crombers
19th August 2011, 01:19 AM
Done

JUSTICE

(44000 now signed, & I'll get this posted on my Celtic footy forum as well)

The Dogfather
19th August 2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks Crombers

Craig
19th August 2011, 08:03 AM
Signed... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
19th August 2011, 08:38 AM
Done! :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
19th August 2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys