PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Dealers?

MINIme:)
9th August 2011, 12:41 AM
Me again! :yawn:

I wondered what dealers around the central belt you all tend to use for a decent, fair deal on buying new with a trade in? (Hopefully in combination with competence and good customer service!)

Actually while I'm at it, where do you go for servicing? I've been using an independent (RW Weavers) for the last couple of years since being let down by DP - but I'll prob get TLC with the new one which means going back to dealer servicing... :eek:

Many thanks for your unending wisdom :smug:

RobSco
9th August 2011, 01:06 AM
Hi MINIme:)

It's got to be Peter Vardy in Edinburgh for me, :yes nod: Check out what they have and if you do go through ask for John Grey, tell him I sent you... :thumbs up:

Click on the Banner from the Forum Tab where it will take you directly to their website... :thumbs up:

Craig
9th August 2011, 07:54 AM
I could tell you where not to go :Whistle: but that's not really what your asking.... ;)

Mini Ecosse
9th August 2011, 08:01 AM

It's got to be Peter Vardy in Edinburgh for me, :yes nod: Check out what they have and if you do go through ask for John Grey, tell him I sent you... :thumbs up:

Click on the Banner from the Forum Tab where it will take you directly to their website... :thumbs up:

Ditto :thumbs up:

ianking
9th August 2011, 08:15 AM
Ive always had a good deal from Eastern. Hazel Pate is in sales there now and is good to deal with.

GCA3N
9th August 2011, 09:38 AM
Grassicks of perth have a good rep and from my experience so far it's understandable why. It's not just about the dealers though it's the people there and I have to say I have had 3 cars from harry fairbairns in Irvine, guy there Stuart gosling is brilliant. Harry fairbairns in giffnock is supposed to be good , there's a lad there Alan (moved from Irvine) brilliant guy, he sold me my FJCW and was really good at his job defo worth a shout.

Bazthemod
9th August 2011, 11:18 AM
Another +1 for Hazel at Eastern.

Eastern appear to be on the ball as a whole compared to my locals.

Shame we can't get a dealership to spend time on here.

Craig
9th August 2011, 11:42 AM

Very true Baz... :frown:

I remember the good old days :thumbs up:

MINIme:)
9th August 2011, 02:31 PM

I was going to visit them as I am a fan of their cow (I know, I know! :thud:) I find it fascinating that they are shut on sundays. Isn't that international car-shopping day? Quite a bold move I reckon, they clearly approach things differently to the norm! Love the cow! Inspired bit of advertising. :yes nod:

I would be happy to go there with a personal recommendation thanks, would you mind breaking your cyber cover and giving me a name? :smilewinkgrin:

I could tell you where not to go :Whistle: but that's not really what your asking.... ;)

please do. I'm not keen to instigate a public slagging though.

Grassicks of perth have a good rep and from my experience so far it's understandable why. It's not just about the dealers though it's the people there and I have to say I have had 3 cars from harry fairbairns in Irvine, guy there Stuart gosling is brilliant. Harry fairbairns in giffnock is supposed to be good , there's a lad there Alan (moved from Irvine) brilliant guy, he sold me my FJCW and was really good at his job defo worth a shout.

Another +1 for Hazel at Eastern.

Eastern appear to be on the ball as a whole compared to my locals.

I have wondered whether any of you are dealers. I take it not?!

I visited one dealer recently and left feeling like I was a timewaster rather than someone looking to spend what is, to me, a fortune on a brand new car with a great condition trade-in. Caught them at a bad time maybe... Absolute refusal to give me even a ballpark trade-in valuation until I knew precisely what I wanted. But the trade-in value obviously affects what I will buy...?

:bigwave:

ianking
9th August 2011, 03:01 PM
As far as Im aware nobody on here anymore is a dealer but wee have in general all bought plenty minis over the years and know where is good and where isnt and when at the good places who are the best people to talk to.

Gismo
9th August 2011, 04:04 PM
Peter Vardy is the current main dealer, but, sad to say they have not made any type of appearance except one post to enquire about Duncan's recent Perthsire run.
It's a difficult situation whereby all my e-mails are ignored, however, Robsco does manage the occasional e-mail from them.
I can't force them to post, they've met their sponsorship obligation :idunno:

RobSco
9th August 2011, 07:48 PM
Peter Vardy is the current main dealer, but, sad to say they have not made any type of appearance except one post to enquire about Duncan's recent Perthsire run.
It's a difficult situation whereby all my e-mails are ignored, however, Robsco does manage the occasional e-mail from them.
I can't force them to post, they've met their sponsorship obligation :idunno:

Still on the case Alan and haven't given up on them, as I still feel that Peter Vardy give Good Service - Before and After, First Class Team, another Email sent to my contact at Peter Vardy to enquire what's on offer for all on NMS and will keep you up to date as I have in the past... :thumbs up:

Stewart
10th August 2011, 11:41 AM
Got my car in Stirling, Menzies and apart from a a wee trip back to get a new Ally and tyre could not fault them on the sales side.

My car has been serviced twice now and M.O.T in HF Giffnock and they have always been polite, listen to any requests and nothing other than professional. I can’t say anything about dealing with them on buying a car but friends have bought Mini’s there and I’ve heard no complaints. Even got a courtesy call yesterday.

I’d certainly take onboard other views on here when looking at Mini’s in stock and the dealers. In truth if the right car is at a dealer and people have had problems on here I’d probably give it a miss.

Crombers
10th August 2011, 03:47 PM
It's gotta be Menzies of Stirling :thumbs up:

(up to 2006, that is !!!!!)