PDA

View Full Version : R56 Aero Bodykit Side Skirts

SuperCooperS
8th August 2011, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone... has anyone got a set of sideskirts suitable for an r56 cooper s, the ones at came as part of the aero kit.. thinking of putting them on with the standard cooper s front and rear bumpers.. think it would look quite nice

ianking
8th August 2011, 06:20 PM
I dont have a set but here is a pic of one of my previous cars which had the standard bumpers and the aero skirts fitted so that will give youan idea what it will look like.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/1-1.jpg

GCA3N
8th August 2011, 06:23 PM
You don't see many coming up for sale they are very pricey.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Neil - TXJ
8th August 2011, 08:13 PM
Think there is a long list of people wanting a set of these but they cost over £600 for a new set and never seen a set come up secondhand.

Dundee Checkmate
8th August 2011, 10:07 PM
I have a full set on my Checkmate, look great well worth the money.

SuperCooperS
8th August 2011, 10:16 PM
Hi guys, cheers for that... shame they are soo pricey...Ianking.. that looks great.. same colour as mine too.. not fair lol.. where did you get yours from?.. i like subtle detailing!!

ianking
9th August 2011, 08:18 AM
That car was 3 cars ago now but at the time I ordered them from Eastern but cant remember exactly what I paid as it was back in 2007. I got them painted at a good independant that I use.

ELFMAN
9th August 2011, 09:26 AM
I've been swithering about this very topic! I'm not sure, as I think the skirts might give me too much 'whiteness'!

One of the reasons I put on the side stripes was to take away some of the large white area on the side, so fitting the skirts might just be going back the other way. However, on darker cars like Ian's, I think they work really well.

GCA3N
9th August 2011, 09:34 AM
I think it would properly finish yours off euan.

ELFMAN
9th August 2011, 10:27 AM
Hmmmmmmmm... :idunno:

I do know what you mean Greig, but I'm not TOTALLY convinced... and it's an expensive mod :eek:

GCA3N
9th August 2011, 10:30 AM
Hmmmmmmmm... :idunno:

I do know what you mean Greig, but I'm not TOTALLY convinced... and it's an expensive mod :eek:

I'll try and do a photoshop for you to see then :D

ianking
9th August 2011, 01:01 PM
Euan,
I think you might be buying a JCW steering wheel first before aero skirts no!!! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
9th August 2011, 07:10 PM
I like :thumbs up:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-08-031719062-1.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-08-031719062b.jpg

Craig
9th August 2011, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah !! Euan make it so ! ;)

ELFMAN
10th August 2011, 11:34 AM
Many thanks Greig, I was a bit slow seeing this! Will give some serious thought...

Stewart
10th August 2011, 11:55 AM
I have never seen skirts on a Mini and thought that it was anything other than a nice touch. It just turns a bland part of the car into something that wee bit more interesting. I forgot Euan you did not have them but like the PS above. :thumbs up:

Costly mod but finishes off the car in so many ways.

If would be good if the original none touched up pic was there.;)

GCA3N
10th August 2011, 01:57 PM
If would be good if the original none touched up pic was there.;)

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-08-031719062b-1.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-08-031719062b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-08-031719062-1.jpg

ELFMAN
10th August 2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks Greig - very helpful!

Stewart, the thing I'm not sure about is that they reintroduce the large area of 'whiteness' that I was trying to alleviate by putting on the stripes. I think the skirts tend to work better on darker paint schemes...

GCA3N
10th August 2011, 02:13 PM
I don't agree Euan but hey ho it's your baby, these are so expensive it's not the mod you could do and think nah afterwards. What I would say it they would sell on no probs if you decided they were not for you.

ELFMAN
10th August 2011, 02:32 PM
I can see both 'sides' :hand: of the argument Greig. They do add interest to that area of the car and might well make it look a bit lower - which are good points, but I also like the uncluttered 'stock' look, and I'd never have to touch in the inevitable paint chips which the rear 'intakes' will pick up... :smilewinkgrin:, but I do quite like the one which retains the stripes...
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHH! :argh:

GCA3N
10th August 2011, 03:16 PM
Tough choice. Your right about the chips.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Stewart
10th August 2011, 03:42 PM
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/whiteworks.jpg

I think the all white is rather nice.

I just think your eye is attracted to skirts over that of just seeing a slab of white door. Naturally our eyes are drawn to pleasant shapes so when I look at the car above my eye jumps about without noticing the expanse of white.

I do think the black band works better on the version without the skirts as the band adds that wee bit interest in an otherwise bland part of a very nice car. With the skirts you've got it covered so no need to add anything.

N16SHP
10th August 2011, 04:22 PM
I can see both 'sides' :hand: of the argument Greig. They do add interest to that area of the car and might well make it look a bit lower - which are good points, but I also like the uncluttered 'stock' look, and I'd never have to touch in the inevitable paint chips which the rear 'intakes' will pick up... :smilewinkgrin:, but I do quite like the one which retains the stripes...
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHH! :argh:

Well I'm throwing a spanner in the works, but I actually like the way your car is just now Euan. I like the fact it looks stock and to the unsuspecting Chav who decides his Corsa SRI can have you, you'll make him look rather foolish when you plant it ;) not that I promote racing, just putting chavs back in their place.

GCA3N
10th August 2011, 04:24 PM
Well I'm throwing a spanner in the works, but I actually like the way your car is just now Euan. I like the fact it looks stock and to the unsuspecting Chav who decides his Corsa SRI can have you, you'll make him look rather foolish when you plant it ;) not that I promote racing, just putting chavs back in their place.

:thud:

ELFMAN
10th August 2011, 04:38 PM
Oh No! I agree with everybody!!! I AM the 'LibDem' of NMS!!!! :argh::argh::argh:

All points well made and thought-provoking folks... :yes nod:

GCA3N
10th August 2011, 04:39 PM
Oh No! I agree with everybody!!! I AM the 'LibDem' of NMS!!!! :argh::argh::argh:

:laugh:

ELFMAN
10th August 2011, 07:41 PM
:off topic: Many apologies SuperCooper, I have appeared to have hijacked your thread... :hand::frown:

SuperCooperS
11th August 2011, 10:14 PM
Haha I dont mind.. I just like reading what people are up to and thinking about doing to their car.. I spent about 2 hours cleaning my car so nice and shiny... you guys still probably wouldnt call it clean though haha