PDA

View Full Version : A moment of your time (Updated)

N16SHP
7th August 2011, 11:05 PM
Hi folks,

If I can have just a moment of your time to kindly ask you, if you can, to donate to my sponsor page Neil's Sponsor Page (http://www.justgiving.com/neil-shepherd12). I am cycling from Glasgow to Edinburgh in September to raise funds for a charity called Fighting for Sight. It is a local charity in Aberdeen attached to the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Eye Clinic.

For the last 10 months my Sister Karen has frequently visited the Aberdeen Eye Clinic after being diagnosed with the rare condition Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH) and Sarcadosis of the brain which has caused her to lose her peripheral vision in both eyes and some of her sight in one of her eyes. Subsequently she can no longer drive, and has had to give up her driving licence. Her treatment at the clinic has been first class and to thank them for her ongoing care my Dad and I are cycling from Glasgow to Edinburgh to raise funds.

I understand that with the current financial climate, every pound is being carefully spent. So if you can spare even just one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your time and any support you can give.

Neil

gillianmcd
8th August 2011, 08:01 AM
Would be happy to! :)

gillian x

GCA3N
8th August 2011, 10:53 AM
will get something sorted mate, good on you.

N16SHP
8th August 2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks folk!! I've sent a PM to Alan as I've just thought I hope its ok to actually do this on the site.

Craig
8th August 2011, 11:33 AM
Neil, I don't think Alan will gave any issue with raising money for a charity ;)

Craig

Ps - I'll sponsor you when I get home, my mum is registered blind so I'm only too aware of the challenges... ;)

N16SHP
8th August 2011, 01:27 PM
Neil, I don't think Alan will gave any issue with raising money for a charity ;)

Craig

Ps - I'll sponsor you when I get home, my mum is registered blind so I'm only too aware of the challenges... ;)

Thanks Craig!

Gismo
8th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks folk!! I've sent a PM to Alan as I've just thought I hope its ok to actually do this on the site.

CraigNo worries, good luck with the sponsorship and the challenge :thumbs up:

Craig
8th August 2011, 05:05 PM
Donated Neil - All the best with the ride, let me know when your doing it and I could join you for part of it as it goes past my door, if you wouldn't object.... (I take it your doing it along the Canals ??)

N16SHP
8th August 2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks Craig, just got an email saying you'd donated!! I'm not 100% on the route as the 2010 Route (http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Pedal-For-Scotland-2010) was that, but they appear to have changed the 2011 route slightly. But as soon as it's up a'l let you know, and your more than welcome to join us for some of it mate ;)

GCA3N
31st August 2011, 06:40 AM
Can't believe I forgot about this, done pal good luck :thumbs up:

Burple
31st August 2011, 12:33 PM
Missed this before.. but done now! Good luck with the ride! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

N16SHP
11th September 2011, 08:19 PM
Evening Folks!

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all who sponsored me for this :D Between my Dad and I we managed to raise £1100 for Fighting For Sight. We're both shattered, but would do it again in a heart beat for such a good cause.

Thanks again everyone!

Craig
11th September 2011, 08:36 PM
Well done to you and your dad Neil ;)

GCA3N
11th September 2011, 11:31 PM
Evening Folks!

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all who sponsored me for this :D Between my Dad and I we managed to raise £1100 for Fighting For Sight. We're both shattered, but would do it again in a heart beat for such a good cause.

Thanks again everyone!

Well done Neil :thumbs up: