PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't make decisions to save myself... PW or VS...your vote is needed!

MINIme:)
3rd August 2011, 02:28 PM
hello my lovelies

I am having a hell of a job trying to choose the colour of my upcoming One D.

I started on ice blue but I think the reality is a shade or two paler than I was hoping so I've decided against that.

I've always liked PW, I think it really suits MINIs, however I'm concerned that it's such a popular colour that I'll be lost in a sea of other PW. And in 5 or 6 years when I pass her onto her next family I might even be totally bored of it..
Also as I'm buying a One D I won't have a black roof. Would prob get spotlights - how much are they? Can you get them factory fitted in the build?

Other thought is velvet silver but not seen any running around in the wild. Worried it might be a bit too gold? (again body colour roof).

Vote away....!! :computer:

Joanna

ianking
3rd August 2011, 02:34 PM
I still think Ice Blue is very smart. Or why not get a one D Pimlico edition as you get some nice additions and its laser blue which is smart.

ELFMAN
3rd August 2011, 02:59 PM
Don't get Pepper White - I don't want any more competition! :smilewinkgrin:

Velvet Silver Met. is quite classy, and of course Chili Red suits the car too. Ice Blue is a bit bland for me.

Is Lightning Blue the Blue that looks quite 'blaaaaaaah' in the metal? There's a Blue which is quite dull, but I'm not sure if it's that one, as it looks OK on the configurator.

Remember, just don't get Pepper White! :thumbs up: :bigwave:

ps it IS of course the BEST colour for a MINI... :D which is why it's popular!

pps Just spec your Spotlights etc when you're ordering your car - remember it's really easy to get carried away, so take care ticking the boxes - you'll end up ordering a John Cooper Works. Go onto the MINI Configurator and you can spec your car and see how much the bits are and how quickly it adds up - simples!

ianking
3rd August 2011, 03:03 PM
Horizon blue replaced lightning and horizon is a bit blah.

P.W is lovely but more for Ss and JCWs. I think you are right in assuming there will be a sea of PW ones for sale in 4 years

Craig
3rd August 2011, 03:11 PM
When going round the factory tour the last time, PW was the most ordered coloured, with chilli red the second colour.

If you get PW you will be in a popular club, I think VS is nice ;)

Also, adding the spot lights at spec build is the cheapest way to do it if your going down the genuine mini route. You can do it cheaper aftermarket once you have the car tho..

ELFMAN
3rd August 2011, 04:15 PM
'Horizon Blue' is the one I was thinking of Ian - I looked into it when I was buying the car, as I used to really like my Indi Blue, but it was nothing like as good.

Lightning Blue is still on the configurator, so if that's on the go, I'd consider that, but as Ian said, it seems to be Horizon Blaaah now... I'd go for the Velvet Silver Met.

KenL
3rd August 2011, 04:40 PM
I prefer pw with a black roof and stripes. I had a loan car in vs, I really liked it.

Duncan Stewart
3rd August 2011, 05:59 PM
'Horizon Blue' is the one I was thinking of Ian - I looked into it when I was buying the car, as I used to really like my Indi Blue, but it was nothing like as good.

Lightning Blue is still on the configurator, so if that's on the go, I'd consider that

Lightning blue was dropped in 2009 - I really wanted my S in that colour but it was no longer available, however it is now available again and will be the colour for my next mini :yes nod:

For a Mini One I would go for PW as it is a great colour to start with (and no extra metallic cost) but you can also easily and relatively cheaply customise it and make your mini unique because it looks good with different coloured parts - mirrors, roof (painted or chequered stickers), bonnet stripes, etc
I think a PW with a blue roof, mirror caps and bonnet stripes would look great and be unique :smug:

Mini Digger
3rd August 2011, 06:07 PM
Just do what we did with my wife's car - order it yellow mellow (when it was the proper yellow and not the diluted version that they've got back to) and have paw prints put all over it. There will not be a sea of those in the future!!! :p

3rd August 2011, 06:15 PM
hopefully my use of the multiquote thing will work....

Velvet Silver Met. is quite classy, and of course Chili Red suits the car too. Ice Blue is a bit bland for me.

Is Lightning Blue the Blue that looks quite 'blaaaaaaah' in the metal? There's a Blue which is quite dull, but I'm not sure if it's that one, as it looks OK on the configurator.

pps Just spec your Spotlights etc when you're ordering your car - remember it's really easy to get carried away, so take care ticking the boxes - you'll end up ordering a John Cooper Works. Go onto the MINI Configurator and you can spec your car and see how much the bits are and how quickly it adds up - simples!

haha I don't think I would be competing with your lovely!

I haven't seen spotlights in the configurator although I've spent hours in there! Anyone know how much they cost? And if done after? Hope they're not easily removed - I had bits stolen from my current car yesterday where I park it for work :sad: not happy. Even less happy at thought of parking a shiny new one there!

Horizon blue replaced lightning and horizon is a bit blah.

P.W is lovely but more for Ss and JCWs. I think you are right in assuming there will be a sea of PW ones for sale in 4 years

I like horizon blue... but it's now discontinued (just in the last few months).

I still think Ice Blue is very smart. Or why not get a one D Pimlico edition as you get some nice additions and its laser blue which is smart.

pimlico didn't do it for me I'm afriad. The features weren't on track with my choice of added spec and although I agree it's a nice colour, i'd like something more distant to my outgoing electric blue. Lightning blue's just a bit more 'royal blue' again I'd like something further from electric so have dismissed that one.

Is velvet silver a bit gold though?? :idunno:

I'm also considering stripes, but ?sports ones (parallel) rather than the viper ones. Again, nae clue how much that costs. Do they pick off? Don't want neds damaging it, equally if you choose to take them off do they damage the paintwork?

Sorry guys, I ask too many questions!! :smilewinkgrin:

3rd August 2011, 06:18 PM
Just do what we did with my wife's car - order it yellow mellow (when it was the proper yellow and not the diluted version that they've got back to) and have paw prints put all over it. There will not be a sea of those in the future!!! :p

haha when I was wee my big cousin had a bright yellow honda with red footprints all over it. My grandma didn't approve as she was worried it would be a distraction on the road.

Neil - TXJ
3rd August 2011, 09:13 PM
It took me an age to choose between CR and laser blue. My concern with CR was it being a butt common. I eventually went CR primarily because it was a no cost option and the money saved I spent on getting some non-standard vinyl fitted and very happy with my choice. You could always do something similar with PW to stand out from the crowd.

KenL
3rd August 2011, 09:32 PM
VS is kind of goldy, not in a bad way though.

ianking
4th August 2011, 08:56 AM
Ice blue is a no cost option as well though.
I think Ice Blue looks ace. There is a hire car company next to my work and they have recently taken delivery of an Ice Blue Convertible and an Ice blue Cooper with body coloured roof. Even the guys at my work that are not into cars thought that it was a good colour.

Burple
4th August 2011, 11:16 AM

:hand::thumbs up:;):p:bigwave:

Personally I REALLY like Ice Blue, a JCW in that colour would be pretty awesome with a few tasteful mods!

Might look good as a One with maybe white stripes? or white and red detailing? More 'pastelly' Orange 'Gulf-like' stripes?

Ok.. I'll stop talking now! ;)

4th August 2011, 02:00 PM
:hand::thumbs up:;):p:bigwave:

Personally I REALLY like Ice Blue, a JCW in that colour would be pretty awesome with a few tasteful mods!

Might look good as a One with maybe white stripes? or white and red detailing? More 'pastelly' Orange 'Gulf-like' stripes?

Ok.. I'll stop talking now! ;)

no, don't stop talking, I'm enjoying the ideas!!

What are gulf like stripes?

Today (I swear I am not normally this flakey:argh: ) I am thinking more creatively...

PW body, roof and wing mirrors with coffee coloured bonnet stripes (the ones that splay out - I thought they were called viper but I now think that's wrong?) Is that colour of stripes even possible? and spotlights are very likely. I think the mayfair special was a bit like this

Or Ice blue (started thinking about that one again! Still not seen one on the road) with body coloured wing m
and cream bonnet stripes. white might work like you suggested Ian although is the colour a bit close to white? might bring out the blue though.
Or ice blue with mid blue bonnet stripes. or coffee coloured bonnet stripes.

How do I find out what colour stripes I can do or am I best to go with MINI official accessories so that they stick properly / dont damage the paint or peel off?

This is getting more confusing as time goes on.

:sheep:

4th August 2011, 02:03 PM
sorry, ref'd Ian instead of burple on the white stripes, just trying to confuse you! This is an indication of how mashed my head is becoming.

Craig
4th August 2011, 02:30 PM
You can see some gulf stripes on the link below ;)

http://www.solarglasstechgallery.co.uk/upandover.html#

Also gives you some more ideas :yes nod:

ianking
4th August 2011, 03:23 PM
I know that Eastern have an Ice Blue on their forecourt at the moment if you are anywhere near there go and have a look. Im pretty sure its a one as well.

GCA3N
4th August 2011, 03:33 PM
Pw will give you more options graphics wise but the blue is rare go with that.

sent from my galaxy S ll

ELFMAN
4th August 2011, 05:04 PM
Lightning blue was dropped in 2009 - I really wanted my S in that colour but it was no longer available, however it is now available again and will be the colour for my next mini :yes nod:

I'd seriously look at that if/when I ever decide to swap mine, Duncan - I loved my Indi Blue! :sad: However having had two Indi's, I really like my PW (it was always my next choice) :cool:

MINIme - "ICE BLUE with COFFEE-Coloured Stripes???? :idunno: Calm down and drink less of the stuff! You're going a bit :D:D:D:D :smilewinkgrin::bigwave:
As Burple mentioned, Ice Blue might look good with a "GULF" colour scheme, though maybe wee bit OTT on a standard MINI?
For 'Gulf' Colours - check this link: http://www.research-racing.de/917-a.htm I've seen at least one MINI in these colours, and it looked pretty fine, but it was a fairly highly tuned car.

4th August 2011, 06:36 PM
MINIme - "ICE BLUE with COFFEE-Coloured Stripes???? :idunno: Calm down and drink less of the stuff! You're going a bit :D:D:D:D :smilewinkgrin::bigwave:
As Burple mentioned, Ice Blue might look good with a "GULF" colour scheme, though maybe wee bit OTT on a standard MINI?
For 'Gulf' Colours - check this link: http://www.research-racing.de/917-a.htm I've seen at least one MINI in these colours, and it looked pretty fine, but it was a fairly highly tuned car.

HARSH! :sad:

I saw a picture of an IB convertible with dark brown roof. It looked really good.

Gulf - I'm impressed by the creativity but too 'out there'/boy racer for me! Aiming for uncommon but subtle posh bird in 30s.

ianking
5th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Aiming for uncommon but subtle posh bird in 30s.

So is Elfman funnily enough :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
5th August 2011, 08:23 AM
Do what ever you want to do and what makes you happy. You'll not get every one agreeing so go with your gut instinct.

ELFMAN
5th August 2011, 08:46 AM

:laugh:She doesn't have to be Posh... Subtle is preferred, but not mandatory :p :thumbs up:

BTW MINIme, only kidding re the caffeine/stripes reference! :smilewinkgrin: 'Harsh' isn't really in my repertoire :bigwave:
I reckon Velvet Silver is your most appropriate colour choice.

GCA3N
5th August 2011, 08:53 AM
Yeh Euan never heard you being called posh before. ;)

ELFMAN
5th August 2011, 08:58 AM
Yeh Euan never heard you being called posh before. ;)

:yes nod: I have my moments old chap, I am a man of many hues...* (or 'Shugs' if I'm in Lanarkshire mode).
*but not as many as MINIme's car :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
5th August 2011, 12:28 PM
I still recon Ice Blue all the way. Be different and thats the colour you first thought of was it not. Women usually pick something out straight away then spend the day looking at all the other shops before going back to their first choice. :cool:

GCA3N
5th August 2011, 01:11 PM
I still recon Ice Blue all the way. Be different and thats the colour you first thought of was it not. Women usually pick something out straight away then spend the day looking at all the other shops before going back to their first choice. :cool:

Funny and true. I'm with Ian here go for ib.

sent from my galaxy S ll

5th August 2011, 01:38 PM

Send over a CV Mr Elf :lol:

:laugh:She doesn't have to be Posh... Subtle is preferred, but not mandatory :p :thumbs up:

BTW MINIme, only kidding re the caffeine/stripes reference! :smilewinkgrin: 'Harsh' isn't really in my repertoire :bigwave:
I reckon Velvet Silver is your most appropriate colour choice.

Nae bother! I am well aware I'm losing the plot a bit!! :thud:
Overthinking this on a grand scale and as ?Greig points out, this surveying exercise only proves that some people will love and some will not love whatever I end up with! Hopefully you'll all still be willing to talk to me if we ever meet - I'm not normally such a pain :D No really!!

:yes nod: I have my moments old chap, I am a man of many hues...* (or 'Shugs' if I'm in Lanarkshire mode).
*but not as many as MINIme's car :smilewinkgrin:

Ah now the best people have more than one facet. I'm trying to guess what you all look like :p

And my god, you are right, this car has been every colour on the last two years options!! Today I'm (seriously) wondering about Hot Chocolate.... I think I rather like it. It would go with 50% of my wardrobe too! And my hair! Love the colour but a rarity on cars.
The blue I loved online - but it's different in real life. One day I will get a new car ...and there will be much relief and celebration. And I might procure myself a wee nms sticker and pledge my allegiance to the gang that have humoured me so nicely. :motoring:

GCA3N
5th August 2011, 01:48 PM
^^^^^^Brilliant :lol:, hot chocolate can look nice too BTW, very individual.

Craig
5th August 2011, 02:06 PM

Nae bother! I am well aware I'm losing the plot a bit!! :thud:
Overthinking this on a grand scale and as ?Greig points out, this surveying exercise only proves that some people will love and some will not love whatever I end up with! Hopefully you'll all still be willing to talk to me if we ever meet - I'm not normally such a pain :D No really!!

Ah now the best people have more than one facet. I'm trying to guess what you all look like :p

And my god, you are right, this car has been every colour on the last two years options!! Today I'm (seriously) wondering about Hot Chocolate.... I think I rather like it. It would go with 50% of my wardrobe too! And my hair! Love the colour but a rarity on cars.
The blue I loved online - but it's different in real life. One day I will get a new car ...and there will be much relief and celebration. And I might procure myself a wee nms sticker and pledge my allegiance to the gang that have humoured me so nicely. :motoring:

Listen, if you can finally choose a colour, let me know if you want an inside or outside sticker and I'll send you one to help the stress ;) (dinnae worry Alan) I'll cover the cost ;)

5th August 2011, 02:10 PM
Listen, if you can finally choose a colour, let me know if you want an inside or outside sticker and I'll send you one to help the stress ;) (dinnae worry Alan) I'll cover the cost ;)

Nice! Thank you very much :thumbs up:
Bet you don't think I can do it!

Craig
5th August 2011, 02:21 PM
Nice! Thank you very much :thumbs up:
Bet you don't think I can do it!

I think my money (and sticker) is safe for a few months.... It might me a Xmas present!! :lol:

ianking
5th August 2011, 02:26 PM
Hot Chocolate is nice but be warned it will show up every wee mark on the paintwork.

ELFMAN
6th August 2011, 10:36 AM

:off topic:It'd take ages to type up... what with the Solo World Circumnavigation in a canoe, the Grammy Awards for the guitar stuff and all that Nobel Peace Prize nonsense, anyway, at only 5 foot 7, I still might not come up to your expectations. :frown:

Did you say you had chocolate hair? :D If any of the rest of you consists of, say, Chicken Jalfrezi, :drool: then I may propose! :yes nod::thumbs up:
Sorry, that sounds a bit too 'Silence of the Lambs'. :blush: How's about a nice Chianti? :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
6th August 2011, 03:28 PM
Ok, time for me to step in, PW all the way :thumbs up:

7th August 2011, 03:46 PM
:off topic:It'd take ages to type up... what with the Solo World Circumnavigation in a canoe, the Grammy Awards for the guitar stuff and all that Nobel Peace Prize nonsense, anyway, at only 5 foot 7, I still might not come up to your expectations. :frown:

Did you say you had chocolate hair? :D If any of the rest of you consists of, say, Chicken Jalfrezi, :drool: then I may propose! :yes nod::thumbs up:
Sorry, that sounds a bit too 'Silence of the Lambs'. :blush: How's about a nice Chianti? :smilewinkgrin:

:noob::smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
8th August 2011, 12:27 AM
You on a diet? :idunno:

8th August 2011, 12:45 AM
You're right, that doesn't actually make any sense.
Please don't eat the newbie.

ELFMAN
8th August 2011, 08:43 AM
So now I have to go on a diet? :idunno:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
8th August 2011, 05:25 PM
Got to be VS and Black... But I'm biased... :smilewinkgrin:

14th August 2011, 04:21 PM
Got to be VS and Black... But I'm biased... :smilewinkgrin:

VS is def off the list I'm afraid! Was it yourself that previously had hot chocolate? How did you find it?

ELFMAN
15th August 2011, 01:22 PM
Was it yourself that previously had hot chocolate? How did you find it?

It was the next button down from the Cappuccino... :laugh:

15th August 2011, 01:44 PM
watch it Elfman or I'll be in a PW, copying you! :moonie:

ELFMAN
15th August 2011, 03:21 PM
watch it Elfman or I'll be in a PW, copying you! :moonie:

You could do worse... if you choose Hot Chocolate :hand: I'd go for Minestrone - 3 buttons down :smilewinkgrin:
BTW there's no need for all this :moonie: sort of thing, BARE-FACED CHEEK... :blush:

GCA3N
15th August 2011, 04:25 PM
It was the next button down from the Cappuccino... :laugh:

Brilliant

sent from my galaxy S ll

17th September 2011, 08:33 PM
CAR ORDERED!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:smug:

rpn
17th September 2011, 08:41 PM
Hey brilliant news :thumbs up: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/Smilies/Scarf.gif http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/Smilies/Banana.gif

When are you getting it?

RobSco
17th September 2011, 08:48 PM
CAR ORDERED!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:smug:

Well Done Joanna :saltireflag:

What did you finally go for and when do you take delivery of it, also where did you go for it as you've certainly looked into what you wanted, bet you can't wait now... :thumbs up:

17th September 2011, 09:14 PM
Not sure when I'll get it yet! Deposit down today, and will know more when it's processed through on Monday :smilewinkgrin: 4 or 5 weeks time though :smug: HAPPY!!

I went to our sponsors, Peter Vardy, on recommendation. Have thoroughly enjoyed dealing with them - John Gray and John McKinstry - nice guys:thumbs up:

RobSco
17th September 2011, 09:23 PM
Not sure when I'll get it yet! Deposit down today, and will know more when it's processed through on Monday :smilewinkgrin: 4 or 5 weeks time though :smug: HAPPY!!

I went to our sponsors, Peter Vardy, on recommendation. Have thoroughly enjoyed dealing with them - John Gray and John McKinstry - nice guys:thumbs up:

Nice One... :clap: Won't be long till your...:motoring:... What colour did you finally go for ???

rpn
17th September 2011, 10:08 PM
What colour did you finally go for ???

PW see post 45!

17th September 2011, 10:11 PM
PW see post 45!

Incorrect!:hand:

RobSco
17th September 2011, 10:24 PM
Could it Be the Ice Blue / Black Roof and Mirrors Combination... :yes nod:

RobSco
17th September 2011, 10:36 PM

I think my money (and sticker) is safe for a few months.... It might me a Xmas present!! :lol:

I think you've lost this bet Craig... :lol:

19th September 2011, 06:02 PM
estimated delivery in mid Oct! :clap:

:motoring:

RobSco
19th September 2011, 06:27 PM
estimated delivery in mid Oct! :clap:

:motoring:

Excellent News - Bet you can't wait.... :clap: You'll be going around with a hugh Big :smilewinkgrin: on your face... :thumbs up:

Craig
19th September 2011, 06:34 PM
I think you've lost this bet Craig... :lol:

It's a bet I actually wanted to loose as it means we have another winner ;) ;) (ie a mini owner ) :yes nod:

19th September 2011, 06:45 PM
It's a bet I actually wanted to loose as it means we have another winner ;) ;) (ie a mini owner ) :yes nod:

:thumbs up: ah thanks Craig, already a big fan and owner of 5 yrs ...but a brand new shiny one is going to be ace - and a new mini joining the nms gang :smilewinkgrin: :bigwave: