PDA

View Full Version : Induction kit removal - help please!!

lightbody
30th July 2004, 04:45 AM
I've traded my trusty Charlie in for a new MINI, due for a mid-September arrival. I want to remove Charlie's Works induction kit but need some help please! I need to replacing all the original air filter box stuff and as far as I recall the clips on the hoses were a complete nightmare to undo and didn't look like they'd reconnect!

Alternatives include asking the dealer to swap it over to the new car (not sure about that one, might want a new kit for a new car...) or just leaving it on and forgetting about it!

Thanks for any info, especially from those who've done this!

GAJ
30th July 2004, 04:29 PM
Done it loads of times! The original clips simply prise off! Just stick a screw driver in the gap at the raised bit and give it a wee twist! They look like they wouldn't reconnect but, again, it's a lot easier than it at first seems. Just slide the clip shut as far as you can with your fingers and then just squeeze the clip shut with pliers, it will lock in place. Pretty hard to explain but should make sense when it is in front of you. If you get stuck and don't mind the trek to the posh side of Scotland <joke!> I will happily swap it over for you.

lightbody
11th September 2004, 10:23 PM
Right - I've got it off and replaced with the original air filter box.

BUT

I can't quite manage to shut the wee clips... mainly because the're very difficult to get at - especially the one down next to the engine. It all seems fairly secure without them but i'd rather leave it the way i found it!

Unbelievably quiet and boring without the induction kit - i hadn't realised the difference it made!!

macblob
15th September 2004, 10:05 PM
Just use a normal jubilee clip Rob :D

GAJ
15th September 2004, 10:28 PM
Brian, you still got your one kicking about! Might know of a home for it after all!

macblob
16th September 2004, 02:09 AM
Yeah ive still got mine Gaj, not in the best of shape but worked fine after I bounded the metal pipe to the filter itself.

Let me know if you want it. :D

GAJ
16th September 2004, 02:19 AM
Indeed I do! I'll give you a call later!

mgemie
16th September 2004, 02:36 AM
lightbody, are you interested in selling the JCW induction kit if its now spare...? Is the JCW induction filter good as far as induction kits go? How does the MINI/BMW official induction kit compare to other non-warranty covered jobs?

mgemie
16th September 2004, 02:38 AM
duh! me in stoopid mode - i just read ur original post correctly and as far as i understand u'v put the JCW induction kit on ur new MINI? - correct?

macblob
16th September 2004, 04:23 PM
Gaj, sent you a mail, mobile was in the house charging yesterday so didnt notice you had tried to call..doh!!!

lightbody
17th September 2004, 12:56 AM
McGemie - yes, sorry, am hoping to transfer it to my new one, arriving any day now.

I don't think there is an official BMW/MINI kit - the Works one is as close as they got, and you can't buy it on its own any more I dont think.