PDA

View Full Version : Water marks on my drivers seat . . .

mini megz
25th July 2011, 04:47 PM
Hi :D

I was wondering if anyone has any tricks in their book for removing water stains? I accidently :blush: left my drivers window open ever so slightly and of all the weekends, it was when the rain was hammering down! I now have water marks on my seat and it is an imperfection I'd rather not have . . . I am a bit OCD when it comes to my car :hand: I have tried various stain removers and the marks are not budging! If there is no solution, then I was going to invest in some good quality seat covers and wondered where I could purchase good ones for a Gen 1 Cooper S?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
25th July 2011, 04:56 PM
I dunno if it would help, but I removed bottled water stains, not rain, from my seats using an attachement of a Bissell carpet cleaner.

Or pour water over the rest of the it :cool: ...but I don't suppose that's the answer you were looking for :D

mini megz
25th July 2011, 05:00 PM
Always worth a try :thumbs up:. . . I think it really needs worked into as leaving the foam cleaner then hoovering it later does not seem to be working!

mini megz
25th July 2011, 05:21 PM
I could always push the boat out and invest in a pair of new front seats :rolleyes: If only lol

EcosseGP
26th July 2011, 10:47 PM
Think if you use AG interior car shampoo it'll remove the marks no problem .. Did a mates seats the other day it made them look like new (had 7 years of kids stains all over them) ..

mini megz
27th July 2011, 07:56 AM
Cheers Mini GP :D

k3ith
30th July 2011, 06:57 PM
its called browning and happens when one part of the seat dries before another part, normal wet vac will cure it.

baptie
1st August 2011, 10:06 AM
its called browning and happens when one part of the seat dries before another part, normal wet vac will cure it.

I thought that only happened when you went to fast..........:Whistle: