PDA

View Full Version : German GP - Spoiler

The Dogfather
24th July 2011, 05:29 PM
Wow, what a great race.

Hamilton showed his raw talent and McLaren look competitive again. The Ferrari looked good as well despite running out of fuel, although the team balls'd up Massa final pit stop.....

Can't help be feel that the next few races will suit RB but still plenty of races to go and if Vettel isn't out front he looks a bit average.

N16SHP
24th July 2011, 06:52 PM
Agreed, what a race! I wouldn't say McLaren are competitive again, I think it just showed Lewis' true racing ability. Was pretty gutted to see JB retire as the car was just starting to come to him. Vettel did look very average behind Massa, but I think he didn't want to sail it down the inside and risk throwing away points. Hopefully McLaren can get this new exhaust system sorted out and give both Lewis and Jenson some more pace for the second half of the season.

Oh, and Alonso still the best driver in F1? Didn't see the bright yellow skid lid of Lewis steaming around the outside of him did he...HA HA!

Gismo
24th July 2011, 06:59 PM
Excellent overtake by Hamilton on stroppy Alonso and wasn't it good NOT to see the Vettel finger being raised

N16SHP
24th July 2011, 07:01 PM
I did enjoy not seeing the finger wag, but did you see his face after qually...what a child!! In his defence though, he seemed like a decent enough kid on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago.

The Dogfather
24th July 2011, 07:19 PM
I think Vettel is OK, but he's not British so I don't like it when he wins.

I think the McLaren is at least on level terms with Ferrari and that's all Lewis needs to come out on top. He was faster than the Spaniard in the same car in his rookie season so he'll be a lot quicker now he's got the experience.

Delboy
24th July 2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah, great race today!

Very pleased Hamilton won - he drove superbly and that last overtake of Alonso was a joy to behold, especially since Hamilton prevented Webber doing the same thing to him a lap or two before that. :thumbs up:

I like Vettel but it's good that he got pegged back a little today.

minimad
25th July 2011, 08:11 AM
yeah got to agree with you guys great race pity about the result!!

stoney
25th July 2011, 09:14 AM
Fantastic race good to see 3 different teams at the top

Real shame about button but a good race in all some real overtaking no just down to the dns wing :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

N16SHP
25th July 2011, 09:35 AM
yeah got to agree with you guys great race pity about the result!!

:frown: What? I always enjoy our debates on the F1 hierarchy :p ! But as you said, was a great race, and with no rain for a change too. I think the biggest thing that's bringing the pack back together is Pirelli making the tyres last longer, and RB who was light on tyres are now losing their advantage.

stoney
25th July 2011, 09:47 AM
:frown: What? I always enjoy our debates on the F1 hierarchy :p ! But as you said, was a great race, and with no rain for a change too. I think the biggest thing that's bringing the pack back together is Pirelli making the tyres last longer, and RB who was light on tyres are now losing their advantage.

They have not changed them it's just the fact the track has been cooler and the drivers are learning to look after them better IMO but we will see what happen when it's a bit warmer on track again :)

euan
25th July 2011, 02:30 PM
They have not changed them it's just the fact the track has been cooler and the drivers are learning to look after them better IMO but we will see what happen when it's a bit warmer on track again :)

Indeed, when it's hot (like in Valencia) I suspect Ferrari will be at the front. This weekend it's usually baking in Hungary, but it's only mid 20s so could see McLaren in there again.

Shame about Button having to retire, I suspect he'd have nicked 4th.