PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Laguna Seca

Gismo
22nd July 2011, 03:38 PM
Almost made a last minute decision to go to this, but, decided against it.
Still, should be a great race.

Interestingly Rossi has disappeared off the radar, no longer involved in pre-race meetings etc

Wonder if Stoner's tyre problem has been addressed, i reckon he shouldn't try to get away at the start of races

N16SHP
22nd July 2011, 11:53 PM
It's my favourite race of the year, I absolutely love this track, and usually always produced a good race, so fingers crossed.

As for Rossi, I think the only thing he's proved by switching to the red Duc is just how good Casey Stoney was at making it go fast, and that Nicky Hayden, and ex world champion, isn't as bad as some folk are unfairly making out. I really hope all this work they are doing on the bike for next year pays off, but what I don't like to see is them saying, well we're not going to win this year, so lets just start next year instead...it's not fair on us, the folk to pay the money to go and see them race.

zimbo
24th July 2011, 04:34 PM
Yup this race should be a good one :yes nod: I've always liked the Laguna Seca track. Cant wait to see what the new US circuit in Texas as of next year for the Formula 1s then also the MotoGP guys as of 2013 will be like, it should be impressive coz the americans dont do anything small :hand:

(I cant wait!!!)

I reckon wee Danni is gonna have this race :yes nod: tho Lorenzo only managed to get pole coz he has a huge hole missing in his arse or something from the bike throwing him off yesterday so he is now lighter than normal hence the faster pace... :laugh:

I pedict Danni,Casey and Lorenzo and thats how they will finish I think.

N16SHP
24th July 2011, 06:57 PM
I'd like to see my man Nicky on the podium, I think the Ducati is just starting to come to him, but it will be a tough ask. I am leaning to you with the results Zimbo but I will go with Dani, Lorenzo and Spies as my podium.

Gismo
24th July 2011, 07:05 PM
Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are my top 3 picks

Gismo
24th July 2011, 10:51 PM
Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are my top 3 picks:thumbs up: :biker:

Gismo
25th July 2011, 01:03 AM
I climbed 500 places in the fantasy league with an almost perfect prediction of today's race.

N16SHP
25th July 2011, 09:42 AM
Good work boss! Not a bad race, but not terribly exciting. I think Slideshow Bob is gonna have to buck up his ideas as he's starting to get expensive. Pretty gutted Spies got a rubbish start and got bogged down as he looked like he has the pace and tyre to go the distance. Still, Brno is a great fast track, so hopefully we'll see some good racing there.

Big Gordy
25th July 2011, 11:20 AM
Still, Brno is a great fast track, so hopefully we'll see some good racing there.

I think the opposite will happen......the Hondas will vanish into the distance with Casey leading the charge.
Rumour has it Ducati have run out of options for their current design of the engine being the middle of the chassis and are developing a delta box frame for next year..!! Honda are saying next years 1000 is 2 seconds quicker than the current 800...!!!

N16SHP
25th July 2011, 03:33 PM
I think the opposite will happen......the Hondas will vanish into the distance with Casey leading the charge.
Rumour has it Ducati have run out of options for their current design of the engine being the middle of the chassis and are developing a delta box frame for next year..!! Honda are saying next years 1000 is 2 seconds quicker than the current 800...!!!

I agree with you that the Honda's will disappear, I was meaning we'll hopefully see some racing between the three Honda's and Slideshow Bob! Plus if Lorenzo is fit he could be hanging on to 3rd or 4th place. The nature of the Brno track means there's plenty of big breaking corners to overtake on too, and the last part of the track where they have the high speed left into a right I think it is always thows up some good racing. I remember from years ago in the Superbikes a cracking race at Brno, but nothing beats Bayliss and Edwards at Imola in 2002...just brilliant! (sorry little off topic)

zimbo
25th July 2011, 04:01 PM
Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are my top 3 picks

:thumbs up: :biker:

I climbed 500 places in the fantasy league with an almost perfect prediction of today's race.

Well done Alan, result :thumbs up: so what position you in now then? I went down a few places in the FL :argh:

Big Gordy
25th July 2011, 11:03 PM
I remember from years ago in the Superbikes a cracking race at Brno, but nothing beats Bayliss and Edwards at Imola in 2002...just brilliant! (sorry little off topic)

Ahhhh....a man who knows his bike racing :smilewinkgrin: