PDA

View Full Version : IPhone

Gismo
21st July 2011, 04:04 PM
Finally managed to get onto an iPhone contract.
Compared to my old Droid it's fantastic, everything just works!

The Droid would hardly ever fetch emails from my primary account let alone all the accounts that I have (5)
With the iPhone all my outlook stuff is synced perfectly.

Glad to be back

Burple
21st July 2011, 04:07 PM
Finally managed to get onto an iPhone contract.
Compared to my old Droid it's fantastic, everything just works!

The Droid would hardly ever fetch emails from my primary account let alone all the accounts that I have (5)
With the iPhone all my outlook stuff is synced perfectly.

Glad to be back

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: Just watch out if you've set your mail and calendar to fetch mail that it's not set to fetch all the time... sucks your battery dry in about 4 hours... found THAT one out the hard way! :ragin:

apart from that...you'll love it. I wanted to hate them, then I got one. :thumbs up:

Craig
21st July 2011, 04:36 PM
My contract is up in Jan and I'm tempted to move away from my iPhone , not because it hasn't been faultless (which it has) but fancying something diff ;). Think I would regret it as soon as I did :thud:

Stewart
21st July 2011, 05:09 PM
Got say I love the old Iphone....

gillianmcd
21st July 2011, 05:33 PM
I'm a very loyal apple fan! I am thinking about getting the 5 when it comes out - my 3gs is looking a little shabby but I have had it for a while now! I've got a list of excuses why I need a new one...I'm sure they're not very valid but I WANT ONE!! ha ha :D

The Dogfather
21st July 2011, 05:35 PM
Wait till iCloud and iOS5 hits, it will be awesome. I'm going to be working on all the content that our agents will need to support it, a lot of work :eek:

Given your the size of your music collection Alan I think you'll want to sign up to iTunes in the Cloud when it hits this Autumn

Gismo
21st July 2011, 05:37 PM
I can't find my Bookmarks, I can add to the existing list but can't navigate from it

The Dogfather
21st July 2011, 05:39 PM
its at the bottom of the page in safari the book icon

The Dogfather
21st July 2011, 05:42 PM
www.orange.co.uk/helpiphone4

or

T-Mobile iPhone Help (http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=phonedetail&cat=IPHONE_4&tab=1)

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2011, 08:08 PM
Due an upgrade in September.

Sort of fancy something different, but so used to the iPhone now it would be a worry something else wouldn't tick all the boxes or would tick even more boxes than the iPhone, then be crap at the standard stuff.

Anyone any idea when the iPhone 5 is supposed to be out?

A.

gillianmcd
21st July 2011, 08:50 PM
Anyone any idea when the iPhone 5 is supposed to be out?

A.

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be July & I heard the other day it is now Sept? But don't quote me on that! I know it's not in the too distant future.... :D

The Dogfather
21st July 2011, 08:54 PM
Andy, iOS5 is out this 'fall'. When iOS 4 came out so did the iPhone 4.

;)

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2011, 09:32 PM
Andy, iOS5 is out this 'fall'. When iOS 4 came out so did the iPhone 4.

;)

Cool. Ta.

A.:D

Craig
21st July 2011, 09:38 PM
Good to know Paul . Cheers ;)

The Dogfather
21st July 2011, 10:23 PM
BTW, I don't know if there is going to be a new iPhone. I'm just pointing out what happened last time.

gillianmcd
21st July 2011, 10:32 PM
BTW, I don't know if there is going to be a new iPhone. I'm just pointing out what happened last time.

There is! :D

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2011, 10:37 PM

Thats cool Paul, I realise any info you give is your own personal info or opinion, not that of your employer.:smilewinkgrin:

There is! :D

Gillian, Apple keep these things very close to their chest indeed. When the iPad was first launched hardly anyone was expecting that - including the Apple fan magazines and web sites - they really caught everyone off guard. Not bad for a company with such a huge penetration.

So, whilst we're all "expecting" a new iPhone, expect the unexpected. That way you won't be surprised.

A.:D

stoney
22nd July 2011, 11:26 AM
I phone 5 will be out later on this year O2 confirm it to mew en I was fining out when I could upgrade :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Crombers
22nd July 2011, 03:51 PM
Ah ffs, just as I was getting (sort of) the hang of me 3GS, I'm now gonna have to start all over again at contract renewal time!!!!

Me & all this techno stuff :rolleyes:

The Dogfather
22nd July 2011, 04:19 PM
Stick with the 3GS, it'll run the new software

stoney
22nd July 2011, 04:22 PM
Just cos ur an old fart ;) it's easy and the I phone 4 works the same as the 3GS but quicker ;) don't worry old man us young ones will keep u right :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

The Dogfather
22nd July 2011, 07:24 PM
I'll help you out if you get stuck with the new software.

I'm writing a guide to help out our agents, I should be getting a developer version next week just waiting on the licence details.

EcosseGP
23rd July 2011, 02:33 PM
Oh well iPhone 5 it is then mine is overdue but no point in getting a 4 when the 5 is just around the corner ..

Gismo
23rd July 2011, 02:37 PM
Oh well iPhone 5 it is then mine is overdue but no point in getting a 4 when the 5 is just around the corner ..And then the 6 will be coming out :lol:

Mon the fish
25th July 2011, 08:14 AM
O2 told me last week the new iphone would be more a '4S' than a '5'

euan
25th July 2011, 02:34 PM
iPhone5 should be all about iOS5 with cloud. You have to wonder what else they could do to the phone other than make it quicker (doesn't need it but everyone else is going dual core). The screen on the 4 is miles better than a 3GS, the other thing I'd like is a better call signal as mine is a bit ropey at times (always used in a bumper too).