PDA

View Full Version : £161m

zimbo
13th July 2011, 10:21 AM
So 1 UK ticket won last nights euro lottery of £161 million!!!!

If it is anyone on here, a nice little JCW Clubbie would be very much appreciated :yes nod: And wouldnt cost you that much..... (be loose change to you now)

Big Gordy
13th July 2011, 11:59 AM
Good job you told me :thumbs up:I was going to get you a lambo....nevermind :moonie: Any particular colour :confused:

baptie
13th July 2011, 12:29 PM
what would be on the list........
Move house
Super car.......no wait, two
new wardrobe
Holiday

That would do for starters.

222 millionairs in Scotland now and one said they bought the house, the car and the holidays and when they check their bank balance the same money is there due to interest and investments made.

You canny beat it

ELFMAN
13th July 2011, 02:29 PM
It would probably be better if 322 people got half a million each!

£161 Million? I can't really get my head around that sort of money. The interest on 'safe' investments alone (even at today's rates) would be phenomenal.

Given the lump sum, I'd redline my 2011 458 Italia/1961 250 SWB/1962 GTO for a few months, see the world for a couple of years, buy that house on Mull (and Vancouver) and do the rest of my "Bucket List" (including owning my own 2-seat Spitfire and employing a top pilot so I could get flown around!). I'd put a sum aside to set myself, family and friends up for life and then I would give the remainder (still tens of £millions I'd bet) away to things like Cancer Research, Royal British Legion/Help for Heroes and all sorts of 'worthwhile' causes - you could really change lives with that sort of dosh. Then at least it would do some good and I'd be contented!

Having had a health scare recently, it put things into perspective... sometimes money's the last thing on your mind! (although I suppose I could have hired my own medical team... Hmmmmmm).

Penny Louise
13th July 2011, 03:37 PM
A guy at work today asked me if I could imagine having £161m... and I replied no actually I couldn't!! That's a ridiculous amount of money!! Actually crazy

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2011, 06:54 PM
I confess... it was me. And I'd love to buy you all a new MINI. But, I had to buy eighty million five hundred thousand tickets to win. :idunno:

A. :D

euan
13th July 2011, 07:29 PM
You just cannot comprehend that kind of money.

I mean, aside from no having to work again, there are the security aspects. I watched a programme a while ago on people who won the lottery and they all said the biggest worry they had was someone kidnapping their kids and demanding cash, or breaking into the house. They all had begging letters, and a lot of them, and a few had their friends turned on them. Different perspective on it all really.

It would be a lot of fun deciding what to do with it though but it's a pretty obscene amount of money. You'd have to find ways of making yourself keep active and doing something, run a charity or startup a business or something, just to keep yourself occupied.

For me, I'd have the main family house in Scotland somewhere and one somewhere sunny (Spain/South of France, Italy). Car wise, that would take too long... 535d tourer as a daily, one modern supercar (not sure which, they're all too good and way beyond what you can use on the road) and a lot of vintage ones. Maybe a racing e-type or the like and do stuff like Goodwood revival, that kind of thing.

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2011, 07:40 PM
...... You'd have to find ways of making yourself keep active and doing something, run a charity or startup a business or something, just to keep yourself occupied.....

Good God man! Don't do that. That £161m would be blown in days!:ragin:

A.:D

zimbo
13th July 2011, 07:56 PM
Apparently the daily interest on that amount is 9k a day!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud: :Whistle:

euan
13th July 2011, 08:55 PM
Good God man! Don't do that. That £161m would be blown in days!:ragin:

A.:D

Could be worse, could buy a football club...

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2011, 11:42 PM

Or a Sunday newspaper. One going very cheap at the moment. And if their share rate keeps dropping, you'd be able to buy the whole of NI by the end of the week. :lol:

A.

Mon the fish
14th July 2011, 07:11 AM
I've had a lot of people telling me you couldn't spend that kind of money. Are you kidding!? My car list alone would be over £20m (see one Mr C Evans collection, mixed with a bit of Nick Mason's). A couple of country piles would be another £20m, an island somewhere would be £30m or whatever the going rate is these days (could buy Greece I suppose).

And a private jet to go to all the F1 races, staying in 5 star luxury. Of course I could spend it!

ELFMAN
14th July 2011, 09:13 AM
But if you spent it on these things, most of which could be seen as 'Investments', you wouldn't REALLY be losing money, and could conceivably end up with MORE money at the end of it! :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2011, 09:40 AM
But if you spent it on these things, most of which could be seen as 'Investments', you wouldn't REALLY be losing money, and could conceivably end up with MORE money at the end of it! :smilewinkgrin:

Dunno Elfman, Greece is depreciating terribly right now. :lol:

A.

Stewart
14th July 2011, 11:35 AM
I liked the looks of some of those big houses we drove past on the Perthshire run, some right Footballers/ Golf pro kind of things with spectacular views.

I house in Western Europe like the Italian lakes to explore from. I’d get a modern Super car and a few Classic cars for over there.

A Yacht for the Mediterranean to play about in

Learn to fly a Plane and Helicopter – I’ve tried the plane and it was great fun flying yourself.

Plus actually start ticking off places like Machu Picchu, Chichen Itza, Uluru, Pyramids of Giza, Bora Bora, Petra......as I've seen sod all of the world.:frown:

ELFMAN
14th July 2011, 03:23 PM
Dunno Elfman, Greece is depreciating terribly right now. :lol:
A.

...with the exception of Greece... Portugal... Italy etc etc. :argh: There's a difference between spending it and just blowing it - as the actress said to the Bishop :blush:

Mini Ecosse
14th July 2011, 06:33 PM
...with the exception of greece... Portugal... Italy etc etc. :argh: There's a difference between spending it and just blowing it - as the actress said to the bishop :blush:

pmsl

Crombers
14th July 2011, 09:21 PM

Or help oor (dignified) Alisdair McMoist at the Rankers, he's apparently having a few problems with the 'White' warchest :rolleyes:

euan
15th July 2011, 08:58 AM
As an Aberdeen supporter, that's the last place any money I had would be going ;-)

stoney
15th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Well it's some one from Falkirk that has won Gordy where u only joking :lol:

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Big Gordy
15th July 2011, 12:15 PM
Well it's some one from Falkirk that has won Gordy where u only joking :lol:

Nope.....(sent from sales desk at the Porsche showroom in Hillington :p)

ELFMAN
15th July 2011, 12:22 PM
I heard they've just bought the whole town.

Gordy, are you buying another DESK???

ianking
15th July 2011, 12:29 PM
They perhaps arent very bright thogh, (not just because they hail from Falkirk) but because they are going to declare them selves to the world.

I would keep quiet about it, move away and spend my millions on nice things

Craig
15th July 2011, 12:31 PM
They perhaps arent very bright thogh, (not just because they hail from Falkirk) but because they are going to declare them selves to the world.

I would keep quiet about it, move away and spend my millions on nice things

Agreed about making it public..... Wrong decision I think.... :frown:

Watch whit yer saying about folk fae fawkirk tho ya dobber !!!!!! :lol:

Big Gordy
15th July 2011, 12:56 PM
I heard they've just bought the whole town.

What a waste of money that would be :frown:

That's me just ordered my 911 GT2 RS 4.0 :thumbs up: (in lime green) and 911 GT3 (in red)
Next stop the Audi garage across the road for my RS4 Avant (in baby blue) and R8 (in white) then off the the Aston garage for a nice wee Vantage (in BRG)
next I have to source a few Scoobies ie RB5 & RB320. maybe just get a Vayron just to see what all the fuss is about :p
Don't get me started on what motorcycles I'd get.....that list would be soooooooooo lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
15th July 2011, 01:14 PM
Going Public is stupid but as Christine said you would not be able to hide that kind of cash and some WILL rat you out to the press but I said the first thing you would know about it was the house went for sale with all the contence In it :lol: as I would be off some where sunny to live

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Craig
15th July 2011, 02:18 PM
It's a couple from Largs that have won it... They bought the ticket in polmont ;)

ELFMAN
15th July 2011, 02:39 PM
you would not be able to hide that kind of cash and some WILL rat you out to the press

Yeah, but you could afford to have them killed... :knife: or do a 'News of the World' and buy their silence! :hand::shut up:

Mon the fish
15th July 2011, 06:26 PM
Well, judging by what I've just seen, it looks like you can have a good go at spending the money. It looks the winners have already spent half their money on pies!

EcosseGP
15th July 2011, 08:34 PM
Lol maybe a share in Pukka Pies ..

Stewart
15th July 2011, 09:13 PM
Nope.....(sent from sales desk at the Porsche showroom in Hillington :p)

Guy in a black Lambo in today?

Scottie
16th July 2011, 07:32 PM
I would actually give most of the money away to charity I would not have gone
Public either I buy a RV and travel for the next six months
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Stewart
17th July 2011, 11:50 AM
They seem nice folk, and they say they are going to give to charity so good for them. Its nice to see a Scots couple get a great win.:saltireflag:

euan
17th July 2011, 02:47 PM
They don't seem the type to let it ruin them, which is the big risk in all of this, so here's hoping they make it work for them.

You could give at least 2/3rds to charity and you'd still end up with roughly what the previous largest winners got. Makes you wonder what on earth they'll do with it!