PDA

View Full Version : The Tree of Life...

gillianmcd
13th July 2011, 12:22 AM
Hi everyone!
I just got back in from the movies where I saw "The Tree of Life" by Terrence Mallick....:popcorn:
Has anyone seen it?!?! It's THE most random movie I have ever seen! Not entirely sure what it was about!
ha ha :Whistle:

gillian :confused:

Stewart
13th July 2011, 09:59 AM
Not seen it but I did waste a few hours years ago when I seen Vanilla Skys. I came out thinking -What a load of ****

zimbo
13th July 2011, 10:18 AM
Gillian does that mean that you just wasted a couple of hours of your life that you wont get back? :Whistle:

Done that a few times myself, lost time that I'll never get back :lol:

satans little helper
13th July 2011, 05:14 PM
Not seen it but I did waste a few hours years ago when I seen Vanilla Skys. I came out thinking -What a load of ****

oh yeh i went on a date to see that! wasnt tom cruise in it? worst film ever!!!

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2011, 07:44 PM
Tree Of Life - 100 print release. Art houses and select city multiplexes only. Distributor had no confidence in it, and by the sounds of it, they were right.

A.

gillianmcd
13th July 2011, 10:24 PM
Ha ha! Thanks everyone! You have all just confirmed what I thought! My friend had to look up the net today to see what the hell it was all about! I'm still not sure..... :Whistle:

Yep. Vanilla Sky definitely gets filed into the same category / BIN!! lol

Any others?!?!

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2011, 11:37 PM
Any others?!?!

It's not terribly fair, because I haven't seen it but.... Larry Crowne isn't going down well with.... anybody really. As in... most days we don't even get a single customer for it. Now that's a box office flop.

I've tried to watch Magnolia a couple of times and fall asleep half way through. Don't understand it. Can't follow it. But it seems to be well received by critics. I wonder sometimes if they watched a different version.

A.

gillianmcd
14th July 2011, 08:04 AM
I've tried to watch Magnolia a couple of times and fall asleep half way through.A.

I've tried to watch Magnolia a couple of times and fall asleep half way through.A.

Vanilla Sky.....Magnolia..... I think Tom Cruise is trying to tell us something! He's working through the various shades of boringness! lol

About a third of the way into said Tree of Life I felt like I was watching a David Attenborough special... there were just lots of clips of nature, planets, planets burning up....oh, that's right, AND DINOSAURS. WTF?!?! Terrence Mallick is supposed to be some kind of "genius" I thought?! ha ha :Whistle:

satans little helper
14th July 2011, 04:08 PM
any steven segal movie is an epic fail imo :p

gillianmcd
14th July 2011, 09:17 PM
any steven segal movie is an epic fail imo :p

I hate that guy! lol

Stewart
14th July 2011, 11:22 PM
You see you have to take a segal movie the right way.

If you go in wanting a clever storyline, impressive acting, thought provoking or an emotional journey then you’ll be disappointed.

If you go in expecting a cheesy story, full of action and him being a one man army then it’s a easy relaxing few hours.

Basically they are all the same film. Well the early ones I enjoyed were

1988 Above the Law
1990 Hard to Kill
Marked for Death
1991 Out for Justice
1992 Under Siege
1994 On Deadly Ground

Not seen really any of the newer stuff.

“Steven segal is kicking someone’s ass at a cinema near you”

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2011, 11:34 PM
Vanilla Sky.....Magnolia..... I think Tom Cruise is trying to tell us something! He's working through the various shades of boringness! lol

TC is ok. I hate the cheesy grin though. But did you see him in Tropic Thunder? Incredible. And Collateral, excellent in that too.

Steven Segal; only really seen Under Siege and that was an excellent film for two very good reasons.:drool::yes nod::yes nod::blush:

A.:D

Big Gordy
15th July 2011, 07:30 AM
that was an excellent film for two very good reasons.:drool::yes nod::yes nod::blush:

Ahhhh the old popping out of the cake scene:rolleyes: Very nice :smilewinkgrin: