PDA

View Full Version : Rolls Royce Mini

baptie
1st July 2011, 10:30 PM
Rolls Royce Mini - Topgear news

Rolls-Royce-Mini (http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/rolls-royce-mini-costs-41k-2011-06-30?imageNo=0)

Order books open today for the 1,000-unit run, and it will debut this weekend at the Goodwood Festival of speed. At £41,000.

GCA3N
1st July 2011, 11:18 PM
Bet you it still has rattles. 41k wow.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Gismo
2nd July 2011, 04:12 AM
Interesting, an S engine with no bonnet scoop.
The interior, like the last one, to me, is hideous, whoever thought tan interiors were smart should be shot, this is defo one Mini i wouldn't buy given the cost

Stewart
2nd July 2011, 01:39 PM
Was in the Dealers there and a Cooper S nothing fancy although the inside looked like it had gone down the expensive tick box but still a S £24K.:frown:

But 41K:idunno:

GCA3N
2nd July 2011, 03:28 PM
Was in the Dealers there and a Cooper S nothing fancy although the inside looked like it had gone down the expensive tick box but still a S £24K.:frown:

But 41K:idunno:

I think id have a lower specced Jcw over a well specced cooper s.

sent from my galaxy S ll

ELFMAN
2nd July 2011, 07:22 PM
£41K? What a load of :moonie: Pretentiousness gone mad.
Rather than buying one of these, save your money and just get a T-Shirt which says
"I'm a Total D*ck" :smilewinkgrin: although you probably get one FREE with the car.

I'd take great delight in blowing it into the weeds at the first opportunity, just for a laugh. Moreover, for that sort of money I'd have a nearly new Cayman S on the road. :thumbs up:

LightningStevie
4th July 2011, 02:46 PM
Crazy crazy price. I would, however, buy it if I were to win the Euromillions tomorrow night lol

ELFMAN
4th July 2011, 04:42 PM
Crazy crazy price. I would, however, buy it if I were to win the Euromillions tomorrow night lol

I STILL wouldn't!!!

Let's face it, if you're going to throw £41K at a MINI, there are SO MANY better ways of doing it. Think of the performance and, if needs be, styling/paint mods you could have on an S/JCW for that sort of outlay. I'd have the MINI equivalent of the Porsche GT3 RS, AND it would be my own ideas - not a poncey pretentious 'off the peg' marketing gimmick.

Mon the fish
5th July 2011, 08:24 AM
^^ this. A factory JCW, with nice wheels, coilovers, corner-weighted, buckets & harnesses, and Evolve power bits to get 300bhp would still be cheaper. And look better

GCA3N
5th July 2011, 08:36 AM
^^ this. A factory JCW, with nice wheels, coilovers, corner-weighted, buckets & harnesses, and Evolve power bits to get 300bhp would still be cheaper. And look better

Agreed. I guess the only thing going for it is its depreciation which should in theory be very small.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Mon the fish
5th July 2011, 01:44 PM
The depreciation may actually be huge, as in 5 years time, what is it? Just another Mini, with different coloured bits on it. No-one will pay a premium for one with 60k on the clock over a JCW of the same age

ELFMAN
5th July 2011, 02:16 PM
Agreed. I guess the only thing going for it is its depreciation which should in theory be very small.

Yes Greig, possibly a very small fortune! :smilewinkgrin: As Mon intimated, the vast majority of people would just laugh at the price you'd be trying to recoup for what is basically, in their eyes, just a highly specced S with a posh interior. :yes nod: Be interesting to see what Trade-In you'd be offered at you local dealer after a couple of years....:blush: You could probably swap it for a new COOPER - which would be a better bet in the first place! :thumbs up:

Gismo
5th July 2011, 02:30 PM
You could do so much more to a Mini with £41k in your back pocket and make a better job than their proposed options, i'd hate to think how much either would lose driving out the showroom door :Whistle:

craigib76
13th October 2011, 04:21 PM
notice it still has the same interior door pulls and crappy plastic vents so no that posh an interior lol no way i would spend that kinda money on it i bet it weighs a ton and is about as economical as putting petrol in a camel ( notice NO CAMELS were harm'd in the making of this post)

craigib76
13th October 2011, 04:22 PM
just noticed i am very slow at getting to this post but hey ho its still far too over priced regardless of when you post!!!!

baptie
14th October 2011, 10:08 AM
I saw an Aston Martin Cygnet at a show recently, an IQ on coke basically.

£40k.......no chance!

astonmartin - cygnet (http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/cygnet)

euan
14th October 2011, 11:06 AM
I saw an Aston Martin Cygnet at a show recently, an IQ on coke basically.

£40k.......no chance!

astonmartin - cygnet (http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/cygnet)

I see loads of these as I'm often at the Gaydon site, they look really mad and just wrong. They serve a purpose, but all show and no go...