The one getting beat ;)

Gismo
27th June 2011, 03:21 PM
Impressive stuff, played well

euan
27th June 2011, 04:37 PM
The one getting beat ;)

Harsh!

Didn't see much but work do have a big plasma in the canteen with it on, saw the end of the 3rd. Looked to be playing strongly but the real competition starts now!

GCA3N
27th June 2011, 05:45 PM
Harsh!

!

:lol:

Gismo
29th June 2011, 02:08 PM
Quarter Finals today, should be another Murray victory :tennis:

N16SHP
29th June 2011, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't be so sure! Although Lopez has never beaten Murray, you don't get to the quarters by knocking out a 3 time finalist in Roddick by accident. I think Murray has it done, but the only person who can beat him is himself...

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2011, 03:56 PM
Watching the Federer/Tsonga match just now. Fed took the first two sets pretty easily. Then Tsonga found his game and took the next two. It's the final set and Tsonga has broken Fed already.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

At the end of the 2nd set John McEnroe said "I think Murray and Lopez better start limbering up. This isn't going to take long." How a match can change.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.:D

GCA3N
29th June 2011, 04:25 PM
I think Murray has it done, but the only person who can beat him is himself...

Good psychology thinking neil, I'm liking that.

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2011, 04:30 PM
That's Tsonga and Djoc through.

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
29th June 2011, 04:31 PM
What a true sportsman Fedderer is, even in defeat he waited for Tsonga's celebrations to finish and to get himself packed up and then walked off the court together, looking forward now to the Murray match

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2011, 04:59 PM
What a true sportsman Fedderer is, even in defeat he waited for Tsonga's celebrations to finish and to get himself packed up and then walked off the court together, looking forward now to the Murray match

Lenore and I were just talking aout that. We're not convinced he did the same last year when Thomas Berdych beat him. At the same time, I did think it was a Wimby rule that players must walk off together. :idunno:

A.

Gismo
29th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Sassin frassin, local channels not showing any more tennis :ragin:

N16SHP
29th June 2011, 05:28 PM

We just said the same thing in the shop, a true gentleman. After letting slip a 2 set lead, to still smile at Tsonga and wish him well and wait for him...true gent!

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2011, 07:11 PM
Cracking win from Andy.:thumbs up:

Next up in the semi's... Nadal. Again. But he's never going to win a slam without getting past at least one of Djoc, Nadal or Fed.

A.:tennis:

GCA3N
29th June 2011, 08:04 PM
Murray V Tsonga final, murray to win.

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Murray V Tsonga final, murray to win.

I have an inkling Andy will get passed Nadal and get to the final this year:thumbs up:. But I really don't think Tsonga has what it takes to get passed Djocovich. He's lost 1 match all year. The man is on fire.

gillianmcd
29th June 2011, 09:09 PM
Murray to win!!!! :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2011, 09:26 PM
Murray to win!!!! :thumbs up:

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

N16SHP
30th June 2011, 09:35 AM
I have an inkling Andy will get passed Nadal and get to the final this year:thumbs up:. But I really don't think Tsonga has what it takes to get passed Djocovich. He's lost 1 match all year. The man is on fire.

I'm tending to agree with you. We've seen a different side to Murray since the start of Queens. Very business like, no shouting at his box or moaning, but at the same time, he's yet to really be tested in any of his matches. Lubi pushed him, but not as much as the like of Nadal and Djokovic will, so if he can keep his head, I think he can take Rafa. On the other side of the draw, I think it will be a closer match than most think. Tsonga is really hitting some form right now, and when his first serve percetages are high, there are very little players can cope with it. Djokovic is not that comfortable on grass either so all in all, I'm going with Djokovic in 5. As for Murray, the only way I can see him going through is either 4 or 5 sets, can't see him taking 3 sets off Rafa with no reply.

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2011, 10:16 AM
Totally agree Neil. Murray's "attitude" has been terrific since Queens. I seem to remember his quarter final match (or maybe 4th rnd) at Roland Garros, he was down in the match and at one of the rest breaks he sat in his chair and just bellowed to the entire stadium.. "I'M SO ANGRY WITH MYSELF!!!"

He promptly got up, turned his game around and beat the other player. Since that date I haven't seen a curse or any foul language or that pained face he pulls, or the battering of the racquet off his hand causing the bleeding.

Darren Cahill and the rest of the Adidas team that are now looking after him seem to be doing a good job. Either that or someone has taken him aside and told him, "you know what, you will never win a slam with that attitude."

I also agree he has not been tested so far. Tomorrow's match will be a very different match.

I suspect Djocovich will take it in 4 or 5 sets, and I suspect Andy will take it in 5 sets.:yes nod:

A.:tennis:

Gismo
1st July 2011, 03:13 PM
And dare i say it again, come on Murray :tennis:

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2011, 05:33 PM
Not even at the end of the first set and I want to smack Andrew Castle already. :frown:

Gismo
1st July 2011, 05:41 PM
Whew, good start, 1 set up

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2011, 05:44 PM
Whew, good start, 1 set up

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Gismo
1st July 2011, 05:52 PM
I was hoping that Murray would not get steam rollered in the first game of the 2nd set, but wow, he's playing stunning tennis, Nadal doesn't know what to do........
This just may be Murray's tournament

Gismo
1st July 2011, 06:08 PM
I'm nae posting again until the end :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2011, 06:09 PM
Focus!!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2011, 07:32 PM
Well, it's no looking good. :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2011, 08:45 PM
Awwwwww FFS.

Never mind, US open season starts soon. Andy has a good record on hard courts. :)

Gismo
2nd July 2011, 04:08 AM
Hmm, sad to say that once he went 2 - 1 down i switched off, i can't bear to watch him suffer the way he does.
Nadal obviously picked up a gear but some of Murray's returns were very poor, ah well, he did great to get to the semi's........roll on next year