PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger

Gismo
26th June 2011, 08:32 AM
Any MSN Messenger users out there??
For the past few days i've not been able to log in, i keep getting the 8100030d error.
I've trawled countless threads and Googled it to death.
I've uninstalled, edited the registry, removed the contacts details, deleted the cache, re-installed numerous versions all to no avail.

Seems anyone who has ever had this problem has never really fixed it.

Microsoft are a joke, simply reply with their normal message, they must be frikkin blind to the whole world community who cannot log into their system

I have to stick with MSN cause the kids and everyone i ever talk to use it, so, no advice on using another type of service or a Mac :lol:

If i sign in with any other username i create it works ok!

I really don't want to have to format to restore messenger, nae happy :ragin:

zimbo
27th June 2011, 02:44 PM
Mine seems to be ok Alan :idunno:

Gismo
28th June 2011, 08:19 AM
I'm not saying that everyone has this problem, MSN is working, problem comes when you get the log in error i am getting cause it's directly linked somehow to your own PC and your own username and directly to your contacts, if you create a new username it works ok, but, Microsoft don't accept there is a problem and just give you the usual crap.
Try googling it to see how many people have the problem.

Very frustrating as it's the only real method i have of contacting the wife and kids while stuck in remote areas, still got 2 weeks left to go on my trip :ragin:

So, if anyone knows of a cure, other than a format, it would be greatly appreciated

Bazthemod
28th June 2011, 09:12 AM
Can u not even get logged in using a web messenger system like ebuddy in the mean time?

Gismo
28th June 2011, 09:28 AM
Can u not even get logged in using a web messenger system like ebuddy in the mean time?Yep, i can, but no video??