PDA

View Full Version : Beam deflectors for headlights?

rabhrab
24th June 2011, 03:29 PM
Hi, I have a set of self adhesive headlight beam deflectors (Halfords) that I was thinking about using on my R56 Xenons, as I am off to France shortly.
However, I cannot find the fitting guides for them. Do any of you know if these will do the job on my lights and if they will, where should should they be stuck! Be kind with you answers please!:hand:

euan
24th June 2011, 03:35 PM
I'd try and find the lever first ;-)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/second-generation-mini-exterior/156274-r55-r56-xeons-switching-left-hand-side-dipped-beam.html

I tried the stickers on my R53, worked to a degree (but you're not supposed to use them on Xenons because of the heat apparently). To be honest, if it's summer you're going you are unlikely to need the lights unless you're doing a lot of night driving.

euan
24th June 2011, 03:36 PM
To further the fitting guide aspect - I parked the car against a wall and kind of moved them around until they looked like they were in the right place. Not very scientific I'm afraid!

rabhrab
24th June 2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the link Euan, it's as clear as mud! I'm off out to look for the wee white lever!