PDA

View Full Version : M4XNS - Maxine , Altens Aberdeen

MartinSullivan
28th July 2004, 09:10 PM
Very shiny Dark Silver Cooper S, got a wave, flash and smile :D

M4XNS
29th July 2004, 12:33 AM
Hi Martin,

Passed ur motor earlier this morning on the way to find Tint haus. Obviously I was a bit lost as your work is the other end of the Road.:I

That was me just picking my baby up again with the windows done at last. Very pleased with it, nice and subtle and Legal-ish !!!!!!!!

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 01:00 AM
No comments about women and directions :p

Tints looked nice, looks good against the dark silver. Cant decide if it would look good on electric blue

Someone in this thread was looking for tint places in aberdeen, maybe you should let him know about tint haus

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2242

AberdeenMini
29th July 2004, 02:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Tints looked nice, looks good against the dark silver. Cant decide if it would look good on electric blue

Someone in this thread was looking for tint places in aberdeen, maybe you should let him know about tint haus

Thanks Martin that was post and i checked out Tinthaus. M4XNS can i ask what tints you got? I was considering medium on the front two and dark on the rear and back.

Nenah
29th July 2004, 04:05 AM

Thanks for the link - I've got my back windows done on order but now want my front ones tinted too (legal) - you should get a commission from the garage for all the mini business youve sent his way!:)

Julz
29th July 2004, 04:24 PM

I have 35% tints on mine if that helps!!:p

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 04:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Doh, yeah sorry Julz - forgot you had tints on your car. I guess tints look great on an Electric Blue then :D

Julz
29th July 2004, 05:38 PM
Yup, I thought it made a big difference, the car seems to look sleeker!! Plus, it keeps the interior a bit cooler on our occasional sunny day!!:cool::D

Nenah
29th July 2004, 05:52 PM

It most certainly does! Cheers Julz - I called the guy up today at Gordons Garage but they no longer have the company come up to Aberdeen to do the tints. I'm booked into the Tint House at Althens for next Wednesday. :cool:

Julz
29th July 2004, 06:49 PM
Tint Haus are definately the peeps to go with, unfortunately I didn't, but that doesn't stop me recommending them too!!;):D

Nenah
29th July 2004, 06:52 PM

Tint Haus are definately the peeps to go with, unfortunately I didn't, but that doesn't stop me recommending them too!!;):D

Good to know they are the bomb - I had a car tinted in Sydney and the tint bubbled..awful look 7 costly to fix!:mad:

Gismo
29th July 2004, 09:24 PM
I have seen many tinted cars with the factory dark tint on the rear and aftermarket lighter legal on the front on some mini runs down south.
In my opinion it does not look good, it's legal, but dosn't do the car justice, if you can your best to have the entire car done aftermarket with the legal 25 per cent all round, front screen excepted :cool:

Nenah
29th July 2004, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I have seen many tinted cars with the factory dark tint on the rear and aftermarket lighter legal on the front on some mini runs down south.
In my opinion it does not look good, it's legal, but dosn't do the car justice, if you can your best to have the entire car done aftermarket with the legal 25 per cent all round, front screen excepted :cool:

thaks for the tip - i'll keep my eyes out for cars with tints and see if what I prefer - Tint Hause did say they would go darker if I was willing to take the risk

Julz
29th July 2004, 10:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM
Tint Hause did say they would go darker if I was willing to take the risk

My honest opinion is your car would look chocadoobie (yes, that is a word, we Googled it to find out and it came from a Kinder ad and I can't stop saying it!!8)) with all the windows dark, but it depends on your bravery levels!!;):p

Nenah
29th July 2004, 10:34 PM
Very chocadoobie - think I can risk it, I'll just have to flutter my eyelashes extra fast at the police if I get stopped!

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 10:36 PM

Very chocadoobie - think I can risk it, I'll just have to flutter my eyelashes extra fast at the police if I get stopped!

Nenah, you beat me to that one - by about 10 seconds :D Sure it would work just as well with Police as it did with MMM ;)

Nenah
29th July 2004, 10:48 PM

Nenah, you beat me to that one - by about 10 seconds :D Sure it would work just as well with Police as it did with MMM ;)

Yep, get's works every time...at least so far!;)

Julz
29th July 2004, 10:55 PM
I would have to agree with that, although a short skirt often helps too!!:eek::kiss:

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 10:58 PM
Not with my legs it doesnt :eek:

M4XNS
30th July 2004, 05:03 AM
Just for the record it was my husband reading the ditrections so there:p

Got a grade 2 Tint on all windows which looks the Dogs, I think !! Did think bout getting darker on the back but wanted it to look consistent.

Only prob I've notioced so far is you feel a bit daft wearing sunglasses and boy do I have sunglasses !!:cool:

Oh and remember when they say don't put your window down for three days, that includes getting a ticket in Trinity car park, DOH !!

Sheilz
30th July 2004, 06:18 AM
I ordered factory tints without asking anything about it. I assumed it meant all the windows except the windscreen would look the same! Wont they? If not, why not?
:eek: