PDA

View Full Version : Dash upgrade (US)

X30YES
28th July 2004, 04:36 PM
Have you seen this ? Air vents are removed at the speedo http://community.webshots.com/photo/54420865/167937413EjKPps :cool:

Big Col
28th July 2004, 04:46 PM
Isn't that just a personal mod to pop in some gauges:question:

Heather
28th July 2004, 04:53 PM
Your right Col, seen these for sale on american sites.

X30YES
28th July 2004, 04:53 PM
Yes I think so ...still looks good though
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Isn't that just a personal mod to pop in some gauges:question:

MartinSullivan
28th July 2004, 05:04 PM
Coolnew UK sell them - I think Sheilz has bought some and is looking for someone to fit them when her new car arrives

Julz
28th July 2004, 05:09 PM
Yup, they're from cool new, I want a set, but I need to save up the pennies first!!:(

Big Col
28th July 2004, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Yup, they're from cool new, I want a set, but I need to save up the pennies first!!:(

Yeah well you would go and buy a house wouldn't you?? <tuts> :)

X30YES
28th July 2004, 11:12 PM
£170 from coolnew....ouch!, still they look good !!

Julz
28th July 2004, 11:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Yeah well you would go and buy a house wouldn't you?? <tuts> :)

Hey, we did it for the kids, we've got a lovely double garage now you see!!:clown:

Sheilz
29th July 2004, 06:40 AM
Yes I did order these but am having problems with the whole thig. The money left my account but Newcool have not acknowledged my order. I've contacted them three times but nothing doing. I'm not really sure how to go about getting my money back. This company uses Worldpay. When I tried to contact them the email was sent to Newcool. The gauges were expensive £209 so I really wouldn't advise anyone else going there at the moment. I think the problem arose when I tried to press the final button in the buying process - payment made prior to this - and found that the page to finalize the whole thing wouldn't do what it was supposed to. I thinK I would have had to send them back anyway since I'm having graphite finish rather than the chrome. I'd made the order before it clicked the gauges would be chrome. All the same I think these would look pretty smart. I'm driving a Polo just now and it must rank as the most boring car in the world. The interior is hideous. Cant wait to get Hamish back Friday.:(:(

X30YES
29th July 2004, 04:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your probs re Newcool ...I was about to buy the same :eek:lucky I read this before hand ...do you have a choice of trim when ordering or is it take it or leave it ,and think the ones in the picture are Pure silver :question: The Dealer will not fit them as they are not 'Mini'genuine parts they told me !
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Yes I did order these but am having problems with the whole thig. The money left my account but Newcool have not acknowledged my order. I've contacted them three times but nothing doing. I'm not really sure how to go about getting my money back. This company uses Worldpay. When I tried to contact them the email was sent to Newcool. The gauges were expensive £209 so I really wouldn't advise anyone else going there at the moment. I think the problem arose when I tried to press the final button in the buying process - payment made prior to this - and found that the page to finalize the whole thing wouldn't do what it was supposed to. I thinK I would have had to send them back anyway since I'm having graphite finish rather than the chrome. I'd made the order before it clicked the gauges would be chrome. All the same I think these would look pretty smart. I'm driving a Polo just now and it must rank as the most boring car in the world. The interior is hideous. Cant wait to get Hamish back Friday.:(:(

Gismo
29th July 2004, 09:02 PM
Sheilz, the payment will show on your credit card statement and to whom it was made payable to, simply fax this to CoolNew.
Also, contact your bank for confrimation itemising your payment

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 09:49 PM
Sheilz, if your gauges do turn up and you decide you dont like them in your new car I'll take them off your hands at full price.

Hope you get it resolved one way or another

Sheilz
30th July 2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the info/advice. i sent them another email. They didn't respond to it but did email a list of their summer sales instead!:blackeye:

X30YES
30th July 2004, 02:14 PM
Have read a few post's here about Coolnew ...and not very good ones either !! , Might be interested also in the gauges Sheilz ..... I'm sure you will be able to sell them ....and will up Martin's offer by a wee flag for the new car :Dwill this be the start of an auction !!!:p

MartinSullivan
30th July 2004, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

....and will up Martin's offer by a wee flag for the new car :Dwill this be the start of an auction !!!:p

X30YES, I raise you - asking price, a wee flag for the new car and a polo mint :cool:

Scottie
30th July 2004, 05:04 PM
Sheilz,

I have bought a couple of things from cool new. I've had a problem everytime the last being the chrome scoop that I bought paid for and arrived about four months later. However it has now been sent back and I have received a full refund.

I always phoned them never ordered through the internet site.

X30YES
31st July 2004, 01:28 AM
Hey Martin you must be 'Minted'....:I well you started it !

Sheilz
31st July 2004, 02:47 AM
Surprise, surprise, I got a response today from them. I think it might have been the fact I mentioned knowing a few mini enthusiasts who were interested in how I got on!! Anyway I have been promised a refund since they are chrome and not the desired graphite. Now if that had been a packet of polos - you cheap skate - I might've kept them! Hopefully they wont take too long to refund my dosh. Need every penny I have to give to John Clark on Weds/Thurs:D:D:D

X30YES
31st July 2004, 06:00 PM
Did they give you an option re colour etc when ordering ?

Sheilz
1st August 2004, 01:35 AM
No. The fact that they were chrome and not graphite was entirely my own mistake. I think all their stuff is chrome which is a shame. If anyoen comes across these I'd appreciate knowing about it. Iwas concerned about their lack of communications, especially when a lot of money is involved.