PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 2011

zimbo
13th June 2011, 09:05 AM
Anyone else watch any of this? I only managed to watch bits and pieces over the weekend and caught the highlights on another programme about Alan McNish' spectacular crash early on in the race, I was like :thud: when I saw it, how no-one was injured or even killed is a miracle in itself, with the photographers etc all running for their lives :frown:

Just goes to show how strong those proto-type racecars are for Alan to walk away from it unscathed if a bit stunned. :Whistle:

euan
13th June 2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I watched a fair bit. Superb racing at the end, the Pug and the Audi were really well matched for pace. Closest finish since the 60s I think!

Some crashes though, I think the other one was probably worse but as it was at night you can't really see what was going on. It must have been scarier at night though. You just wonder if McNish would have walked away last year when they had open cockpits.

He has a habit of getting in big accidents in Le Mans, wasn't it him that went flying into the trees on the Mulsanne a few years ago?

Big Gordy
13th June 2011, 12:01 PM
He has a habit of getting in big accidents in Le Mans, wasn't it him that went flying into the trees on the Mulsanne a few years ago?

Was that not another Scotsman...Johnny Drumbreck :confused:

euan
13th June 2011, 01:41 PM
Was that not another Scotsman...Johnny Drumbreck :confused:

That's it, he and Webber crashed in similar ways in the Merc (though as Webber did it in practice nobody ever remembers it!)

Burple
13th June 2011, 04:11 PM
Just in case you didn't see it...

3vJf2SpMg-8

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

how close was that wheel too the guy just wandering away???

GCA3N
13th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Wowsers. Lots of lucky bystanders there. The car was only a foot from going over the barriers too.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Big Gordy
13th June 2011, 07:43 PM
How about this one........
Mark Higgins in a Subaru WRX STi starting a lap of the Isle of Man TT course.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9jSYiU-JdRw

Maxxed Ross
13th June 2011, 08:08 PM
that lift-off over steer is killer!

GCA3N
13th June 2011, 08:17 PM
Such a good recovery there.

euan
15th June 2011, 01:18 PM
Here's a photo of the second Audi crash at the weekend. Doesn't look to be much left, but how well has the cell held up!

http://a.yfrog.com/img736/2875/wopv.jpg

stoney
15th June 2011, 02:42 PM
holly crap !!!!!