PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone MotoGP

Gismo
11th June 2011, 11:43 AM
Hmm, Stoner at the front again and Rossi really struggling, the qualifying will be very interesting.

Can't help but think that Rossi won't accept not having the potential to win races and stay if there isn't a big turnaround by the end of the season, unless the 2012 bike is much better.

In any event, it'll be an interesting race as will the 125 and Moto2 :biker:

EcosseGP
11th June 2011, 12:32 PM
Going to be an interesting weekend obviously weather permitting .. Although that could well play into the hands of "side show Bob" ..
Stoner certainly coming back into form although not too sure that some are off their game rather than Stoner being above his ..
Rossi will be struggling to get anything this year at all & it shows .. There's no way Rossi has got that bad in a few months & unless the new Ducati is going to significantly better than his current bike he'll struggle to get above 7th overall this season .. I think unless Rossi see's that there'll be some significant chance of keeping up with the Honda's then he might want to leave ..

Gismo
11th June 2011, 03:26 PM
Well, Rossi aint gonna be happy with that :sad:
Hard luck for Crutchlow too, broken collarbone, he'll be out for a few weeks and just when he was rising up the board as well

zimbo
11th June 2011, 10:14 PM
Mmmm tomorrows race is going to be interesting :yes nod:, cant believe how Stoner takes that last corner, leaning right over over the kerb at full pelt!!! :thud:

Sideshow bob is going to give stoner a run for his money this weekend I reckon :thumbs up:

Real shame about Cal crashing out when he did :frown: at least it wasnt anything more serious.

Gismo
12th June 2011, 05:27 AM
With Pedrosa and Crutchlow out it makes the fantasy predictions on who will be in the top 15 easier :lol: only 15 riders, so, just gotta work on who will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc :biker:

EcosseGP
12th June 2011, 10:14 AM
I think the weather could play a big part in the finishing order today .. Wet
1. Simoncelli
2. Stoner
3. Lorenzo
Dry
1. Lorenzo
2. Stoner
3. Spies/Dovizioso
Don't think Rossi will even get close today going by practice laps yesterday .. Although if it starts dry then rains could be interesting if bike changes are required ..

Gismo
12th June 2011, 10:46 AM
I think the weather could play a big part in the finishing order today .. Wet
1. Simoncelli
2. Stoner
3. Lorenzo
Dry
1. Lorenzo
2. Stoner
3. Spies/Dovizioso
Don't think Rossi will even get close today going by practice laps yesterday .. Although if it starts dry then rains could be interesting if bike changes are required ..Did you register for the fantasy league on MotoGP.com? good fun :thumbs up:
Rossi crashed during this mornings warm up, be lucky if he gets in the top 8, depends on whether others crash in front of him and he stays upright

Gismo
12th June 2011, 12:08 PM
Fantastic Moto2 race and am wondering if i change my MotoGP predictions :idunno:

EcosseGP
12th June 2011, 12:42 PM
No not registered for the fantasy league but maybe should've !! Been good fun if nothing else .. Yeah Rossi down in the wet for no apparent reason straight line braking in the wet shouldn't cause you to come off .. Not like Rossi just shows how temperamental the bike has been this season so far .. Watched Rossi interview who admits that the Ducati is difficult to ride which says something especially coming from Rossi .. Says he fancies a shot at the world superbikes is that him admitting defeat now on the Ducati ?

Gismo
12th June 2011, 12:44 PM
Not like Rossi just shows how temperamental the bike has been this season so far ..Hmm, i think that bike is very hard to control and so far Stoner has been the only one to be able to ride it consistantly

EcosseGP
12th June 2011, 01:56 PM
Well feel it for Lorenzo & Simoncelli both lost it on a bit of standing water & nothing more .. Still sure Simoncelli had he stayed on would've given Stoner a run for his money ..
Still Stoner does what he does best & rides a steady race for 3rd win of the season.
Top result for Edwards especially due to his battered condition ..
Looking at the result can't help thinking that could easily have been Honda clean sweep had Pedrosa been involved ..
Roll on Assen in 2 weeks time ..

zimbo
13th June 2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah that race played havoc on my fantasy league results, BUT I still moved up 70 places into 151 over all :clap: lets hope it keeps getting closer to the double then single numerals :thumbs up:

That race was just unbelievable, Stoner for me was :Whistle: how he managed to keep upright and get a huge lead AND lap a couple of the tail enders will baffle me for ever!!! That Honda just seems to have SO much grip even in the wet :thud: there just seems yo be no stopping him at the moment. Real shame that sideshow Bob fell off coz I still think he would have given Stoner a run for his money, the only thing that worried me about Lorenzo crashing was how it was going to affect my Fantasy league results, and it did with him, simo and Spies crashing out, but I still no bad with the results :idunno: (what can you do).

Edwards did an amazing job considering his physical condition, rider of the day for me :clap:

Big Gordy
13th June 2011, 12:07 PM
:sheep: Did you see how far they both slid....:thud:
The problem with the Ducati is it doesn't have a frame as such:popcorn: The engine is the frame with the steering head and swinging arm bolted on to it so it doesn't flex at all :frown:

Penny Louise
14th June 2011, 04:07 PM
Well we had an amazing time at Silverstone this weekend!! Cant believe how good the weather was on Saturday for the qualifying - shame Crutchlow missed out on the qualifier!! Weather was RUBBISH on Sunday, was really gutted and I really felt it for the riders who came off - we were in the international pit straight stand so we seen both crashes up close and it wasn't nice to see! Just glad they both walked away from it.

My first experience at the Moto GP at Silverstone was one to remember!! The noise at the start line and the atmosphere of all the fans in the grandstand was unreal!! I was a bit of a noob to it all (so kept asking my other half questions which were stupid apparently lol) but still well done to Stoner and well done to Rossi for finishing 6th!

Big Gordy
14th June 2011, 06:25 PM
What about wee Bradley Smiffs charge from 28th on the grid to 2nd in Moto2:thud::clap:OUTSTANDING bike control in those conditions IMO..!!
Ride of the year so far for me:yes nod: Guy could go far:thumbs up:

Gismo
14th June 2011, 07:07 PM
What about wee Bradley Smiffs charge from 28th on the grid to 2nd in Moto2:thud::clap:OUTSTANDING bike control in those conditions IMO..!!
Ride of the year so far for me:yes nod: Guy could go far:thumbs up:Been supporting him since he started in 125's, in his fan club and also bought some of his merchandise

zimbo
15th June 2011, 10:17 AM
Missd the 125s and the Moto2 guys due to working, glad to hear that bradders had a good result :thumbs up: