PDA

View Full Version : 2D v 3D Films

Neil - TXJ
11th June 2011, 11:30 AM
Planning to take my kids to see Kung-fu Panda 2 this afternoon (at my excellent local cinema in Galashiels) but the question is 2D or 3D?

Simple answer for me is 2D, I don't think I have seen any film where 3D has made a significant difference apart from being uncomfortable with the glasses on. I accept some of the 3D in Avatar was good but even with the 3D wouldn't rush to se it again.

Thoughts and does anyone think it is worth the premium?

Neil

Gismo
11th June 2011, 11:40 AM
Like you i liked the 3d of Avatar, it "felt" right and not too intrusive yet giving a feeling of certain elements of being 3D, but, i find the glasses a real pain to wear and got uncomfortable for the length of Avatar.
So far every movie i've watched at my local cinema i've opted for 2D and not really regretted it.
Obviously can't say what the movie would have been like in 3D but i know i was able to watch the film in peace :thumbs up:

silver spirit
11th June 2011, 11:46 AM
For kids maybe yes ? It's the same as HD or not a 56inch tv or a small screen ? I still watch a movie on my iPhone and at the end I have still seen the movie My grandkids will tell me all the benefits of the latest tecnoligey so I suppose its down to personal taste.

silver spirit
11th June 2011, 11:54 AM
Sorry about the spelling ( Technology ) even with spellcheck I still get it wrong 3 grandchildren under 6 tugging at my leg great life

Neil and Lorna
11th June 2011, 01:18 PM
Planning to take my kids to see Kung-fu Panda 2 this afternoon (at my excellent local cinema in Galashiels) but the question is 2D or 3D?

Simple answer for me is 2D, I don't think I have seen any film where 3D has made a significant difference apart from being uncomfortable with the glasses on. I accept some of the 3D in Avatar was good but even with the 3D wouldn't rush to se it again.

Thoughts and does anyone think it is worth the premium?

Neil

Its all down to personal preference. For me I'd go for 3D makes it a different experience.
The 3D system we use in Galashiels is in our opinion better than the ones you'll get in multiplexes.

So remember and say hi when your here.

Neil and Lorna. :popcorn::popcorn:

G17RDY
11th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Mmm depends really, but after the initial novelty of 3D, i don't really notice. What does get to me is wearing the 3D glasses on top of my normal glasses.

It used to bother me that they did not cater for children and they had to wear the adult glasses which didn't prove to be good at all, but the last time we went, they had the kids ones, so it worked out better.
My 4 year old however kept taking the glasses off and ended up watching the film all blurry.

I think overall, if and when i go back to the cinema, i'll just see the film in 2D, i don't think the 3D is really worth the extra cost - purely because wearing glasses is mince!

Neil and Lorna
11th June 2011, 02:40 PM
Mmm depends really, but after the initial novelty of 3D, i don't really notice. What does get to me is wearing the 3D glasses on top of my normal glasses.

It used to bother me that they did not cater for children and they had to wear the adult glasses which didn't prove to be good at all, but the last time we went, they had the kids ones, so it worked out better.
My 4 year old however kept taking the glasses off and ended up watching the film all blurry.

I think overall, if and when i go back to the cinema, i'll just see the film in 2D, i don't think the 3D is really worth the extra cost - purely because wearing glasses is mince!

We get more people coming out saying "that was fantastic" than complaining about the glasses.
The glasses are an issue with small children though. Due to the fact they don't tend to keep them on.

Neil.:popcorn::popcorn: