PDA

View Full Version : Took a wee visit to the dealers.

GCA3N
10th June 2011, 07:17 PM
well went to perth today to get the polish marks off the light and decided to also pay a visit to my local dealer.

The main or initial reason was because my 10 month old JCW has a steering wheel that IMO is not wearing well. The alcantara has worn where I grip the wheel.

Anyway manager came out and seriously this is what he said

"ok sir show me what is the problem"

"oh yeh I see not good, ok we'll get a new alcantar JCW steering wheel ordered , should be here beginning of next week"

For the time it took you to read that was how long it took for them to say ok. Brilliant I though, then I saw this.......

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-06-10130503-1.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-06-10130516-1.jpg

All I can say is I am glad Kim was there....anyway we'll see.

Forbes
10th June 2011, 08:13 PM
Get one!!!

GCA3N
10th June 2011, 08:54 PM
NA mines in better.

G17RDY
10th June 2011, 08:57 PM
You'd miss your MINI too much!

Take a long drive round some nice twisty wee roads and have a think about it!!

GCA3N
10th June 2011, 08:58 PM
You'd miss your MINI too much!

Take a long drive round some nice twisty wee roads and have a think about it!!

I agree gonna take something very special to get me out my mini.

Gismo
11th June 2011, 05:55 AM
Oh boy, i want one i want one :thumbs up:

Edit: not sure of the price in the UK but, it starts at a little over $46k plus 7 per cent tax

GCA3N
11th June 2011, 09:41 AM
I am sure they are listed at £40K but BMW being BMW I am guessing your gonna have to chuck atleast 5K at it before it gets to a half decent spec.

Neil - TXJ
11th June 2011, 09:58 AM
£45k is a lot of money for a 1 series! Great car but (and can't believe I am saying this) but do you need this much power on our roads. I am not convinced you can use it, I struggle to make regular use of all the power of my S let alone a JCW or the 1M!

The Dogfather
11th June 2011, 09:59 AM
£45k is a lot of money for a 1 series! Great car but (and can't believe I am saying this) but do you need this much power on our roads. I am not convinced you can use it, I struggle to make regular use of all the power of my S let alone a JCW or the 1M!

you need to get up to the roads in the North :D

GCA3N
11th June 2011, 10:09 AM
It's a nice car but it for me won't turn heads imo. Be honest i'd rather spend the cash and buy another mini for the missus.

stoney
11th June 2011, 10:25 AM
its a very nice car !!!! but love my mini to much to even think about selling it :)

Gismo
11th June 2011, 11:26 AM
Oh dear, ok, so, we all love our Mini's cause of the way they drive, go kart style handling pointy go kinda thing :thumbs up:
The 1M is a different beast, rear wheel drive, imagine the power slides etc :motoring:
Different kind of fun :Whistle:

silver spirit
11th June 2011, 11:28 AM
Spending lots of cash on a car doesnt garentee satisfaction ? My last 2 cars cost over 90,000 and I must admit the 730 sport was fantastic on a long motorway journey but wasn't great round town ! I get more all round enjoyment from my mini I think you should enjoy wot ever car you have as long as it meets your needs.

Neil - TXJ
11th June 2011, 11:44 AM
Oh dear, ok, so, we all love our Mini's cause of the way they drive, go kart style handling pointy go kinda thing :thumbs up:
The 1M is a different beast, rear wheel drive, imagine the power slides etc :motoring:

Would lover to have a go at getting the back end out of a 1M but I have not got the skills to be doing this on public roads. Have grown up with front wheel drive and still my preference, would not try to agrue they handle better as accept they don't but it is what I know and feel comfortable.

zimbo
11th June 2011, 10:06 PM
Well I've been driving minis now since 2002 and well lets just say that If I got the chance and the cash to do so I would trade my mini for a 1M in a heartbeat :yes nod:

...guess I'm lucky then that all the ones in the UK have already been sold and I also dont have the money :sad: might have to go for a ride with Brian sometime after he has got his :clap:

Gismo
12th June 2011, 05:30 AM
All I can say is I am glad Kim was there

Well Ali i wouldn't swap my works for one of them. Seriously they are nice but love my mini too muchAre you confused cause i know I am :Whistle:

GCA3N
12th June 2011, 08:17 AM
Your easy to.confuse Alan. ;)

The point is its stunning and i am impulsive. Kim reminded me of this.

sent from my galaxy S ll

stoney
12th June 2011, 08:21 AM

thats true but still need some thing more practical for my 2nd car will be a diesel burner :lol:

badwolf340
12th June 2011, 04:11 PM

Had more power in my JCW and the 1M will be getting some more as well :thumbs up:

badwolf340
12th June 2011, 04:15 PM
Well I've been driving minis now since 2002 and well lets just say that If I got the chance and the cash to do so I would trade my mini for a 1M in a heartbeat :yes nod:

...guess I'm lucky then that all the ones in the UK have already been sold and I also dont have the money :sad: might have to go for a ride with Brian sometime after he has got his :clap:
no probs ali :motoring:

badwolf340
12th June 2011, 04:17 PM
Well Ali i wouldn't swap my works for one of them. Seriously they are nice but love my mini too much.

sent from my galaxy S ll

had a JCW and loved it and may oneday come back to MINI ,but 1M is in a diff ball game and class

zimbo
13th June 2011, 08:36 AM
no probs ali :motoring:

:drool: WooHoo... :cool:

RyanK
13th June 2011, 10:14 AM
Greig. Get on it! One of 450 iirc?

euan
13th June 2011, 10:41 AM
The thing with the 1 series is that, while it's not exactly a looker, it does look much better with the bigger arches etc. It's also perfect size for UK roads, narrow, not too long so it's easy to park. Would be a very easy car to live with I suspect.

I might be more tempted to get a used M3 for the same money though, if only for the engine being NA.