PDA

View Full Version : Misligned bonnet

jockserb
9th June 2011, 07:24 PM
Mini cooper 2 weeks old, bonnet misligned drivers side,noticed when lifting bonnet up the 2 bolts driver side on hinge that secures bonnet ...have been slightly rounded the paint on the bolts has been removed Ie with socket.......If I had noticed this before picking car up I would have refused it........What now??????

EcosseGP
9th June 2011, 08:04 PM
Dealer or private ? New or used ? If it was private deal think you'll just need to get it to the garage & have them sort it .. If it's a dealer new or used I would just take it back & point it out to them .. Be honest & stay calm saying you've just noticed the problem & you'd like it sorted I'm sure it'll be a ten minute job & if they value your custom they'll sort it .. If not kick up **** Well thats what I would do !!

Craig
9th June 2011, 08:27 PM
Dealer or private ? New or used ? If it was private deal think you'll just need to get it to the garage & have them sort it .. If it's a dealer new or used I would just take it back & point it out to them .. Be honest & stay calm saying you've just noticed the problem & you'd like it sorted I'm sure it'll be a ten minute job & if they value your custom they'll sort it .. If not kick up **** Well thats what I would do !!

Just as he says ;)

jockserb
9th June 2011, 08:47 PM
Waited 6 weeks for delivery from Bmw dealer ,there was a scratch on bonnet ,though turned blind eye to this.Im sure the guys who prepared my car new of this problem with bonnet as they have damaged the paint on the 2 bolts that hold the hinge..........

KenL
9th June 2011, 09:45 PM
I do not see why you can't reject it if that is what you really want to do.

Why not write a politely but strongly worded letter to the dealer principle telling them to fix it so it is perfect or you will reject it.

Gismo
10th June 2011, 07:36 AM
Just as he says ;)Ditto