PDA

View Full Version : Complete Mini Noob!

Glorious
9th June 2011, 02:58 PM
Hi there,

I picked up my first Mini a few weeks ago, an 08 Cooper Diesel. 50K on the clock so obviously had quite a life so far, but we needed a second car and I had my heart set on it. BRG as well and I always wanted one in that colour so chuffed.

Based in South Edinburgh. Will probably be pestering folk on here for advice/info as I've never owned a Mini before.

Looking foward to digging around the forums.
Cheers!:thumbs up:

EcosseGP
9th June 2011, 03:27 PM
Welcome along .. South Edinburgh where about's .. I'm in Falkirk but mates in Edinburgh (Stockbridge) & Wester Hailes

MINI William
9th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Welcome along to NMS. Im just outside Edinburgh will have to keep an eye out for you :thumbs up:

JOHN MILNE
9th June 2011, 04:40 PM
:welcome::thumbs up:

silver spirit
9th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Failte Gu N. M. Alba .

GCA3N
9th June 2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome along. Pester away for any advice you want.

Craig
9th June 2011, 05:36 PM
:welcome:

Friendly bunch we are so ask away ;)

G17RDY
9th June 2011, 05:56 PM
Hello, welcome to NMS!

RobSco
9th June 2011, 06:06 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

gillianmcd
9th June 2011, 10:43 PM
Hi there,

Based in South Edinburgh.

Cheers!:thumbs up:

Hey there! Welcome! I live in Edinburgh too so will hopefully see you around! :)

Mini Ecosse
10th June 2011, 05:16 AM
Hi :welcome:

Gismo
10th June 2011, 07:26 AM

Colin
10th June 2011, 09:37 AM

SuperCooperS
10th June 2011, 07:59 PM
Hey Noob, welcome along, youll have to get some pics of your car up.. see if we can spot you about some time

Duncan Stewart
12th June 2011, 06:31 PM

Glorious
13th June 2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the welcome messages guys!

I have had the car 2 weeks and washed it for the first time yesterday....just an hour before it tipped down! Took some pics on my phone so will post one up tonight, but will need to take some with my DSLR.

There's not too much to get excited about - unbadged Cooper D with Pepper pack. Really fancy the black stripes over the bonnet to go with the BRG colour though. Where would be the best place to get this done in Edinburgh? I'm presuming Peter Vardy at Seafield?

Cheers! :)

GCA3N
13th June 2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks for all the welcome messages guys!

I have had the car 2 weeks and washed it for the first time yesterday....just an hour before it tipped down! Took some pics on my phone so will post one up tonight, but will need to take some with my DSLR.

There's not too much to get excited about - unbadged Cooper D with Pepper pack. Really fancy the black stripes over the bonnet to go with the BRG colour though. Where would be the best place to get this done in Edinburgh? I'm presuming Peter Vardy at Seafield?

Cheers! :)

I can do them mate, a lot cheaper than the dealers and just as good.

Glorious
13th June 2011, 02:55 PM
I can do them mate, a lot cheaper than the dealers and just as good.

Sounds good mate - I'll PM you tonight.

Also, I want to get my keys wrapped and know several other Mini drivers in the office - will try and drum up some business for you!

GCA3N
13th June 2011, 03:04 PM
Sounds good mate - I'll PM you tonight.

Also, I want to get my keys wrapped and know several other Mini drivers in the office - will try and drum up some business for you!

Sounds good mate. I'll pm you my mob number if you need to chat.

SimonC
13th June 2011, 10:23 PM
Welcome - I am Edinburgh too :)

Penny Louise
14th June 2011, 03:54 PM
Welcome - I'm just outside Edinburgh too!

The Enrique's
14th June 2011, 06:07 PM
Welcome.... see you around!

Glorious
14th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Cheers guys - I just pranged my Verso into a Vectra :(

Just bumper stuff, but I left my number on the window so just waiting for the phone call :(

GCA3N
14th June 2011, 08:17 PM

Just bumper stuff, but I left my number on the window so just waiting for the phone call :(

Very honest of you most i think would not have bothered. Hope its sorted quickly without much cost to you.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Gismo
15th June 2011, 04:47 AM

Just bumper stuff, but I left my number on the window so just waiting for the phone call :(Good on ya for leaving your number, as Greig said, hardly anyone would have owned up :thumbs up:

Glorious
15th June 2011, 10:01 AM
Someone did that to me once and it wasn't appreciated - wouldn't want someone else to go through that.

Ended up heading back out and meeting the guy face to face - he was very good about it and appreciated me getting in touch. Hopefully no more than a few hundred quid so I can avoid the insurance claim - but that's my bonnet stripes on hold for a while :(

GCA3N
15th June 2011, 10:35 AM
Someone did that to me once and it wasn't appreciated - wouldn't want someone else to go through that.

Ended up heading back out and meeting the guy face to face - he was very good about it and appreciated me getting in touch. Hopefully no more than a few hundred quid so I can avoid the insurance claim - but that's my bonnet stripes on hold for a while :(

Give me a shout in 2 weeks when I get back I am sure we can sort something out.