PDA

View Full Version : Insurance company recommendations.

GCA3N
7th June 2011, 06:15 PM
With my renewal up in 3 weeks with chris Knott insurance, I won't be renewing for obvious reasons, can anyone recommend a good insurance company that will actually do the job they are supposed to.

stoney
7th June 2011, 06:51 PM
Try green light they where good with me in the past

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

GCA3N
7th June 2011, 06:53 PM
cheers rob.

weefossy
7th June 2011, 10:24 PM
We have had no problems with Admiral multi plan

minimad
8th June 2011, 12:31 AM
Adrian flux are good!

GCA3N
8th June 2011, 12:36 AM
Cheers folks.

sent from my galaxy S ll

RobSco
8th June 2011, 01:08 AM
Hi Greig

Why not try Mini Insurance I've just taken out a policy with them, Worth a try and a quote can be done online... :thumbs up:

http://www.mini.co.uk/services/insurance/

https://uk1.u-k-i.com/insurance/motor/PLB92943848566674809202/yourdetails.do;jsessionid=2830624b85465d256b47

Gismo
8th June 2011, 04:21 AM
I never had any problems with Direct Line.
Trouble with insurance is we nearly always take the cheapest policy and expect the highest quality of service.
You only find out how good your insurance company is when you actually need them

G17RDY
8th June 2011, 06:22 AM
I've always switched between Admiral & Elephant.

Big Gordy
8th June 2011, 07:33 AM
Hi Greig

Why not try Mini Insurance I've just taken out a policy with them, Worth a try and a quote can be done online... :thumbs up:

I'm with Rob on this one :yes nod:
We've been with Mini insurance ever since we've had the mini and never had any issues......mind you we've never hit or been hit by anybody so never really tested them:popcorn:

gauldrymini
8th June 2011, 08:19 AM
I never had any problems with Direct Line.
Trouble with insurance is we nearly always take the cheapest policy and expect the highest quality of service.
You only find out how good your insurance company is when you actually need them

...usually what we do. We were with MINI but now with eSure. MINI were £70 dearer and did not include personal injury damage or legal protection. Otherwise we would have stuck with them. We did ask MINI to match the eSure quote but they couldn't.

GCA3N
8th June 2011, 08:40 AM
You are right Alan there generally 2 reasons why folks opt for their insurer, either because it was the cheapest or through loyalty (AKA can't be bothered changing)

I was thinking about mini insurance TBH.

euan
8th June 2011, 09:03 AM
...usually what we do. We were with MINI but now with eSure. MINI were £70 dearer and did not include personal injury damage or legal protection. Otherwise we would have stuck with them. We did ask MINI to match the eSure quote but they couldn't.

I've been with esure for about 8 years now. I could have saved a few quid here and there over the years but they've been great when I've needed them (when someone ran into me) and they've got UK call centers. I also find they're pretty good at price matching quotes, especially their own when they come up on the comparison sites.

Penny Louise
8th June 2011, 10:12 AM
I was with Admiral since I passed my test 6 and a half years ago and I was gutted that I had to change to Direct Line at my last renewal. I was on a multi-car policy with my Mum and her husband but when we got the renewal quote through, it had increased by nearly £400!! I couldnt beleive it so I phoned them and all they said was "Sorry, you're not alone" I done an independant quote with Direct Line and it was a massive difference in price! Plus my Mum had already changed to Direct Line so I got a bit discount with their family deal they do.

But I personally think all insurance companies are the same...

ELFMAN
8th June 2011, 10:27 AM
Greig, cheapest quote I got was Aviva...

Craig
8th June 2011, 11:24 AM
Greig, cheapest quote I got was Aviva...

That's who Judes with atm, but we won't br renewing with them as their handling of 2 minors scrapes has been terrible to say the least... One claim from jan is still dragging on :(

gauldrymini
8th June 2011, 12:32 PM
Seems as though most folks dealings with insurance companies is a bit of a lottery...

Insurance = a necessary evil:idunno:

ELFMAN
8th June 2011, 01:07 PM
That's who Judes with atm, but we won't br renewing with them as their handling of 2 minors scrapes has been terrible to say the least... One claim from jan is still dragging on :(

Oh Dear, knew it was too good to be true.
Funny how Insurance companies are fine - until you have a claim... :argh:

Stewart
8th June 2011, 10:45 PM
Good to read E-sure have been ok with bumps etc as I'm with them, just dreading renewal....