PDA

View Full Version : Rear Light Replacement Help

AberdeenMini
27th July 2004, 11:12 PM
Help me please! Im in the process of replacing my standard rear lights for a set of new Lexus ones but i cant get them out! Ive removed one bolt and the light seems slack but wont budge, anyone know what to do? Thanks guys.

Julz
27th July 2004, 11:18 PM
A good shove from the inside should do it, there ain't nowt else holds them in but muck!!:p

MartinSullivan
27th July 2004, 11:25 PM
Julz is right - dont be scared of it - they will just pop out with a shove

AberdeenMini
28th July 2004, 02:06 AM
Thanks guys, i cant try it just now cause its raining but i will give it a go when it stops! Its quite sturdy though, i just know im going to snap something! :)

seany
28th July 2004, 02:23 AM
there is nothing to snap, just push it in.

Starky
28th July 2004, 02:45 AM
There's a couple of spring clips to push back as well as the nut on the screwed rod, my originals when I took them out had gasket tape round the edge of the moulding (as well as the gasket on the back), if you're careful you can re-use this on the new ones, I found out I needed to do this to seal it properly. You can easily check the water seal once you're done by carefully pouring a kettle of water round the edges. Hope this helps. :D

AberdeenMini
28th July 2004, 05:14 AM
God dam it! I tried but its not coming out! Right thats it, i cant be bothered with it just now but im just gona wrip them off tomorrow morning! :(

AberdeenMini
30th July 2004, 02:06 AM
Finally! They're on. Did you guys clip the new lights on or did you just use the bolt thing?