PDA

View Full Version : Front side light LED problem.

Delboy
5th June 2011, 07:44 PM
Thought I'd let you know about a problem that developed with one of my side light LEDs. I suddenly started getting the exterior lighting fault warning light coming on every time I started the car, although I could get it to disappear by putting the sidelights on. Anyway, I assumed that the LEDs were probably to blame so inspected them and found (on one of them) a soldered joint at one of the resistors had separated. I was able to re-solder the joint and refitted the LED - the warning light has not come back on since.

Hope this might help others who encounter a similar problem. :)

GCA3N
5th June 2011, 09:56 PM
Good stuff Del good to know. Where did you buy yours del?

I know I bought the cheaper ones and ended up buying mikes. Actually just realised probably gonna have to buy new ones again as the side light had gone from the accident.

Delboy
6th June 2011, 07:23 AM
I'm sure it was on eBay but can't remember the seller - will need to do some trawling through my PC to find them. I'm sure you bought the same ones for your S at the time.

GCA3N
6th June 2011, 08:35 AM
I did Del but they kept flashing, so contact newministuff and got them. TBH they were more expensive but the light was nicer and they never flashed.