PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused

Fester
4th June 2011, 10:12 PM
Have started the search for my next MINI which I am no rush to do as really want to find the right one but have kinda got it into my head that I would quite like a white one this time. Never had a white car before and would look forward to the challange of keeping it shinny. Now the bit that is confusing me is that I quite like the white that is not white but more of an off white but looking at all the ones for sale they seem to say pepper white for both the colours so which is which?? :confused:

cheers
Stephen

stoney
4th June 2011, 10:46 PM
There is only pepper Wight in a cooper they only do a proper whight in the country man

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Stewart
5th June 2011, 03:27 PM
Fester its ok they do stupid things with regards to the colour, I wanted what I would have considered gunmetal gray but t was not out in the Cooper only the S, then about six months after I got my car they started doing them. Now its Eclipse gray and its just not the same….What the White Silver you can get like I don’t know. The light white is on the Countryman as Rob has said but I’ve not seen it in the flesh.

I don’t even know if they do one of my favourites anymore in “Laser Blue” it will have been toned down and renamed.:ragin:

Mon the fish
5th June 2011, 03:40 PM
The only white on the hatch is Pepper white; that's the creamy coloured one. They've never done a glossy, pure white on R53 or R56.

There's a guy in Europe with a white wrapped R53, looks fantastic - the R53 shape really suits a bright white

KenL
5th June 2011, 08:09 PM
Pepper white has been around since the beginning of the MINI. My dealer told me recently that it is the most popular colour. Looks great with black roof.

SuperCooperS
5th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Hey Fester.. My second mini was white..I was unsure about the off white (which was a creamy white) at first but its a nice colour once your used to it, and it looks great when its shiney and clean.. good colour for hiding stone chips too!

stoney
5th June 2011, 09:11 PM
weight silver only comes on the Camden that was released on mini 50th

Fester
5th June 2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks everyone that kinda clears things up I was convinced by the photos that there were two whites it's definitely the creamy White I will be looking for. I thought it was quite a rare colour as not seen many in my area that is until you start looking for example a trip from Dundee to ikea in Edinburgh and back we spotted 13 of them!!!!

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gismo
6th June 2011, 06:34 AM
Hmm, i'm sure tehre was a brilliant white when i was in a shopping mall in the USA, thinking it was the Camden??
It had the cooper laurels on it??

euan
6th June 2011, 08:22 AM
If I was getting another Mini, I'd have it in Pepper White with black viper stripes - brilliant colour :-)

Every time I watch the Italian Job I want one...

Burple
6th June 2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone that kinda clears things up I was convinced by the photos that there were two whites it's definitely the creamy White I will be looking for. I thought it was quite a rare colour as not seen many in my area that is until you start looking for example a trip from Dundee to ikea in Edinburgh and back we spotted 13 of them!!!!

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope one of them was my JCW!! lol :thumbs up::cool:

I've now had 2 Pepper Whites, best colour ever in my opinion. It was rare when I had my first Cooper in 2003... now.. not so much! ;)