PDA

View Full Version : A little help, comments, suggestions...

Ferengo
2nd June 2011, 09:45 AM
Hi all.

In my job I'm required to take photos of products. It might be for web use or promo use but they need to be decent. Recently I've managed to secure some studio lighting which has made it much easier and the editing after a lot less.

Thing is I think I'm still having an issue on getting a decent focus. What I really want is as much of the image in focus as possible. This includes background and foreground. Any suggestions? I'm using a Nikon D40X with the supplied lens.

Here's a link to some of the images I've taken for my Ebay stuff to gauge what I've done so far: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq170/ferengo/Music%20Equipment/Guitars/

(The most recent images in there are the Gibson Firebird and SJ200)

As I say any suggestion would help.

Thanks, Grant.

baptie
2nd June 2011, 10:16 AM
gotta love the Gibson 350 studio, niceeeeeeee & the SJ200......

Ferengo
2nd June 2011, 01:20 PM
thanks man. The studio and SG were a trade for a les paul, ended up making £1000 profit.

The SJ200 is up on ebay right now, just like my hummingbird better :-)

baptie
3rd June 2011, 07:21 AM
Hummingbird is stunning, work of art!

MiniSnaps
12th June 2011, 04:35 PM
A quick look at a couple of your photos suggests that your shooting in Shutter priority, if you're using studio lights then you really want to be in manual, judging by the exposure times of 1 sec, would I be right in assuming these are constant, rather than strobe/flash lights?